5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Added tail light tint from blacked out. The product was fine, but I’m not sure if I like it. Or how I would even get it off if I don’t. Lol
View attachment 150780 View attachment 150781
I wish some company came out the a tint kit the exact opposite of this, where the red parts are tinted and the clear parts are left clear. I’d buy it in a heartbeat! Yours still looks great but I’ve just always wanted to keep the clears on my truck

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I would recommend this place for the taillight and turn signal tint film. Fellow 5th gen owner. Not a large company. It's here I got mine from

I checked this out in hopes he would have a tint kit that I’m looking for, but instead I saw this absolutely horrible application being used as the advertising photos 😂 that would be ripped off my truck in a heartbeat lol

Attachments

• 39ABBEB5-5D10-4344-A676-D1B15E9186E5.jpeg
    39ABBEB5-5D10-4344-A676-D1B15E9186E5.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 110

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I checked this out in hopes he would have a tint kit that I’m looking for, but instead I saw this absolutely horrible application being used as the advertising photos 😂 that would be ripped off my truck in a heartbeat lol
Yeah not sure why he has those pics up. He has plenty of pictures of my taillights with same tint that doesn't look like a toddler installed them

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish some company came out the a tint kit the exact opposite of this, where the red parts are tinted and the clear parts are left clear. I’d buy it in a heartbeat! Yours still looks great but I’ve just always wanted to keep the clears on my truck
The issue with that is the contours of the taillights

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lamin-x has one that cover the whole light except the sensor portion. You could probably use that & trim back the portion that covers the clear to get the desired effect!

Ruger

Reaction score
Just finished installing EGR pocket fender flares PART#792955. The wife walked out and said “they look great but makes the wheels look small” 😂🤪😂. My plan worked perfect…….lol time to accessorize…. Leveling kit, new UCA, wheels and tires
😁👍

Attachments

• 1528E4C5-6183-4F00-AE3C-3881B664538C.jpeg
    1528E4C5-6183-4F00-AE3C-3881B664538C.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DCDD26A8-90B8-4147-BA94-CDDD23A691E2.jpeg
    DCDD26A8-90B8-4147-BA94-CDDD23A691E2.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 141
  • A318CBC1-C02F-46D8-B0CC-3C637E50B22D.jpeg
    A318CBC1-C02F-46D8-B0CC-3C637E50B22D.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 142

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why I like my white night. Those little bits of chrome and white, lenses and lug nuts, just kinda blend in. On a dark night, it would drive me crazy too.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Friday - stopped by Discount Tires.. ordered tires was able to price match Walmart and saved quite a but thankfully. Damn inflation making these prices ridiculous. Ordered and came in a few hours.

Saturday - front end lifted with Readylifts 2” kit w/ Bilstein 5100 set at stock clip. Wanted to keep some rake since I keep a jobbox in the back. Suspension maxx endlinks on order.

Today- Limited steering wheel installed that I had sitting in the box for awhile now. Love the minor difference between the stock Laramie wheel.

9eeef100f3bff5b1eb082681b17a8ea3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Today I made brackets to replace the factory ones. Those plates that sell don't work, I'm an engineer and I'm telling you exactly that. Do not pay attention to the protruding part, it will be bent and an arc will stand on it.
What is this for?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost at 30,000 miles so I ordered some goodies for the truck. nothing sexy but good stuff.

1. Engine Oil (Motul)
  2. Mopar Oil & Diesel fuel filter
  3. Mopar Air Filter
  4. Mopar cabin air filter
  5. Ravenol Transfer Case Fluid BW44
  6. Ravenol Gear Oil SLS 75W-140 GL-5 (3.92 rear Dif)
  7. Ravenol Gear Oil DGL 75w85 GL-5 (front dif)
I haven't checked the dif / transfer case fluid fill levels yet and I figure with quite a bit of towing in the great white north, it's cheap insurance to just replace the fluids. I'll end up doing the ZF Transmission fluid at 50,000 miles.

Photo of the truck taken yesterday:
yAZZJrS.jpeg

Today was the day. It took me 5 hours to do all of this maintenance:

1. Engine Oil
2. Engine Oil Filter
3. engine air filter
4. Cabin air filter
5. Front Dif
6. Rear Dif
7. Transfer Case
8. Topped up coolant (OEM)
9. Diesel Fuel filter
10. Also replaced the brake fluid in my engine brake reservoir (with syringe), it was a little brown. I will flush the brake fluid in a month or two but just couldn't get to it today.

FuJadQv.jpg
lOZIxkb.jpg
8XMC22g.jpg

YAywcQW_d.webp

2019Raven

Reaction score
interested more in that radio mount/wiring! I have the Bulletproof mount....curious how you did it and the antenna.
How I did mine was to run power from engine bay into the cab via the door. It is a temp run until I go thru the wiring harness. The power has Anderson Powerpole connectors that are plugged into a West Mountain Radio Rigrunner 4005 DC power distribution panel which is located under the drivers seat.
I ran another set of wires from the rigrunner to the main radio which is located under the driver side rear seat. I tucked these wires under the door molding.
I separated the head unit from the radio body and ran the wire behind the UConnect radio, tucked under the center console and under the rear carpet mats to the main radio body.
To help keep the radio cool I used some old wood scraps to set the radio up just a bit.
I ran a separate speaker to the center console again under the rear carpet mats.
For the antenna, I currently have a Compactenna on a mag mount. The antenna is run thru the door. I have coming a Comet lip mount that I will attach to the rear door and mount the antenna on that. My last lip mount lasted over 10 years and is actually still going but not the right connector for the current antenna.

Users who are viewing this thread