5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would recommend this place for the taillight and turn signal tint film. Fellow 5th gen owner. Not a large company. It's here I got mine from

2019Raven

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my FT-8900 with a Compactenna and blue LED footwell lights. Got a Blackvue DR750X-2CH front and rear camera’s coming that I hope to install next weekend. Also, have a lip mount for the Compactenna as I don’t really like the mag mount sitting on my roof.
CB01D8F6-5ADD-457C-90DE-36C9D5843EE6.jpeg
128CCFFC-A3DA-472E-9032-5C6AB817D6E7.jpeg

Brunzca

Reaction score
I would recommend this place for the taillight and turn signal tint film. Fellow 5th gen owner. Not a large company. It's here I got mine from

mine as well

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my FT-8900 with a Compactenna and blue LED footwell lights. Got a Blackvue DR750X-2CH front and rear camera’s coming that I hope to install next weekend. Also, have a lip mount for the Compactenna as I don’t really like the mag mount sitting on my roof.
View attachment 150799
View attachment 150800
interested more in that radio mount/wiring! I have the Bulletproof mount....curious how you did it and the antenna.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interested more in that radio mount/wiring! I have the Bulletproof mount....curious how you did it and the antenna.
Here's how I did mine:
1. I started with running power and ground to the cab since I am using a fuse block w/ ground.
2. I also ran the antenna wire from the cab to the engine bay
3. Both can be ran through the rubber boot on the firewall. You do need to cut the boot slight larger to let everything through easily. It will be extremely helpful if you have a piece of thinner wire or something to fish through first, zip tie/ e-tape the wires you want to fish through the boot to the thinner wire. Apply some lubricant (WD-40 works just fine) and pull.
4. Now you have power and ground in the cab, and the antenna going to the engine bay, it's time to pull your head unit.
5. Drill a hole under the pen tray to feed the CAT cable for the radio display, and tuck everything under the floor console in the middle. Instead of going under the carpet like I do on customers' rigs, I just hide them under the all weather floor mat.
6. Using another CAT cable as an extension for the mic, do the same thing as step 5.
7. Reinstall the head unit, and you're good on the inside.
8. Install antenna to the mount of your choice. I don't recommend lip mount because I've seen lip mounts fail and damage the hood or whichever lip you're mounting it to. My recommendation is to use an extension and mount it on your ditch light bracket. If no ditch light... then lip mount or magnet mount.
9. Connect everything, and test. I also recommend plugging a 3.5mm speaker to your radio so you can hear better.
10. Sit back, relax, and pat yourself on the back for saving your money not paying half day's labor for this. IMG_2827.jpg
You see 4 wires going through the gromet here. Power and ground for the fuse block w/ ground.
Smooth wire is the antenna wire
The one right above power and ground is my switch-pros controller wire.
5F23AF80-9CD6-444E-80EF-1A657EEE0A34.JPG
Custom made wood bracket, color matched because I ran out of black paint
I am running a fuse block w/ ground here because I am also hardwiring a fridge.
thumbnail_IMG_2845.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2849.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2851.jpg
There is a hole next to the charging port but you can't see it.

thumbnail_IMG_2907.jpg
Ditch light bracket from SDHQ
Ditch light extension from Rago Fabrication.
CACD3B5F-7F5A-46E9-ACAB-3921B12F158C.JPG
And once you put the seat down you can't even see it's there.

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's how I did mine:
1. I started with running power and ground to the cab since I am using a fuse block w/ ground.
2. I also ran the antenna wire from the cab to the engine bay
3. Both can be ran through the rubber boot on the firewall. You do need to cut the boot slight larger to let everything through easily. It will be extremely helpful if you have a piece of thinner wire or something to fish through first, zip tie/ e-tape the wires you want to fish through the boot to the thinner wire. Apply some lubricant (WD-40 works just fine) and pull.
4. Now you have power and ground in the cab, and the antenna going to the engine bay, it's time to pull your head unit.
5. Drill a hole under the pen tray to feed the CAT cable for the radio display, and tuck everything under the floor console in the middle. Instead of going under the carpet like I do on customers' rigs, I just hide them under the all weather floor mat.
6. Using another CAT cable as an extension for the mic, do the same thing as step 5.
7. Reinstall the head unit, and you're good on the inside.
8. Install antenna to the mount of your choice. I don't recommend lip mount because I've seen lip mounts fail and damage the hood or whichever lip you're mounting it to. My recommendation is to use an extension and mount it on your ditch light bracket. If no ditch light... then lip mount or magnet mount.
9. Connect everything, and test. I also recommend plugging a 3.5mm speaker to your radio so you can hear better.
10. Sit back, relax, and pat yourself on the back for saving your money not paying half day's labor for this. View attachment 150802
You see 4 wires going through the gromet here. Power and ground for the fuse block w/ ground.
Smooth wire is the antenna wire
The one right above power and ground is my switch-pros controller wire.
View attachment 150803
Custom made wood bracket, color matched because I ran out of black paint
I am running a fuse block w/ ground here because I am also hardwiring a fridge.
View attachment 150805
View attachment 150806
View attachment 150807
There is a hole next to the charging port but you can't see it.

View attachment 150808
Ditch light bracket from SDHQ
Ditch light extension from Rago Fabrication.
View attachment 150809
And once you put the seat down you can't even see it's there.
Nicely done. Thanks!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did, I'm not one of those people that just accept poor or improper service. We'll be here till this time tomorrow if it's not fixed.

Can't wait for them to ask me for a review.
Do not use Frisco Dodge service
I always used Huffines in Lewisville when I lived over there and they were great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/