5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn’t physically do anything today but I did photoshop some desert style bumpers & 38” Toyos on 18” KMCs. The wheels & tires are something I plan on pulling the trigger on in the future because they’ll fit with my lift, but still undecided on the bumpers! Oh and the side exit exhaust lol. Only time will tell🤔 but I like making these visuals. View attachment 147718
IMO your current set up wins the look dept, if you can do those's 18's in black its a diffent story

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this but was wondering if it would work with those rails that I also have. Now you have inspired me to do this. Any tips on making those holes In the carpet?

I did the entire install (after removing the rails) to get everything lined up where it should go. Then, before installing the Velcro on the upper part on the sides, I felt for the rivet nuts in the bed and poked holes in the carpet for the bolts to go through. I started with a small pic that would fit in the hole, then I pulled down the side enough to use a grommet punch to make the hole larger. It‘s a pretty easy install, just take your time. Make sure to thoroughly clean the Velcro mounting areas with isopropyl alcohol. I just took a bottle of it and a microfiber towel out to the truck before I started.

Last edited:

Sherran

Reaction score
just the way i bought it off the lot….
I asked because I noticed you have the correct tail lights but not the correct headlights for your trim. All Laramies come with LED headlights and just to upgrade them properly with OEM fixtures is around $1,200.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I asked because I noticed you have the correct tail lights but not the correct headlights for your trim. All Laramies come with LED headlights and just to upgrade them properly with OEM fixtures is around $1,200.

As of 2022, the Laramie has a Front Lighting Value Package that deletes the LED headlights and saves $495.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of 2022, the Laramie has a Front Lighting Value Package that deletes the LED headlights and saves $495.
Not worth it IMHO. Aftermarket LED headlights cost way more than that. I love my LED headlights, but would have preferred projectors instead of the reflectors.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Not worth it IMHO. Aftermarket LED headlights cost way more than that. I love my LED headlights, but would have preferred projectors instead of the reflectors.

I agree, but it sounds like his dealer ordered it that way.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick one up. I have the spray-in which is nice, but rough on the old knees.

I have the factory spray in liner as well, but wanted to upgrade to the BedRug. The impact liner is easier on the knees if you are wearing pants, but it is textured and will wear out the skin on your knees if you are wearing shorts. They also have an additional kit for trucks with a spray in liner. It comes with some extra Velcro and adhesion promoter.

Dewey

Reaction score
I have the factory spray in liner as well, but wanted to upgrade to the BedRug. The impact liner is easier on the knees if you are wearing pants, but it is textured and will wear out the skin on your knees if you are wearing shorts. They also have an additional kit for trucks with a spray in liner. It comes with some extra Velcro and adhesion promoter.
I have the BedRug XLT and put over my factory spray in liner. The velcro has been holding just fine with the promoter. Glad I put it in as it’s so much easier on the knees climbing back there and works great to prevent items from sliding around.

My buddy sure approves of it.
BDF71EB7-69DD-4E81-A173-439E45410281.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread