5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Reldn

Reaction score
Looks great. All stock lift I assume. Any rubbing anywhere?

When my stock tires are worn I want to put the biggest tire I can fit on my BackCountry without mods.

Thanks! Yep, suspension is all stock. These tires fit perfectly, no rub anywhere.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fi
Thanks! Yep, suspension is all stock. These tires fit perfectly, no rub anywhere.
Figured they would be fine. Just slightly larger than stock. Biggest I heard fitting so far is 295/70-18.

CD987B86-FD4D-49FA-BD4E-28A88E92D121.jpeg

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been itching for some new tires for a WHILE. Rolled 40k on the oem Falkens and decided it was time. Got Discount tire to price match Amazon on some 275/65r20 General Grabber ATXs for $302/tire. $60 discount on each one. Seem to be pretty comparable to the Falken AT3Ws I was considering and $110 cheaper per tire. Seems like a win to me. I'm very excited to finally get them on.

Reldn

Reaction score
Been itching for some new tires for a WHILE. Rolled 40k on the oem Falkens and decided it was time. Got Discount tire to price match Amazon on some 275/65r20 General Grabber ATXs for $302/tire. $60 discount on each one. Seem to be pretty comparable to the Falken AT3Ws I was considering and $110 cheaper per tire. Seems like a win to me. I'm very excited to finally get them on.

Nice! I ran Grabber ATX on my 4Runner for a good while and absolutely loved those tires.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1.25in is perfecto
3d60d30cfa000f5cac61fb3439d3bdf4.jpg

6a48bd9554757d3e6ddb777e4af268fd.jpg

f6bb475fb628a38d911f24efc5803f60.jpg

4a5212b72f7e782f14a705b3a888407a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Broke out the pressure washer and washed the mud off the truck from when I pulled someone out of the ditch a couple weeks ago. Was finally warm enough to get it done. No pics, looks clean like it did before I got it muddy

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long did it take to get that adapter from Vice? Got a discount and bought it from them. Just getting impatient now. Amazon Prime has ruined me.
Just as a follow up... I ordered on 2/23 and received it 3/7. Seems to be built well. Glad I bought it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just as a follow up... I ordered on 2/23 and received it 3/7. Seems to be built well. Glad I bought it.
Sorry I missed your previous reply to me because I got caught up in a debate about the cut off on the lights I used. Which I was right about. Yeah took a couple weeks, but they have the cheapest price for that adapter

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your previous reply to me because I got caught up in a debate about the cut off on the lights I used. Which I was right about. Yeah took a couple weeks, but they have the cheapest price for that adapter
No, problem. I saw someone liked my post, so figure I'd update.

broman66

Reaction score
I think maybe there is a disconnect here.

I did not know they were going to wash it. They didn't tell me they were going to wash it, much less ask. I paid for an oil change. They did ask me if I wanted the complimentary tire rotation, to which I said yes.

I'm not clear on how anyone could construe any part of this situation to be my fault.

Further, it seems to be pretty commonly recognized that the automatic car wash machines (at least, the ones that use the big roller brushes, like this dealer's does) DO put fine scratches on any car's paint. It's not something you would necessarily notice after 1 wash. But, if you look at two identical cars, one that is put through one of those machines once a month for a year, and the other properly hand washed once a month for a year, you WILL be able to see the difference in fine scratches in the paint. Especially if you look at the roof and see all the long straight scratches left by the roller that goes over the top. Yes, you would need to examine them with a light at the right angle, but if you look, the difference is very obvious.

I think any auto service professional should be expected to know that those automatic machines do create fine scratches. So, I think it is completely reasonable to expect an auto service professional to ask or inform the customer before putting their vehicle through such a machine.

Yes, this is first world problems - which is why I didn't raise a huge ruckus at the dealership. In theory, my ceramic coating should have protected my paint from scratches. But, of course, at the expense of the coating taking premature, excess wear. An uncoated vehicle would certainly fare worse. And no, I have not yet examined it closely to see if I can tell. By the time I got home, the water drops all over it from their wash combined with pollen season to turn my nice, black truck into an ugly yellow mess. I need to get it washed again to even tell if there are now scratches under there.

It's just annoying and why I led off why "I'm just whining."
If your coating is that weak, then you blew a lot of cash on nothing. One run through a car wash will not cause any issues. I've used one weekly (yes, with the rollers) for three years with minimal scratches. Yes, even in the sun. I do NOT have any coatings. Just the stock paint and clear coat.
Don't lose any sleep over it. It's not worth it. And as you said yourself, "first world problems" and not worth the tears.

bobbyflex

Reaction score
I see in your sig you cancelled an order for a new truck, did you get a great deal on this one?
yeah dealer wouldn’t honor tread lightly and my brother in law actually works at a used car dealer and hooked me up between trade value, warranty, etc. The rebel shipped yesterday if anyone wants it lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah dealer wouldn’t honor tread lightly and my brother in law actually works at a used car dealer and hooked me up between trade value, warranty, etc. The rebel shipped yesterday if anyone wants it lol
Dealer probably just wanted the truck for new inventory on the lot. They could care less if you actually bought it or not.

bobbyflex

Reaction score
Dealer probably just wanted the truck for new inventory on the lot. They could care less if you actually bought it or not.
Yeah that’s fine it can sit there for months like the last rebel did I’m happier with my truck

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plugged the holes in the bumper.
OSUPlate.jpg
Some of y'all told me not to do it, but I didn't listen.
RamFrontWithPlate.jpg
So now I think maybe it needs red white and blue overlay on the RAM in the middle of the grille, then I'll be done with lipstick. :)

Users who are viewing this thread