5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

397STROKER

Reaction score
I get Black snakes and my wife freaks out. I relocate them as they help keep rodents down. But dealing with a deadly poisonous snake would defiantly be invigorating to say the least. I think I will pass on that.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Was it listed on the POC when you ordered it?
Since trailer surround is really just a section of harness, to plug the trailer in to, and as soon as you added level one or elite, the option disappeared, my salesman said that harness must be used for those, so it wouldn't be listed separately. As if, if you didn't order one of those, you could pay extra for that harness. I don't know why, but evidently you can't get it right now.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No they’re not pets and yes those rattlesnakes show up in my yard! They show up in the heat of summer I suspect because I have underground irrigation that comes on at night.
I catch and relocate them out into the country. Quite an “invigorating” process LOL. Everyone thinks I‘m nuts! Well….maybe a little but I can’t have them in my yard with dogs and it would take to long waiting for Conservation guys to show up.

Non-venomous snakes? No problem.

Venomous snakes? Sorry. They get dead, not relocated.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve taken about 5 or so out of my yard. Wife freaks out!
Manly men doing manly things.
I live in a very rural county, about half of which is forested and owned by the state. Every year, a couple dozen knuckleheads have a big festival and go out in the woods flipping over rocks to see who can find the biggest one. I try to stay as far away as possible ha. I've seen a few of forestry roads for work, but I try to stay out of their neighborhood and hope they stay out of mine. Spiders I have no fear of, oddly enough :LOL:

Scram1500

Reaction score
Good excuse to carry a piece, they even make one for the occasion

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good excuse to carry a piece, they even make one for the occasion

Oh I do, every time I'm in the field. But that is pretty cool. I imagine the recoil with a 410 or 45lc would get your attention though :oops:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As my house is way too urban for me to discharge a piece, I would have to get a 6-foot machete to deal with these creatures.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As my house is way too urban for me to discharge a piece, I would have to get a 6-foot machete to deal with these creatures.
Ah, that reminds me of a story I tell occasionally. Long ago, I was up on a ladder trimming ivy on an arched wall outside my house. Out of nowhere, a 5' black snake rears his head up from the top of the wall. I yell, fall off the ladder, and run to the garage to grab a machete. I climb back up, take a huge swipe, and cut the snake in half. About that time, my wife comes out of the house asking what the hell is going on. So I climb back up and pull the back end of the snake off and throw it on the ground to show her. NEVER FOUND THE FRONT HALF. So from that day forward, I was just certain that there was a p1ssed off half-snake looking for his revenge. Made it real hard to do yard work after that.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, that reminds me of a story I tell occasionally. Long ago, I was up on a ladder trimming ivy on an arched wall outside my house. Out of nowhere, a 5' black snake rears his head up from the top of the wall. I yell, fall off the ladder, and run to the garage to grab a machete. I climb back up, take a huge swipe, and cut the snake in half. About that time, my wife comes out of the house asking what the hell is going on. So I climb back up and pull the back end of the snake off and throw it on the ground to show her. NEVER FOUND THE FRONT HALF. So from that day forward, I was just certain that there was a p1ssed off half-snake looking for his revenge. Made it real hard to do yard work after that.
I would have committed arson, if I was alive after the heart attack.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Oh I do, every time I'm in the field. But that is pretty cool. I imagine the recoil with a 410 or 45lc would get your attention though :oops:
I fired 410 bird shot out of something similar a few years ago, it was eye opening as well as sinus clearing. The muzzle blast alone would knock out the snake

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna struggle with yard cleanup in the spring.....

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brother ran a crayfish farm in SC back in the 90's. One day while checking the traps he came across a Water Moccasin and chopped its head off. He continued checking trapes at several different ponds and on his way back a couple hours later went to pick the body and head to put it in the traps as bait. The head of the snake bit him on the thumb and he almost lost the thumb.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My brother ran a crayfish farm in SC back in the 90's. One day while checking the traps he came across a Water Moccasin and chopped its head off. He continued checking trapes at several different ponds and on his way back a couple hours later went to pick the body and head to put it in the traps as bait. The head of the snake bit him on the thumb and he almost lost the thumb.
We're getting WAY off topic now, but what the heck...my wife sent me this picture from our front doorstep yesterday morning. Looks like an owl had a little meal on the welcome mat. I wonder if this head would bite my thumb.

cardinal head.png

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought and installed the receiver brackets he posted. And the LED pods I posted earlier. Got them installed today. Had to do mine s little different than he didn't. I sure depending on the lights and how they mount will determine where you have to position the brackets. Couldn't get them out under the bumper any further. So they are kid of tucked behind a little. Don't look too bad from the back. View attachment 152461 View attachment 152462 View attachment 152463 View attachment 152464
I think I'm going to leave them here for now. Still haven't bought the harness, but not necessarily looking for projection far behind the truck. Mostly rear of tires and right behind the truck. Kinda wish these were flood instead of beam. I'll probably play around with mountingnoptions, etc. Too light out now to really tell how far they project, and about to head out for the evening.

May eventually build a harness that would let me power from backup lights or Homelink.

I will try straight back like you guys when I have more time.
20230222_180248.jpg
20230222_175625.jpg 20230222_175615.jpg

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We're getting WAY off topic now, but what the heck...my wife sent me this picture from our front doorstep yesterday morning. Looks like an owl had a little meal on the welcome mat. I wonder if this head would bite my thumb.

View attachment 152694
My wife would be in tears if she saw this. Cardinals are her favorite.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6752411dfd5a4ca955d471a56f705344.jpg

de9504d3ac9b2cd6459b3aaba678f2df.jpg

About a month ago bought a Retrax MX for a amazing price. Been eyeballing them for awhile now but never pulled the trigger. Old Lomax has done me well but Trifold for daily use has gotten annoying and latches need some work. Thought the canister size would be a deal breaker but I also use to haul a Milwaukee box that wasn’t exactly small, downsized to a Rigid box so I make up some bedspace.

Also got realigned at Pepboys after I removed Readylift strut spacers. Quick 10 mins of work there. Long story short…some words was said when it came checkout time. Lifetime alignment ftw. Got bs about the alignment being voided if lifted unless they did work etc. I chuckled pointed out it was lifted prior. As well as my previous truck and lowered cars in the past never been brought up as an issue. Never used this location before typically I use the one right in town but its less busy here and I had something to do just up the road so it was convenient. Also used several out of state for the same thing never once has it ever been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6752411dfd5a4ca955d471a56f705344.jpg

de9504d3ac9b2cd6459b3aaba678f2df.jpg

About a month ago bought a Retrax MX for a amazing price. Been eyeballing them for awhile now but never pulled the trigger. Old Lomax has done me well but Trifold for daily use has gotten annoying and latches need some work. Thought the canister size would be a deal breaker but I also use to haul a Milwaukee box that wasn’t exactly small, downsized to a Rigid box so I make up some bedspace.

Also got realigned at Pepboys after I removed Readylift strut spacers. Quick 10 mins of work there. Long story short…some words was said when it came checkout time. Lifetime alignment ftw. Got bs about the alignment being voided if lifted unless they did work etc. I chuckled pointed out it was lifted prior. As well as my previous truck and lowered cars in the past never been brought up as an issue. Never used this location before typically I use the one right in town but its less busy here and I had something to do just up the road so it was convenient. Also used several out of state for the same thing never once has it ever been an issue.

Not that there are any close, but I will never use Pep Boys for alignments again. Took my 00 Dakota in to one for an alignment before making a cross country drive. After three hours in the rack, they said it was done. Got in after paying and the steering wheel was crooked. Turned around and went back inside. The alignment guy complained about how hard it was to align them, jumped in truck, drove it across parking lot, out it back on rack, adjusted tie rods by eye, didn't hook sensors back up, drive through parking lot again, said it was good and ha ded me the keys. Yesz steering wheel was now straight, and it tracked straight. Got it back home to Nebraska and had it checked again, and it was bad and needed adjusted.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never personally had an issue with them the one in town is usually my go for oil change/alignment when I’m in town. Part of the reason the GM their is a friend of a friend etc so they always treat me good and the location is super convenient where I can drop it off.. walk 5 mins up the road and go to the gym get my workout in while the work is done but usually they’re pretty busy. Even a bunch I used out of town when I’m working and can’t wait till I come home never had an issue.

Scratch that they can’t balance for sh*t that I stick with Discount Tire

i had that gut filling just from looking at the tech right before checkout time had my headphones in I could hear him talk under his breath about the lift etc. so I was already expecting some bs come payment time. Keep in mind we talking Bilsteins set at clip 5 (1.7”). Of course I know better to say anything about the lifetime prior to checkout time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread