5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Small world - we did that too (I grew up in West Texas). We'd take them to San Angelo and got paid for them, even had an annual Rattlesnake Roundup festival.
Cool. My dad grew up in Big Lake. Miss that Chicken Fried Steak at Zentner's Daughter Steak House. Heard they closed. Bummer.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. My dad grew up in Big Lake. Miss that Chicken Fried Steak at Zentner's Daughter Steak House. Heard they closed. Bummer.
Wow, haven't heard that name for about 30 years!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just reading the description of your activities, I would suggest you do a vid of your exploits and send (sell) it to Ram.

You could just end up being featured jn one of their advertising campaigns. 🤷‍♂️
thanks hahaha
believe it or not that was my goal (to be an "influencer") in the beginning as I didn't really properly document my build with my previous rig. I did a walk around video of the truck when it was bone stock, paid for Adobe Premier, edited the footage for 2 days, and scrapped the idea.
Plan was to film the beginning, the build process, and the adventures.

I am a decent photographer (if I say so myself) but videography and editing is just a whole another level lol

but i may tackle that again and just jump straight to adventure videos. I'm paying extra attention on similar videos on Youtube to see how people do it

T4runnermods

Reaction score
Убраны значки на задней двери для уменьшения веса и добавлена красная кнопка запуска TRX… теперь грузовик намного быстрее.
подскажите номер красной кнопки trx

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced the factory battery that suddenly went from alive to dead last night.

EVIC now displays 14.5 volts, used to only display 14.1 to 14.3
EVIC shows the voltage of the alternator while running. Mine has shown up to 14.9 - 15 at some point.

If you want to see the battery voltage put the truck into ACC or Run without the engine running, and then check your voltage. Or just use a volt meter.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
EVIC shows the voltage of the alternator while running. Mine has shown up to 14.9 - 15 at some point.

If you want to see the battery voltage put the truck into ACC or Run without the engine running, and then check your voltage. Or just use a volt meter.

I'm aware of that. Previously while running my voltage was slightly lower

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I took my RAM in to get my 30,000 mile oil change, then to have the tires rotated, and finally washed the truck. That is when things turned.

While washing the windows, I noticed a small amount of water running down the rear window, on the inside. NOOOO! Looks like I have the dreaded 3rd brake light leak. I immediately went to the dealer to get an appointment, expecting a fight to get it replaced, but instead the guy is having me bring the truck in tomorrow so they can get pictures and get the parts ordered. Apparently, he was quite familiar with the issue, and didn't hassle me AT ALL. Hopefully it continues to go so smooth. So far I am quite impressed by their service department.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my RAM in to get my 30,000 mile oil change, then to have the tires rotated, and finally washed the truck. That is when things turned.

While washing the windows, I noticed a small amount of water running down the rear window, on the inside. NOOOO! Looks like I have the dreaded 3rd brake light leak. I immediately went to the dealer to get an appointment, expecting a fight to get it replaced, but instead the guy is having me bring the truck in tomorrow so they can get pictures and get the parts ordered. Apparently, he was quite familiar with the issue, and didn't hassle me AT ALL. Hopefully it continues to go so smooth. So far I am quite impressed by their service department.

Glad to hear they were willing to assist. I had the same experience with my local service center when the back window on my 2020 Ram was leaking. They knew exactly what to do and got it fixed fairly quickly, although parts took a while to come in. If anyone rolls into any Ram service center and the employees act like they don’t know anything about the Ram trucks leaking, RUN. They are lying their a** off. Find another service center that can help you. I guarantee that every Ram service center in the country and beyond know these trucks leak in multiple areas, and have for many years.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Scr8pin

Reaction score

Had that same leak twice, second time, I went and ordered the egr rear roof spoiler on top of replacing the light ……..I don’t think my subwoofer was helping as well but since I put the spoiler on, no issues!

Attachments

• 9CF6E091-14D0-4FCB-98CF-C757F8AE29BF.jpeg
    9CF6E091-14D0-4FCB-98CF-C757F8AE29BF.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 108

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
are you concerned about not having a battery blanket?

I'm sort of on the fence about that. When I get a new battery, I'll replace it with an H8 which will require a new blanket or heat shield as Ram calls it. I've never had a vehicle with a blanket on the battery, but I've also never had a vehicle so dependant on battery power. Because of that, I'll probably get one... they're only $25.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sort of on the fence about that. When I get a new battery, I'll replace it with an H8 which will require a new blanket or heat shield as Ram calls it. I've never had a vehicle with a blanket on the battery, but I've also never had a vehicle so dependant on battery power. Because of that, I'll probably get one... they're only $25.
What is a battery blanket?

Users who are viewing this thread