5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Av1

Reaction score
I'm not sponsored, nor affiliated with any party, but here is one of my 5" Auxbeam lights from Amazon. Didn't seem to change regardless of how I flipped it, even sideways. There is no "top", but given the mounting bracket and logo placement there is an inferred top.
View attachment 153079 View attachment 153080

Those put out bright light with a good pattern. Nice.

U

User_63152

All I see is an eerie face under the right exhaust.

f4a56b853dd2170b332b75406c29cae3.jpg

68145.jpg

Welcome too... Fright Night.. for real
:ROFLMAO:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Changed the oil today, realized I forgot to order a fumoto valve, won’t make that mistake again lol. Drained about 3 ounces or so out of the catch can, straight oil, seems like a lot over six months.

Then finished up by smoking my last one of these:
90C2DC2E-F585-42F9-AC64-4FBD654251FB.jpeg

Veteran owned company (Warfighter), pretty good smoke if you’re looking for one, this one was the Garrison 7.62mm Robusto.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I see is an eerie face under the right exhaust.

f4a56b853dd2170b332b75406c29cae3.jpg
i stared at it for a good 10 minutes at work just now and still can't see it.
im guessing the monitors at work need to be replaced. no wonder my work photos look good at work but when i look at it at home it's whack LOL

Ram2134

Reaction score
Changed the push-to-start button to the OEM red TRX style and painted the outer bezel black. Looks much more cleaner IMO with the bezel black, than grey.

Attachments

• AD982D4A-C656-4109-8840-D025A5C2C635.jpeg
    AD982D4A-C656-4109-8840-D025A5C2C635.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 114

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not with my Ram but about:
I finally took the time to write 2 more posts about the truck. This time about switches and electrical walk through.

You can head there if you're interested:
Truck looks great! But, "Where's the Beef", jerky that is?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just whining.

I needed an oil change. My truck was super dirty. So, yesterday, before going to the dealership for an oil change (bought a package there), I decided to get my truck washed.

I didn't want a tech leaning over onto my truck and grinding dirt into my paint. So, I found a local place that does hand washes and went there. They did a good job. With my ceramic coating, my truck looked perfect after their wash and hand dry.

Went to the dealer and waited while they took it back for the oil change and complimentary tire rotation.

Truck comes back out front and I go out to get my paperwork showing the oil change package I had bought ('cause the service writer couldn't find it in his system). My truck has water drops all over it (on a nice, clear day).

I ask the service writer "why is my truck all wet?"

"Oh, they washed it before they brought it back around."

"How did they wash it? By hand or a machine?"

"They ran it through our automatic machine."

I seriously almost blew a gasket. W! T! F?!?!

I mean, it's not just that those machines scratch the **** out of your paint (tiny, fine scratches, which build up and look horrible, eventually).

It's that my truck was spotless and dry when I handed it to them. They gave it back covered with water drops and water spots. It looked like crap compared to how it looked before they took it back!

What frickin' brainiac puts a perfectly clean, spotless vehicle through one of those automatic washing machines?!?!?!

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

okay... thanks for letting me vent.....

spithead051

Reaction score
I'm just whining.

I needed an oil change. My truck was super dirty. So, yesterday, before going to the dealership for an oil change (bought a package there), I decided to get my truck washed.

I didn't want a tech leaning over onto my truck and grinding dirt into my paint. So, I found a local place that does hand washes and went there. They did a good job. With my ceramic coating, my truck looked perfect after their wash and hand dry.

Went to the dealer and waited while they took it back for the oil change and complimentary tire rotation.

Truck comes back out front and I go out to get my paperwork showing the oil change package I had bought ('cause the service writer couldn't find it in his system). My truck has water drops all over it (on a nice, clear day).

I mean, it's not just that those machines scratch the **** out of your paint (tiny, fine scratches, which build up and look horrible, eventually).

It's that my truck was spotless and dry when I handed it to them. They gave it back covered with water drops and water spots. It looked like crap compared to how it looked before they took it back!

What frickin' brainiac puts a perfectly clean, spotless vehicle through one of those automatic washing machines?!?!?!

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Sounds like your dealer owes you a polish and fresh coating. Those automatic machines basically grind it off.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer owes you a polish and fresh coating. Those automatic machines basically grind it off.
I got the woman that rang me out to note on my ticket that they had run it through their washer.

I'm going to take it to the place that did my ceramic coating for another wash and ask them to check if there is any damage that needs to be addressed. If so, then I'll take that bill back to the Dodge dealer and request reimbursement. They probably won't do anything, but, well, hopefully it won't come to that...

I mean the ceramic coating is supposed to prevent scratches and it's only 6 months or so old. So, hopefully, there is no visible damage and I'll just move on - and make sure they don't put my truck through their wash again.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just whining.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Smdh. Theres been time when I would bring my truck in for an oil change right after I commuted several miles and hours out of state for work and they would look so baffled when I make it clear as day… do not wash my truck. I really that dealers rely on this type of service.. we had the same things ages ago when I worked at a dealer.. you either had that guy that comes in for service and wants his once a year wash.. then expects perfection when its clear as day.. he could careless about upkeep..”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fighting the urge to wash my truck, it was super windy on Sunday so its COVERED im dust/dirt. Then it's supposed to be windy again tomorrow and Thursday.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just whining.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

i always make them not that "customer refused car wash" on the paper when i drop it off, knowing that they feed it through a machine. no way in hell they'd do a hand wash.
as for your coating... it will be fine. a quality and properly applied coating should be able to withstand being fed through the machine once. what you need to look out for is to NOT use regular car soap. use car soap made specifically for coatings to preserve it.

raygun9

Reaction score
Changed the push-to-start button to the OEM red TRX style and painted the outer bezel black. Looks much more cleaner IMO with the bezel black, than grey.

Been wanting to paint that outer bezel for awhile.. nice job.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just whining.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I always have them Note that I do not want my car washed and then I remind them when the service guy takes my keys.

Sorry this happened, I totally feel your pain.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always have them Note that I do not want my car washed and then I remind them when the service guy takes my keys.

Sorry this happened, I totally feel your pain.
You're sorry somebody decided to do their job, pit their customer service training into play, and ensure that the company fulfills their promise?

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're sorry somebody decided to do their job, pit their customer service training into play, and ensure that the company fulfills their promise?
I have been in customer service for over 20 years, and while I can appreciate the extra service, if I had been in the situation(doing the service for the customer) I would have asked the customer if he wanted it washed as I would noted it was clean. If they still wanted it washed, cool if not cool, there is no guessing and the customer is happy.

In short, I totally get where your coming from and that is great to advocate for continued customer service, but I see OP point of view and there is a lot of expense in having your vehicle ceramic coated so I would a bit annoyed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread