5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked this out in hopes he would have a tint kit that I’m looking for, but instead I saw this absolutely horrible application being used as the advertising photos 😂 that would be ripped off my truck in a heartbeat lol
just a thought but you can remove the tail lights mask off the areas you do not want tinted and use VHT tint. would give you the results you mentioned.

or if youre good with wrap you can wrap the lights and cut out the areas you want clear as well

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not today but this weekend.
Friday:
Installed Mountain Hatch and within 30 seconds of completion my friends were putting food on it already
thumbnail_IMG_3364.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-03 at 11.16.11 PM.jpeg
Then also measured the spacing between bed support bracket and the bed shell per SDHQ's instruction. I wanted to see if the TRX bed support bracket will fit but looks like a no go.
thumbnail_IMG_3362.jpg
Also pulled my front bumper to install BD LP6 on Dark Dune brackets. I followed the first video I found which told me to take off the "cheeks" under the headlights, and I struggled with that for a good 45 minutes. Eventually I gave up, and figured there has to be another way to do this, and found instruction on how to remove bumper without touching the "cheeks." If I didn't waste my time following the wrong video I'd be able to finish this in less than 30 minutes.

Saturday:
First wash since beginning of November.

thumbnail_IMG_3367.jpg
Weather has been bad for where I am so I didn't wash it at all. It's either sunny and I'm working on the truck, sunny and I'm out playing in the desert with the truck, or raining and nothing can be done.
Since I RAM through a few mud pools by accident, I sprayed the underside to get rid of whatever is caked on.
thumbnail_IMG_3366.jpg
Then I put some stickers
thumbnail_IMG_3370.jpg
and took some photos

thumbnail_IMG_3369.jpg

Sunday:
I removed the 5 years old legends on my switch-pros and changed them to what I currently have.
thumbnail_IMG_3371.jpg
Then I checked my catch can.
thumbnail_IMG_3372.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3374.jpg

Handycraftman

Reaction score
What is this for?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
To install the cargo compartment cover and not to lose its design feature. Most covers are not compatible with MFT. I rode pickup trucks and watched the body panels crack, I was very happy with the brackets that were installed by the manufacturer, but I need to install the cover.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's how I did mine:
1. I started with running power and ground to the cab since I am using a fuse block w/ ground.
2. I also ran the antenna wire from the cab to the engine bay
3. Both can be ran through the rubber boot on the firewall. You do need to cut the boot slight larger to let everything through easily. It will be extremely helpful if you have a piece of thinner wire or something to fish through first, zip tie/ e-tape the wires you want to fish through the boot to the thinner wire. Apply some lubricant (WD-40 works just fine) and pull.
4. Now you have power and ground in the cab, and the antenna going to the engine bay, it's time to pull your head unit.
5. Drill a hole under the pen tray to feed the CAT cable for the radio display, and tuck everything under the floor console in the middle. Instead of going under the carpet like I do on customers' rigs, I just hide them under the all weather floor mat.
6. Using another CAT cable as an extension for the mic, do the same thing as step 5.
7. Reinstall the head unit, and you're good on the inside.
8. Install antenna to the mount of your choice. I don't recommend lip mount because I've seen lip mounts fail and damage the hood or whichever lip you're mounting it to. My recommendation is to use an extension and mount it on your ditch light bracket. If no ditch light... then lip mount or magnet mount.
9. Connect everything, and test. I also recommend plugging a 3.5mm speaker to your radio so you can hear better.
10. Sit back, relax, and pat yourself on the back for saving your money not paying half day's labor for this. View attachment 150802
You see 4 wires going through the gromet here. Power and ground for the fuse block w/ ground.
Smooth wire is the antenna wire
The one right above power and ground is my switch-pros controller wire.
View attachment 150803
Custom made wood bracket, color matched because I ran out of black paint
I am running a fuse block w/ ground here because I am also hardwiring a fridge.
View attachment 150805
View attachment 150806
View attachment 150807
There is a hole next to the charging port but you can't see it.

View attachment 150808
Ditch light bracket from SDHQ
Ditch light extension from Rago Fabrication.
View attachment 150809
And once you put the seat down you can't even see it's there.
Really great install. What dash mount is that? I like it better than the Bulletproof one. It seems bigger

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
just a thought but you can remove the tail lights mask off the areas you do not want tinted and use VHT tint. would give you the results you mentioned.

or if youre good with wrap you can wrap the lights and cut out the areas you want clear as well
The VHT spray would for sure be my preferred method but I really don’t want the lights too dark and with the spray it’s kinda tricky keeping it light because if you go light it looks like a misting of paint. You kinda need to go pretty heavy or do lots of coats to smooth out the finish & then you’re left with really dark tails 😕

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish some company came out the a tint kit the exact opposite of this, where the red parts are tinted and the clear parts are left clear. I’d buy it in a heartbeat! Yours still looks great but I’ve just always wanted to keep the clears on my truck
Ive seen several sets that are similar to the look you’ve described and I really like it as well. Not a pre made tint kit, but TwoThree Designs has posted a few on their IG page done up with some paint work that I think turned out great.

Attachments

• 4FD13ACE-90CB-4FFD-A38E-8A14667F689D.jpeg
    4FD13ACE-90CB-4FFD-A38E-8A14667F689D.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I ended up cleaning the interior of the Ram as between the dogs and kids, somehow a mocha cookie crumble drink thing ended up all over me, the headliner, between my front seats, uhmm well basically everywhere :ROFLMAO:

So that was a fun afternoon, then after my interior was nice a tidy, the family voted to go on a nature hike...so now its full of dust...ugh.

raygun9

Reaction score
Ive seen several sets that are similar to the look you’ve described and I really like it as well. Not a pre made tint kit, but TwoThree Designs has posted a few on their IG page done up with some paint work that I think turned out great.
This is amazing, just what Ive been looking for.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the other spacer in and aired the bags up. It lifted the truck 1". Pretty sure it didn't lift any with no load and that much air before, so maybe they'll help with squat now.
20230206_114813.jpg

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the other spacer in and aired the bags up. It lifted the truck 1". Pretty sure it didn't lift any with no load and that much air before, so maybe they'll help with squat now.
View attachment 150927
Did you turn some plastic pucks? I hope those weren't 3D printed? Definitely interested in this myself.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yes! That’s what I want just not as dark!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Install the skeerdy cat catalytic converter anti theft skid plate. I think it will do the job,

nice video
wish someone with a 2 wheel drive would do a video
do you have to take the skeerdy cat plate off to do oil changes?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice video
wish someone with a 2 wheel drive would do a video
do you have to take the skeerdy cat plate off to do oil changes?
There is access so no need to remove it .
I am actually due for an oil change and i also have to do the tail gate recall so will see if the dealer makes a big deal about the plate being too restrictive
I am also going to order the fumoto valve so i will have it on hand and i am prepare to do the oil change myself in case dealer refuses to service the truck due to the skid plate.
Also here is a pic of the updated design for trucks that come with factory skid plates.

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_082644.jpg
    IMG_20230204_082644.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 61

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The VHT spray would for sure be my preferred method but I really don’t want the lights too dark and with the spray it’s kinda tricky keeping it light because if you go light it looks like a misting of paint. You kinda need to go pretty heavy or do lots of coats to smooth out the finish & then you’re left with really dark tails 😕
I had mine painted by a professional who offers a light and dark tint.

Users who are viewing this thread