5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I have the stock 20”x9 premium painted wheels w/ inserts with the OEM 20” tires. I want to do a 2” lift and I want to do it the right way the first time what do you recommend? I do very mild off roading (nothing serious) but I do pull a trailer from time to time and some hot shot stuff I’ll take in the bed that can be pretty heavy at times. I know our trucks have a rake standard so front and rear with new UCA’s and a sway bar or just front? I know on lift kits it’s one of those perspective questions but just curious what different people have done and recommend. As, I said I’ve done research but never have done them and don’t know that world very well to know what’s good quality product. Looking to do it in about a month.
The Mopar 2" has been great to me. I know the ReadyLift SST lift is common. If I did it again, I'd go with FOX DSC Coilovers and shocks.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, I have the stock 20”x9 premium painted wheels w/ inserts with the OEM 20” tires. I want to do a 2” lift and I want to do it the right way the first time what do you recommend? I do very mild off roading (nothing serious) but I do pull a trailer from time to time and some hot shot stuff I’ll take in the bed that can be pretty heavy at times. I know our trucks have a rake standard so front and rear with new UCA’s and a sway bar or just front? I know on lift kits it’s one of those perspective questions but just curious what different people have done and recommend. As, I said I’ve done research but never have done them and don’t know that world very well to know what’s good quality product. Looking to do it in about a month.
There is a whole section on suspension. Plenty of threads on lifts.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mopar 2" has been great to me. I know the ReadyLift SST lift is common. If I did it again, I'd go with FOX DSC Coilovers and shocks.
I appreciate the info I’ll have to look into it I thought someone said that the Mopar 2”
Was from Fox? May be a different one than you are taking about though.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a whole section on suspension. Plenty of threads on lifts.
Yeah I posted a thread on there but didn’t get much traction I looked through there but couldn’t really find anything specifically that would fit my setup and what I do on the daily guess I could try sifting through all of the different threads to try and to piece it together. Thanks!

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate the info I’ll have to look into it I thought someone said that the Mopar 2”
Was from Fox? May be a different one than you are taking about though.
The Mopar lift uses FOX shocks. I am talking about he 2.5" DSC Coilover and reservoir shocks though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I posted a thread on there but didn’t get much traction I looked through there but couldn’t really find anything specifically that would fit my setup and what I do on the daily guess I could try sifting through all of the different threads to try and to piece it together. Thanks!
Depends on how much you want to spend. I'd do Bilstiens front and rear. Add taller springs in the rear for a little lift. But I'd also recommend heller airbag in the rear for when you tow or haul heavy stuff to help prevent squat

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The Mopar lift uses FOX shocks. I am talking about he 2.5" DSC Coilover and reservoir shocks though.

I had the fox 2.5s on my Silverado. I was very disappointed in them. They started to corrode, even though I kept them clean with anti corrosion spay. And the internal bushing were worn after only 15k causing them to clunk and the ride was better than normal shocks, but wasn’t what I expected for the money.

I switched to cst and all was solved.

If I were to go the lifted route again, I would splurge on a set of kings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on how much you want to spend. I'd do Bilstiens front and rear. Add taller springs in the rear for a little lift. But I'd also recommend heller airbag in the rear for when you tow or haul heavy stuff to help prevent squat
Yeah, I’d rather spend money and do it right the first time to be honest so what I’ve kind of gathered looking through the threads is maybe the Bilstiens 6112 for the front, Bilstiens 5100 for the rear, Readylift 2” UCA’s, Hellwig Sway Bar Kit, and Core 4x4 End Links. Seems like a good set up to protect parts, smoother ride, and more flexibility? Heller Airbag? I couldn’t find it online

Idahoktm

Reaction score
When it's not a real necessity, yes. She is very loving and open to letting me spend money. However, with the lift, wheels, and tires.... I kinda burned my budget there.

That's crazy. I've never bothered to ask. I suppose if I didn't work, asking would be appropriate.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's crazy. I've never bothered to ask. I suppose if I didn't work, asking would be appropriate.
I make almost 2.5 times more than my wife we just have mutual respect in discussing finances and what is a want or need. I handle all the finances in our relationship but if I’m going to make a big purchase I still talk to my wife about it. It’s a checks and balances system that works for us and helps me make sure that she doesn’t make any big purchases without discussing as well.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I make almost 2.5 times more than my wife we just have mutual respect in discussing finances and what is a want or need. I handle all the finances in our relationship but if I’m going to make a big purchase I still talk to my wife about it. It’s a checks and balances system that works for us and helps me make sure that she doesn’t make any big purchases without discussing as well.
Exactly. It is just a respect thing. I have never told that woman no a day in her life, but she still brings things to me.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly. It is just a respect thing. I have never told that woman no a day in her life, but she still brings things to me.
Sounds like you got a great woman happy for you man! Hard to find these days lol

Gregbj33

Reaction score
Completed the final steps in my put together 3.5” lift. Had the Bilstein b12 springs and RC M1 rear shocks already on the truck and today added the RC M1 3.5” struts along with RC UCAs. Don’t mind the dirt in the pic.

Side note, I posted my used RC 2” leveling struts in the Sell Tread. IMG_1701.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread