5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some pictures of the output. Kind of an odd pattern. But they work pretty good.

Just the back up cam on, brake on, not in reverse.
View attachment 153029

And in reverse. I did adjust them down some after this to be aimed closer to rear of truck. The cut off with bright spot directly below, then gap of no light is odd. Wonder if I flipprd them over it would help to have the cut off be at top of pattern to help if anyone behind me. There weren't any directions with the lights to say which direction was "up"
View attachment 153030
Did they change something in the backup cameras? I see a bunch of people wanting to add lights. My last ram looked like daylight when backing up at night. My current Durango isn't quite as good, but I still see fine.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Some pictures of the output. Kind of an odd pattern. But they work pretty good.

Just the back up cam on, brake on, not in reverse.
View attachment 153029

And in reverse. I did adjust them down some after this to be aimed closer to rear of truck. The cut off with bright spot directly below, then gap of no light is odd. Wonder if I flipprd them over it would help to have the cut off be at top of pattern to help if anyone behind me. There weren't any directions with the lights to say which direction was "up"
View attachment 153030
How do you get the seat and wheel heat controls on the bottom like that? Mine are tiny buttons on top corners of screen.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they change something in the backup cameras? I see a bunch of people wanting to add lights. My last ram looked like daylight when backing up at night. My current Durango isn't quite as good, but I still see fine.
No, but I need more than my camera view to back up at night, especially off road.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you get the seat and wheel heat controls on the bottom like that? Mine are tiny buttons on top corners of screen.
UC4, you can customize the lower icons by clicking and dragging from the apps page

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, because i can adjust it based on angle. If it was front hitch it wouldn't change
No matter how you angle the light themselfs, light output is still 170 degrees and the hitch is still in the same position. Your lights are behind the the edge of the hitch. move the lights to the distance as the hitch, shadow will be gone. I'll bet you. Masters in Physical sience tells me so.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No matter how you angle the light themselfs, light output is still 170 degrees and the hitch is still in the same position. Your lights are behind the the edge of the hitch. move the lights to the distance as the hitch, shadow will be gone. I'll bet you. Masters in Physical sience tells me so.
Lol, I can adjust the angle the the cutoff moves up and down. If the hitch was causing it, the "shadow" would stay the same, but only the focus line would move.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, I can adjust the angle the the cutoff moves up and down. If the hitch was causing it, the "shadow" would stay the same, but only the focus line would move.
So, what happen when you move the lights right and left? Up and down would not change the angled light output.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, what happen when you move the lights right and left? Up and down would not change the angled light output.
If the hitch was causing the shadow, when I change the angle/tilt of the lights, the shadow line(area circled) would not move. But it does. After I took this pictures I swapped seats with the wife and I got out and adjusted them so that line is only a few feet behind the truck not 20'.

Attachments

• PXL_20230226_013948498~2.jpg
    PXL_20230226_013948498~2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 59

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just do a simple test. unbolt the light and bring them to the same level as the hitch, the shadow will be gone, if not, then the lights are the problem. Don't forget, the camera is farther behind the line of the lights and hitch.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just do a simple test. unbolt the light and bring them to the same level as the hitch, the shadow will be gone, if not, then the lights are the problem. Don't forget, the camera is farther behind the line of the lights and hitch.
You're over thinking it. If the position of the lights, in relation to the hitch, do not change, only the angle they are pointed at, the shape and location of the shadow will not change. The hitch is still in the same spot and will still block the same area of light.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're over thinking it. If the position of the lights, in relation to the hitch, do not change, only the angle they are pointed at, the shape and location of the shadow will not change. The hitch is still in the same spot and will still block the same area of light.
That's is because the camera and hitch are still in the same location. Light is deceiving, believe me.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to get to the point of it. Just place the lights on top of the bumper temporarly and see what happened.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to get to the point of it. Just place the lights on top of the bumper temporarly and see what happened.
Like I said, I understand what you are trying to say, but it doesn't apply the way you are thinking. For one, it wouldn't be a square cut off due to overlap of the lights from each side. Not the best drawing, just showing the light output and how the overlap would prevent a square shadow. And without changing the distance behind the hitch, the shadow wouldn't change. Screenshot_20230226-150955.png

Users who are viewing this thread