5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Maybe not, but Wilwood does for just a little pocket change.

Cheese and Rice!!! That’s higher than giraffe p*ssy!

choo_31

Reaction score
How come you (and a ton of other people) get caliper covers instead of just painting the calipers? I’m genuinely curious, because I simply painted my calipers instead of going thru the process of buying covers, sanding them, baking them, etc. I just sprayed on VHT high temp paint, waited for it to dry, then just drove it like normal and it cured from the heat of the brakes. Is there any sort of advantage for caliper covers? If anything I’d assume they trap in a little heat, no? Thanks View attachment 145868
All personal preference to be honest. I prefer the look with these caliper covers that have the small details on them opposed to painting the stock ones. There are some caliper covers that look cheap, but I don’t feel the rough country ones look cheap.
As for heat, the back of these covers are open, I don’t see it holding in much heat. I drove around a good bit yesterday after installing and the covers weren’t too hot to touch.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe not, but Wilwood does for just a little pocket change.

The problem is I only think they make front ones

Maleton3

Reaction score
I Installed the AWE 0FG Exhaust!

Quite the undertaking considering I have no ramps, and no lift. I have the Air Suspension however so I set it into OR2 mode, grabbed my brother and some power tools and set off on the install. You for sure need an Impact Wrench, Exhaust Hangar Pliers, Reciprocating Saw (and some nice Diablo Steel Demon blades) and a second person.

It's a pretty physical install, and took me around 3.5 - 4 hours to do with most of that time being removing the OEM Exhaust and reading the instructions since I've never changed an exhaust before. You have to get everything out of the hangars which was extremely difficult. Even with Hangar pliers it required pretty significant force to remove the exhaust from the hangars. You then have to cut the stock exhaust on the drivers side after the Y pipe so you can get it out. Needless to say, I am feeling sore today! After that, AWE has made install of their system as simple as it can be. Great quality, and imo a must do mod for anyone with the HEMI. It brings that V8 to life. I honestly think this exhaust sounds as good or better than a TRX.

Exhaust has zero drone, sounds loud and mean when you cold start or accelerate, but in the cabin when you're cruising it is not annoying or intrudes on the cabin sound. It is always a little louder than the stock system inside but that's to be expected (especially without any music, etc), and during cruising it was essentially silent even with no music on. Any sound and you would not hear it much unless you're accelerating.

Here's the link obligatory video, but I will say that no video can do justice to the sound in person. You can feel the rumble in your nose and eyes IRL :ROFLMAO:

Video Link

If anyone has any questions about the install or exhaust, let me know! Happy to use my experience to make others install easier!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
All personal preference to be honest. I prefer the look with these caliper covers that have the small details on them opposed to painting the stock ones. There are some caliper covers that look cheap, but I don’t feel the rough country ones look cheap.
As for heat, the back of these covers are open, I don’t see it holding in much heat. I drove around a good bit yesterday after installing and the covers weren’t too hot to touch.
Gotcha! Yeah these ones don’t look as cheap as the MGP covers, those look like children’s toys hahaha

GraniteRam

Reaction score

Quite the undertaking considering I have no ramps, and no lift. I have the Air Suspension however so I set it into OR2 mode, grabbed my brother and some power tools and set off on the install. You for sure need an Impact Wrench, Exhaust Hangar Pliers, Reciprocating Saw (and some nice Diablo Steel Demon blades) and a second person.

It's a pretty physical install, and took me around 3.5 - 4 hours to do with most of that time being removing the OEM Exhaust and reading the instructions since I've never changed an exhaust before. You have to get everything out of the hangars which was extremely difficult. Even with Hangar pliers it required pretty significant force to remove the exhaust from the hangars. You then have to cut the stock exhaust on the drivers side after the Y pipe so you can get it out. Needless to say, I am feeling sore today! After that, AWE has made install of their system as simple as it can be. Great quality, and imo a must do mod for anyone with the HEMI. It brings that V8 to life. I honestly think this exhaust sounds as good or better than a TRX.

Exhaust has zero drone, sounds loud and mean when you cold start or accelerate, but in the cabin when you're cruising it is not annoying or intrudes on the cabin sound. It is always a little louder than the stock system inside but that's to be expected (especially without any music, etc), and during cruising it was essentially silent even with no music on. Any sound and you would not hear it much unless you're accelerating.

Here's the link obligatory video, but I will say that no video can do justice to the sound in person. You can feel the rumble in your nose and eyes IRL :ROFLMAO:

Video Link

If anyone has any questions about the install or exhaust, let me know! Happy to use my experience to make others install easier!
How long it take you to get yours?

Maleton3

Reaction score
How long it take you to get yours?
Originally I tried buying off of RealTruck, after 3 weeks it still wasn't shipped and kept getting moved to a ship date well into January so I cancelled and reached out to AWE which quoted around 3-4 Weeks for Chrome Tips. I decided to check out RedLine 360 and they had multiple units in stock, ready to ship so I bought from them and got the exhaust around 4 days later for about ~100 less than RealTruck was charging too. Definitely recommend purchasing from them if you want the exhaust quickly!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Video Link

WD-40 is your best friend on the exhaust hangers. I can get them off by hand with a little effort. The hanger behind muffler is easier to unbolt and lower with the muffler and remove from old muffler and install in new out from under the truck.

It is very possible to remove factory exhaust without cutting, but I'd definitely want jack stand or a lift. I've done three Borla ATAK installs and only cut the factory exhaust on one of them

Ive also done all three installs by myself.

deanno33

Reaction score
Built a structure that allows me to put the topper on and take it off by myself. Back into rack, jump into bed of truck, stand up with topper, walk to tailgate and set it on the plywood platform. Off now until hunting season next fall!

Attachments

• 20221210_152144.jpg
    20221210_152144.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20221211_140345.jpg
    20221211_140345.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 129

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From 22s to 18s what a difference or are those 17s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Video Link

oops too late but for anyone else looking to do exhaust mod, WD-40 is your friend when taking off the OE exhaust.
Be generous with it on the hangers, as well as the bolts and nuts if you have considerable amount of miles (or if the bolts just look f*cked up)

i've done numerous exhaust swaps on various platforms (mostly insurance jobs because stolen cats, sometimes because customers damage their pipes while not paying attention to the road or just straight up upgrades), i can tell you having a lift helps a lot with this process. I swear by WD-40 on those key areas.

You gotta lube it before you start that push/ pull action!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I washed mine. Big Whoop. Got to enjoy it for 1/2 hour and then it snowed.
Truck is just as dirty as it was before. I hate winter! I hate a dirty truck.
Did I mention that I HATE winter?
Don’t feel bad. I just cleaned my truck spotless and ceramic coated. Lasted about 1 hour. Driving down a back road I came flying over a blind hill and a farmer completely covered the road with mud and manure from his tractor after spreading $hit on a very muddy field. Truck looks like I went mud bogging and smells even worse than it looks. Good times🤬

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From 22s to 18s what a difference or are those 17s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They are 18s. It's a huge difference and makes it look much beefier. I wanted 17s, but from everything I read, they don't fit over the brakes. And after putting these on, I'm sure that's true.

RAMonkey

Reaction score
WD-40 is your best friend on the exhaust hangers. I can get them off by hand with a little effort. The hanger behind muffler is easier to unbolt and lower with the muffler and remove from old muffler and install in new out from under the truck.

It is very possible to remove factory exhaust without cutting, but I'd definitely want jack stand or a lift. I've done three Borla ATAK installs and only cut the factory exhaust on one of them

Ive also done all three installs by myself.
Yup. Didn’t need to cut mine, but it did take a little bit of contortioning and loosening all the clamps. Love my ATAK!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thumbnail_69256099713__A7F42A3B-4187-4384-A265-8DB1D4192A09.jpg thumbnail_69256095627__CAA4277F-928E-4762-A0D6-9E0F745CF113.jpg

well not on my truck yet but the missing links for the Fox 2.5 lifts are here. My fox has been sitting at the shop for almost a month already lol
if anyone wants Rebel stock suspension (front coilover, UCA, rear shock, rear springs, and rear end links) feel free to offer me a price. Only just under 1K miles on the stock parts.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Built a structure that allows me to put the topper on and take it off by myself. Back into rack, jump into bed of truck, stand up with topper, walk to tailgate and set it on the plywood platform. Off now until hunting season next fall!
Perfect!! (y)

Wrangling with a topper by yourself is no joke. :unsure:

Good Job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/