5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had the truck for two years now. Never have been able to get an update OTA. Every few days I'd see a java popup message.

It’s done it to mine several times. Only time you notice it is when Bluetooth, and xm don’t work. If you just listen to the radio you would never know it’s happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yes they do

ive seen several people use the blazer wireless controller to enable u to use homelink buttons

when you get them up and working im curious to see the light output. waiting for good weather to get out and install my lower grille 30" bar and a pillar brackets. i havent decided on lasfit or aux beam for the ditch lights ( still debating what pattern to get also)
Son of a *****.

Weird. When you search by make/model/year on their site…that doesn’t pop up. Only shows 2010-2018.

6of36

Reaction score
Permatex'd the **** out of everything. Flex seal tape inside and out. Silicone across the entire interior top edge of the window. Big rain storm coming this week so we shall see if it works
For info for anyone else that wants to seal their truck, Lexel caulk. Clear in the tube, dries crystal clear, can be applied wet, paintable. I use it for caulking everything.

TSL

Reaction score
Of course.
But other than tower ping data, my phone isn't transmitting anything I haven't authorized.
And you can turn it completely off if you want to. Whereas in the video you posted ( which was fascinating by the way, although I don't think I quite dare disassemble my truck's head unit like that !) the guy points out that there is no option to turn off the transmission from the truck. I thought he made a good point : make it an option, sure there are some benefits to it, but some owners might not want them, or trust what might or might not be happening with data transmission.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Well after 6 months of casual searching and 1 month of intense looking I finally found the truck I wanted. Almost custom ordered a 23 but I found this one about 500 miles away and bought it. It has more than I even knew it had. The Built to Serve package is awesome with the amazing looks inside and out, the chromeless body, the pano roof, digital mirror, LED lights, a bakflip tonneau cover, low miles (25k), ready to trailer, paint is pristine and the 12" screen is huge. Said goodbye to my 2014 Quad Cab after 8 years and 100k miles. This truck is just way bigger and tougher! And feels likes a Limited on the inside.
Congrats! Can't go wrong with a BTS

HemiDude

Reaction score
It’s done it to mine several times. Only time you notice it is when Bluetooth, and xm don’t work. If you just listen to the radio you would never know it’s happening.

Or you start your truck in the morning like I did yesterday and your main screen has been reset. Disclaimer: I didn't check to see if an update did occur, but I never had any issues with UC5 until the last verified update, so I'm just making a wild*** guess

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Only listened to FM radio one time while stuck in traffic with my coworkers. FM today is like watching MTV. You remember how they used to play music last century.

I've never used XM.

Pandora streaming over BT is what I use exclusively unless I'm on the phone.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Only listened to FM radio one time while stuck in traffic with my coworkers. FM today is like watching MTV. You remember how they used to play music last century.

I've never used XM.

Pandora streaming over BT is what I use exclusively unless I'm on the phone.
Exactly. Today's radio stations are all commercials. I use Spotify to listen to what I want when I want

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
1.25in should be perfect that’s what she said..
cce5ef093589fc694a4168d78a050689.jpg

4d91ad7384a6c97f70dc7bb3a96cffeb.jpg

HemiDude

Reaction score
1.25in spacers should put the edge of the tread just about flush with the oem flairs.

That's about where I'll be looking to be when I put my factory rims back on for warm weather. Haven't ordered the spacers yet, I was going to go a little thicker on the rears to even the wheels out. Did you get the same front/rear?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yeah I did 1.25 all around. Trucks getting inspected tomorrow. So I can install them after that. Since they are illegal in my stupid state.

I’ll be using them with my vossens. But they are similar offset to the factory wheels

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
1.25in spacers should put the edge of the tread just about flush with the oem flairs.

1.25 spacers will put the factory wheels right at the edge of the factory fender flares? If you can, please post up a few pictures if you got the 1.25 spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread