5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got around to hand washing my truck over the weekend. Looks good from a distance, not up close. Thanks to PennDot and their love of tarred and chipped roads. Didn't have time to remove all the tar, so that will be this week's project after work.

Last camping trip of the year coming up this weekend, then putting the camper away for fast approaching winter.

In my spare time, I've been shopping for tire replacements until my head spins. The adult in me says buy something reasonable and practical. The kid in me says to buy the nastiest 35's I can find. Decisions, decisions.

1664800718078.png
1664800748300.png

Kevinn

Reaction score
Installed a center console lock-box and dual 18" rear LED strips (running, brake, signals, and reverse lights)
mind if i ask what brand that was? curious about the cost. would love to have the additional locking space for a sidearm storage when i dont want to carry, but want a safer place to keep it.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
New Dueler Alenza tires installed, complete interior detail. Updated the Tazer, (love the new brake hold feature). Exterior wash tomorrow. Beautiful weather in Georgia the last week and next 10 days. Fall is here!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New Dueler Alenza tires installed, complete interior detail. Updated the Tazer, (love the new brake hold feature). Exterior wash tomorrow. Beautiful weather in Georgia the last week and next 10 days. Fall is here!
Sounds like I need to update my Tazer. But not sure there are steep enough hills here to need brake hold.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to update my Tazer. But not sure there are steep enough hills here to need brake hold.
It’s worth trying out even without hills. Just sitting at a stop light, you can relax and stretch your leg for a minute. I absolutely enjoy the feature. Except for the ding it makes when it engages (every stinking time).

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up truck from service. Dropped off last week Thursday, it will have to go back once part comes in.
Per the service write up, the following codes were thrown:
Actice code- C140A-19 Transfer case motor control over current.
Also had a stored code- C147B-92 Front axle disconnect sensor performance or incorrect operation.
Part on order is the transfer case motor control assembly.
Not sure if this is the part on national back order, but service said 10 days to recieve parts. Guess we'll see...
Truck is sick, for sure...i made it home, but for sure it feels not healthy right now.
When I jumped in at dealer, throttle felt super heavy, like truck was in 4WD. When I looked down at the shifter, it was on drive, but no lights telling me what it was in, 2wd, 4wd auto, etc. Pulled it around the back of the dealer, backed into their detailing stall, and popped it in park. Pressed 4hi, and it turned on the traction control. Then 4wd service light came on. Then it said to put in neutral to activate 4wd. After I put it in neutral and pressed 2wd, it finally popped into 2wd. I went back to the front of the dealership to test it, and it felt fine now, like I wasnt in 4wd, but the dash kept blinking service 4WD. Turned it off, restarted it, and it now stayed in 2WD. But service light still on. Drove it around again, was driving okay, but could tell it was sick.
Was gonna leave it, but dealer said no can because truck driveable...whatever, so I left, ran a couple of errands, then hauled *** home. Service light stayed off the whole way home, but I do not trust, especially right now with the rainy weather we have been experiencing.

Truck will now sit until the part comes in.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
It's good for stop lights too. Hold the brake for 2 seconds then release and the truck stays put. The dash brake light will blink until you press the gas pedal. Pretty smooth. You can also kill the horn honk you get when you leave the truck running and exit with the keys.

Last edited:

Wirerat

Reaction score
Is the brake hold limited to a certain trim or year? My ram has the auto emergency brake option.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the brake hold limited to a certain trim or year? My ram has the auto emergency brake option.
No, it should work with all DT models. Keep in mind, this is a Tazer DT function (not a Ram function).

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't even know what this was and had to go look it up. Pretty neat idea. Can't imagine living in a place it is necessary.

Me either. Unfortunately, some of us travel for work into city areas & hotel stays - heck, even going to sports games pose a threat. These losers are everywhere. 🙄 I still need to get mine installed.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Threw some Rough Country caliper covers on. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I felt the factory brakes were more than enough for my application and all it needed was some color.

Super happy with the overall look.

505d1c2b2e8a2216ef82e4cfdbb655a2.jpeg

9e4bc4083bbf486820ca4a0d5eb2c938.jpeg

Last edited:

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
No, it should work with all DT models. Keep in mind, this is a Tazer DT function (not a Ram function).
I read here on the forum, don't find the topic anymore so quickly, that the Tazer DT was not really fully working for the 2022 MY and that they needed to get rid of some bugs. Anyone here knows that it is working well in the meantime?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read here on the forum, don't find the topic anymore so quickly, that the Tazer DT was not really fully working for the 2022 MY and that they needed to get rid of some bugs. Anyone here knows that it is working well in the meantime?
Not all of the options work on the 2022's (with Uconnect5). I have a 2022 with the Tazer DT, and can confirm that AT LEAST the following live features work (haven't tried the others, and I don't use the Vehicle Settings that required it to be married):
  • Brake Hold
  • Kill3Honk
  • AmberDRL
  • AutoFold mirrors

Users who are viewing this thread