5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My entire body aches. Two days of detail and that doesn’t even include the interior. I‘ll be doing that tomorrow.

Power wash (rinse) to remove dirt and other debris
Foam Cannon to help loosen remaining dirt and debris (Adam’s Mega Foam)
Power wash (rinse) again to remove foam and loosened debris
Hand wash wheels and tires (microfiber towel with Chemical Guys Clean Slate - brush for tires)
Bug and Grime Removal (Schaefer’s Citrol) then rinse
Hand wash paint (two bucket method and microfiber mitt with Chemical Guys Clean Slate)
Clay Bar paint and all exterior glass (Chemical Guys OG bar and Clay Luber)
Polish (Sonax Perfect Finish with Rupes Fine Polishing Pad)
IPA Wipe Down (CarPro Eraser)
Ceramic Coating paint and wheels (Avalon King Armor Shield)
Clean Glass (Invisible Glass)
Tire and Trim Treatment (Chemical Guys VRP)

I have XPEL PPF on the front bumper, grill, front fenders, mirrors, headlights, cowl below headlights and full hood. So, can‘t run polisher on it but still did clay bar, IPA wipe and ceramic coating. My washes from now on will probably be done with CarPro Reset since it is safe for coatings. The Clean Slate is a wash used to aid in removing waxes and other coatings.

I forgot to post a while back, but I had installed and Air Designs tailgate spoiler and I really like the way it looks.

4525D903-BBA1-4E48-8348-5A3B7821476B.jpeg 2B3ACBF6-095C-4F88-8B1C-3B5FC60817D5.jpeg 2F956070-7F05-49C2-B819-7D4D6C4203D0.jpeg 17503998-B20D-40E9-8EF8-8FE44C5040A3.jpeg 4ADBE107-30C8-4C07-A715-F9E511C3C6DD.jpeg

Last edited:

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My entire body aches. Two days of detail and that doesn’t even include the interior. I‘ll be doing that tomorrow.

Hand wash wheels and tires (microfiber towel with Chemical Guys Clean Slate - brush for tires)
Hand wash paint (two bucket method and microfiber mitt with Chemical Guys Clean Slate)
Bug and Grime Removal (Schaefer’s Citrol)
Ceramic Coating paint and wheels (Armor Shield)

I have XPEL PPF on the front bumper, grill, front fenders, mirrors, headlights, cowl below headlights and full hood. So, can‘t run polisher on it but still did clay bar, IPA wipe and ceramic coating. My washes from now on will probably be done with CarPro Reset since it is safe for coatings. The Clean Slate is a wash used to aid in removing waxes and other coatings.

View attachment 147748 View attachment 147749 View attachment 147750 View attachment 147751 View attachment 147752
beautiful truck..

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 147748 View attachment 147749 View attachment 147750 View attachment 147751 View attachment 147752
I admire the amount of dedication you put into your truck, but no way I’d personally do that. I’d rather pay and spend my time doing other things...
Like my wife’s ”To Do” BOOK - 2nd edition. LOL

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick one up. I have the spray-in which is nice, but rough on the old knees.

I agree that spray in liners could be rough on your knees, but why would you crawl around in the bed of your truck? If you have a topper, I understand.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I admire the amount of dedication you put into your truck, but no way I’d personally do that. I’d rather pay and spend my time doing other things...
Like my wife’s ”To Do” BOOK - 2nd edition. LOL

Well, the application of the ceramic coating is supposed to make future washing much easier and take less time, for a while at least. It’s just the prep work required to do the ceramic coating is a killer. Hopefully, I won’t have to do all of that again for a couple of years. Plus, the cost can be $1500 or more, so I’ll just do it myself. As far as the “To Do Book”, it is never ending and will always be there. So, we have to enjoy ourselves a little and do our own “To Do Book” sometimes.

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that spray in liners could be rough on your knees, but why would you crawl around in the bed of your truck? If you have a topper, I understand.
It’s rare, but when it happens, the padding of the Impact and XLT liners is nice. And, it’s approved by Dewey’s buddy, so what else do you need?

Last edited:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also don't like my stuff sliding around and it sounds like this would stop that.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Power wash (rinse) again to remove foam and loosened debris

I forgot to post a while back, but I had installed and Air Designs tailgate spoiler and I really like the way it looks.

Wow! Your truck looks sweeeeet! Love the long bed lowered! I saw you have the CRM bags from Timber Grove, how do you like them? I’ve never been able to talk to anyone that had them installed so I’d love some feedback on things like ride quality, how much height adjustment they allow, if you can “dump” the air out of the bags and lower the truck for easier unloading/loading or camping, and any other pros and cons you’ve noticed! Thanks!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
IMO your current set up wins the look dept, if you can do those's 18's in black its a diffent story
Ehh…I’d still consider black wheels but I’ve wanted polished 18s for a while now! We’ll see!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! Your truck looks sweeeeet! Love the long bed lowered! I saw you have the CRM bags from Timber Grove, how do you like them? I’ve never been able to talk to anyone that had them installed so I’d love some feedback on things like ride quality, how much height adjustment they allow, if you can “dump” the air out of the bags and lower the truck for easier unloading/loading or camping, and any other pros and cons you’ve noticed! Thanks!

He also has a dedicated build thread which is really cool to check out!

HemiDude

Reaction score
This is the last year Ram did the rugged brown pearlcoat. In the sun it looks amazing, other times when darker looks almost black. Pearlcoat of this color is so different, as well as the color. Kinda, a you like it or ya hate it color...but I definitely haven't seen any. But there is a rbpc( rugged Brown pearcoat) forum.
Yeah that's a great color

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It’s funny you mention that the 6’ 4” bed is “long”. This used to be the standard bed and the 5‘ was short and the 8’ was long. Nowadays, the 6’ 4” bed is considered long because the 8’ bed all but disappeared. Of course the 4 door trucks had a lot to do with that. As far as the Timber Grove CRM’s, I really like them and the ride is a little stiffer than stock, but not bad. I’m using the auto level system with on-board air and I’m still a little torn on it. Because my truck is lowered, there is not much movement from frame to control arm. So, the valve arms don’t always move enough to raise the truck back up. You can read my build page. There is way too much info to go over here. Steven at Timber Grove has been working with me on a solution. We may have it figured out but I’m still doing some tweaking. You can get the bags and just manually air them up when you need to. But, with a driver and full gas tank (drivers side) you will need more air on the drivers side to level it. This would be a much cheaper route. You can dump if you buy the parts to do so. My tuck sits low enough that loading isn’t an issue, but stock ride height or higher would definitely benefit from the dump. Basically, it will drop the frame bump stops on the axle.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn’t physically do anything today but I did photoshop some desert style bumpers & 38” Toyos on 18” KMCs. The wheels & tires are something I plan on pulling the trigger on in the future because they’ll fit with my lift, but still undecided on the bumpers! Oh and the side exit exhaust lol. Only time will tell🤔 but I like making these visuals. View attachment 147718

I would love a rear bumper like that, but man I'm nervous about doing a dovetail on my truck (that's pretty damn permanent lol)
Ehh…I’d still consider black wheels but I’ve wanted polished 18s for a while now! We’ll see!

I love real polished wheels, buffing them up is a pain but so satisfying and they look so damn good when they are taken care of correctly!

Users who are viewing this thread