5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ram12375

Reaction score
Put on 34" ridge grapplers, black lug nuts and go rhino d6 side steps. I'm just waiting on eibach shocks to come in so I can level it.

Attachments

• 20221007_151937.jpg
    20221007_151937.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20221006_192144.jpg
    20221006_192144.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 20221006_192052.jpg
    20221006_192052.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 138

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Winter mode already? And what tips are those? I want 5" gloss black tips

I’m driving 1500 miles next week and the stock tires give me about 3mpg more. So I just switch a little early. But we have had snow on Halloween before.

And they are the carven 5in tips.

b5b871f430a3843df3dab0ccbed38491.jpg

125f6e597394fe5b1514197191be8869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m driving 1500 miles next week and the stock tires give me about 3mpg more. So I just switch a little early. But we have had snow on Halloween before.

And they are the carven 5in tips.

b5b871f430a3843df3dab0ccbed38491.jpg

125f6e597394fe5b1514197191be8869.jpg

Damn there’s that much of a difference between the two wheels?? Is it just the weight difference or width difference or something? That seems like a lot!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Width, weight, tread pattern I guess. This has been my average since I put them on the other day. I forgot how much quieter the stock tires are too. Although the truck rolls a bit more in the turns.
9bf85424e95518cabbf13f4fc7d39e04.png

jeep12joe

Reaction score

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you saying you can't imagine living in an area where a real a vehicle security system is necessary (as opposed to the factory alarm that can be defeated easily)?

Yeah, I was on the fence about it until I started researching how often 5th Gen Rams get stolen and how easy it is for thieves to disable the horn. See this video of thieves disabling the horn so you can't hear the factory alarm when it goes off.

My area of town is pretty nice, but 2 or 3 times in the 15 years we've been here, our neighbors have had incidents where people were sopping around their vehicles at night. I have to park my truck in the driveway since it won't fit in my garage. This is the most expensive vehilcle I've ever had so I wanted a little extra piece of mind knowing that my ride will always be there in the morning.

Move the horn and it's wires to a different area.

Wirerat

Reaction score
First long trip in the truck. It's great to travel with so much space for all 4 of us. No more complaints from my 16 year in the back seat.

Other than usual Atlanta traffic, the drive was great!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received Geno’s Garage fuel locking cap for my hotel stays & city trips - will be looking forward to the Cat Shield brand for the cats when they are finally available. Father in law picked up a camper that we can all use. We live on the same property - he has a 2021 Laramie (possible going for a 2500 soon), his son has a 20 Big Horn, & I picked up a 22 Limited this year. Will make for some good advertising when we all go on a family trip or park down here for our bonfires. 😆

Attachments

• 50E37BC5-52A9-4D65-AAB2-FB4531C3223F.jpeg
    50E37BC5-52A9-4D65-AAB2-FB4531C3223F.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
Nice-looking truck. Well done. That looks the APEC Spot-Free Rinse System. If so, how do yo like it? I've been eyeing this for my garage. How long do the filters last?

Its a CR Spotless DIC-20 modded with the DiRinse double down conversion.
Double Down-Tube Kit - D.I. Rinse Water System

I cannot wash this truck without it, we have hard water in Frisco and the truck would start to dry leaving water spots before I could get around to drying it. With this, I can rinse and let it air dry with no spots but with dark paint, its really a must especially when it hot out. I dont need to use it on my wifes XF or my Z06 as they are small enough that wash and dries go quick but this truck is just big.

I buy resin in bulk from DiRinse also Replacement DI Resin New mixed bed to deionize water for spot free car wash rinse.
Both cartridges are loaded with resin and I get about 10-15 washes from it before I start noticing that the resin is used up, the 40lb bag will last me about 3-4 cartridge refills (refilling both cartridges) so it last a while but that really depends on your water source.

20221008_125223.jpg

I've also added a bypass so I can pre-wash and wash without using the Di water and not disconnect the system to bypass it, this helps to extend the resins life since I'm only rinsing with it and not using it 100% of the time

Last edited:

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I ordered the Borla S-Type exhaust system and I adjusted the rear headrests. I have had back seat passengers state that the angle of the headrest is not fully comfortable when in the full upright position. So I took the headrest apart and bent the support rods. Now, the headrest sits about an inch further back than original. Now they are comfortable to rest on!
Old post I know but my rear headrest will no longer lock upright. How did you remove the fabric to expose the structural portion of the rest? Thanks.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

I cannot wash this truck without it, we have hard water in Frisco and the truck would start to dry leaving water spots before I could get around to drying it. With this, I can rinse and let it air dry with no spots but with dark paint, its really a must especially when it hot out. I do use it on my wifes XF or my Z06 as they are small enough that wash and dries go quick but this truck is just big.

I buy resin in bulk from DiRinse also Replacement DI Resin New mixed bed to deionize water for spot free car wash rinse.
Both cartridges are loaded with resin and I get about 10-15 washes from it before I start noticed that the resin is used up, the 40lb bag will last me about 3-4 cartridge refills so it last a while but that really depends on your water source.

View attachment 140605

I've also added a bypass so I can pre-wash and wash without using the Di water and not disconnect the system to bypass it, this helps to extend the resins life since I'm only rinsing with it and not using it 100% of the time
i also have hard water and use this, even in the sun no water spots

you all are working too hard
took spouse and i 20 minutes in the sun this morning still looks new

Attachments

• 2022 ram 1500 our truck upclose.jpeg
    2022 ram 1500 our truck upclose.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 59

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have a decent amount of stuff from Chemical Guys but haven’t seen this yet. They do have an overwhelming amount of products though. I’m low on my car shampoo so I will be trying this in the spring for sure, thanks for the share.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I haven't seen this before. How dirty can the truck be before using this? If it's super visibly dirty, do you have to wash conventionally first?

I'm on a few construction sites during the week and can get pretty dirty. Add in the dust storms coating everything with a fine brown layer of dust, I am concerned about accumlated dust adding in micro-scratches.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That might work if your truck never actually gets that dirty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I cannot wash this truck without it, we have hard water in Frisco and the truck would start to dry leaving water spots before I could get around to drying it. With this, I can rinse and let it air dry with no spots but with dark paint, its really a must especially when it hot out. I do use it on my wifes XF or my Z06 as they are small enough that wash and dries go quick but this truck is just big.

Both cartridges are loaded with resin and I get about 10-15 washes from it before I start noticed that the resin is used up, the 40lb bag will last me about 3-4 cartridge refills so it last a while but that really depends on your water source.

View attachment 140605

I use this in my garage. Have only used it a couple times, but works great. I will wash my truck with regular water and pressure washer. Then swap hoses on pressure washer and rinse with this. Have a Y-gate coming off spicket, and one of those collapsible hoses hooked to the DI filter so it stores easily and doesn't take up much space.
AQUATICLIFE Deionized Spot-Free Car Rinse Unit - Premium Water Deionizer for Car Washing - Spotless Car, RV, and Motorcycle Wash System https://a.co/d/dkoFEaa

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use this in my garage. Have only used it a couple times, but works great. I will wash my truck with regular water and pressure washer. Then swap hoses on pressure washer and rinse with this. Have a Y-gate coming off spicket, and one of those collapsible hoses hooked to the DI filter so it stores easily and doesn't take up much space.
AQUATICLIFE Deionized Spot-Free Car Rinse Unit - Premium Water Deionizer for Car Washing - Spotless Car, RV, and Motorcycle Wash System https://a.co/d/dkoFEaa
Nice-looking unit, like an RO system. I realize it depends on your water, but how many washes do you get from the cartridges before you have to change them?

Users who are viewing this thread