5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TheLegend

Reaction score
I installed the Roll-N-Lock E-Series Tennaue Cover and I tell you what the electronic roll up is nice haven’t gotten any water in it been through downpours to car washes no a single drop. Also, have a led bar on the inside housing that lights up the bed at night and it is BRIGHT! Absolutely worth every penny and has a manual override if you ever wanted to open or close it that way.

Attachments

• 9DD2F7A0-56BD-4F3F-90F8-EAE02E9BC46B.jpeg
    9DD2F7A0-56BD-4F3F-90F8-EAE02E9BC46B.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DD2A6482-58C1-401E-8715-9A318EE6077B.jpeg
    DD2A6482-58C1-401E-8715-9A318EE6077B.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 29271B8B-9366-4E3A-9D94-CD83A15952C8.jpeg
    29271B8B-9366-4E3A-9D94-CD83A15952C8.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 75

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so they go one the ends of the doors, just inside the door jamb... so instead of closing my doors by putting my greaseball Italian fingers on the outside of the door and getting hand prints on the paint/possibly scratching it when theres like sand/salt on it, you grab these and swing the door shut. @Waterfowler41 did a vid on them...

Edit: heres the link to his vid.

commentary: my fav part is when he says "they're not for fights" :ROFLMAO: 👊

😆

What a cool idea! Didn’t catch that one on here. Thanks for the share!

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big/Only gripe about my bumper was that were no fog lights. It only took me about a year to make some brackets and install some cheap fog lights I had bought lol these are mainly for looks and really provide no usable output. I also hate the backsplash of light behind the bumper.

It got me thinking tho, and I started researching some. I want to install Diode Dynamic 2" fog lights in the area right below the light bar. There is a nice little step there and I could cut into the mesh above the skid plate and set them nicely into there. Just gotta work up the courage to cut into the bumper 😬

Anyways, pictures!

20230315_165940.jpg

20230315_165957.jpg

20230321_204918.jpg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a link?
Here ya go. Better than I thought. Looks like about $115

Side note: If you do get one, you have to have your headlights on to use it as it gets its power signal from the trailer running lights. I didn't know that when I installed it, and I spent several minutes cussing because I couldn't figure out why I had no picture :LOL:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gonna give these Jam handle thingies a try... seems like a novel idear.

View attachment 155891

But the next big mod on the radar is:
  • New rear upper and lower control arms
  • New panhard track bar
  • Topped off with a new rear anti-sway bar.
Probably all next month a couple weeks apart.
I have a creaking noise coming from the front whenever weight shifts forward and back. Rear gives a pop sometimes. Gonna convince my wife I need new CAs

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here ya go. Better than I thought. Looks like about $115

Side note: If you do get one, you have to have your headlights on to use it as it gets its power signal from the trailer running lights. I didn't know that when I installed it, and I spent several minutes cussing because I couldn't figure out why I had no picture :LOL:
Awesome. I'll have to give it a try!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a creaking noise coming from the front whenever weight shifts forward and back. Rear gives a pop sometimes. Gonna convince my wife I need new CAs

Your wife needs to be on board in order for you to get new UCA's? 😬

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your wife needs to be on board in order for you to get new UCA's? 😬
When it's not a real necessity, yes. She is very loving and open to letting me spend money. However, with the lift, wheels, and tires.... I kinda burned my budget there.

TheLegend

Reaction score
When it's not a real necessity, yes. She is very loving and open to letting me spend money. However, with the lift, wheels, and tires.... I kinda burned my budget there.
Lol, I’m in the same boat so I’m trying to figure out what all I need as I don’t know enough about lifts and my wife is like but it’s going to take away from the “Luxury and sleek look you have” I showed her some pictures of lifts and tires that aren’t super wide and high and now she’s all about getting it done but I spent a lot of money on goodies already (mostly because of this forum) 😅

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, I’m in the same boat so I’m trying to figure out what all I need as I don’t know enough about lifts and my wife is like but it’s going to take away from the “Luxury and sleek look you have” I showed her some pictures of lifts and tires that aren’t super wide and high and now she’s all about getting it done but I spent a lot of money on goodies already (mostly because of this forum) 😅
I originally reverse levelled my truck because it had the 22" Night Edition wheels. My wife hated it. Now it's just lifted 2" with 35s and she loves it. So, it was worth the money. I'm just in money jail for a bit.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I originally reverse levelled my truck because it had the 22" Night Edition wheels. My wife hated it. Now it's just lifted 2" with 35s and she loves it. So, it was worth the money. I'm just in money jail for a bit.
So, I have the stock 20”x9 premium painted wheels w/ inserts with the OEM 20” tires. I want to do a 2” lift and I want to do it the right way the first time what do you recommend? I do very mild off roading (nothing serious) but I do pull a trailer from time to time and some hot shot stuff I’ll take in the bed that can be pretty heavy at times. I know our trucks have a rake standard so front and rear with new UCA’s and a sway bar or just front? I know on lift kits it’s one of those perspective questions but just curious what different people have done and recommend. As, I said I’ve done research but never have done them and don’t know that world very well to know what’s good quality product. Looking to do it in about a month.

Users who are viewing this thread