5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NewRamGuy22

Reaction score
It’s been a busy month for mods…..

View attachment 116117
Black lugnut covers for the night edition wheels…. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CHWGSZZ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_40HEZ13W2KBVWVTR9CFK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 116118
Lockerdown console safe…. Lock'er Down Security Products

View attachment 116119
Luxe auto taillight/mirror cap tint. Headlight & Taillight Vinyl | Tint Overlays - Luxe Auto Concepts

View attachment 116120
easy 50 HP add TRX starter/ignition button

View attachment 116121
Flowmaste direct fit muffler….

View attachment 116122
And lastly, BDS 4” lift with the fox shocks upgrade…. With some Toyo Open Country AT III 295/50 on my stock 22’s….
View attachment 116126

I think I’m done for a bit…. Now it’s time to just enjoy the truck…. 😉
Did you buy the 21-23mm size for the lug nut covers? Been looking for something since I got my truck and been annoyed with the silver lug nuts when the rest of the truck is blacked out. Mopar wants $20 a nut which is insane to get all black ones. I also have purchased the LUX taillight tint. Did you install those yourself? How difficult was it? Super nice truck btw!

Russell’61

Reaction score
Added a soft top for vacation, I know there maybe better ones out there, but this was my first and didn’t know how well I would like it
0f190541f9fc29be33956157d0a46a08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Did you buy the 21-23mm size for the lug nut covers? Been looking for something since I got my truck and been annoyed with the silver lug nuts when the rest of the truck is blacked out. Mopar wants $20 a nut which is insane to get all black ones. I also have purchased the LUX taillight tint. Did you install those yourself? How difficult was it? Super nice truck btw!
See my post: What did you do to your Ram today???

They just slide on.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just discovered you can lock the rear axle in 2wd. 😃👍

Yes, it was helpful.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I spent over an hour washing the outside of mine, cleaning the wheels and tires before using my foam cannon and brush, and using the bug and tar remover on a few spots…… all in time for it to rain that night. 😩

Hardy174

Reaction score
Just finished my lift and tires last week. Bilstein adjustables (5th clip) up front with new Bilstein rear coils and 1” rear Bilstein shocks. Upgraded to 275/65/20 KO2S. Truck ride is perfect.

Attachments

• C0AF8FD5-C93E-47C6-8910-AF708957E1C4.jpeg
    C0AF8FD5-C93E-47C6-8910-AF708957E1C4.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 110

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Yesterday I spent over an hour washing the outside of mine, cleaning the wheels and tires before using my foam cannon and brush, and using the bug and tar remover on a few spots…… all in time for it to rain that night. 😩
I feel your pain. Seems like every time I get a chance to wash it good, it rains.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I washed mine hoping it would rain... guess I should have left it outside?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forecast says sun for the 9 days, so I gave a her a quick bath.

Wasn't a proper cleaning, but the white wasn't bright anymore. Had to do something about it. 🤓

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Washed it for the 47th time in the 6 weeks ive had it..Never again will i buy a black vehicle.
I owned black super-charged Toyota Levin back in the days of my youth. I loved that color so much that I flew to another province to buy my truck, just to escape having to deal with it again.

When black vehicles are clean, they are beautiful....for the 23seconds that they remain that way.

When they get dirty.....uugghhh!!

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please expound.
Well, I guess putting it in 4wd and locking the axle would have worked too, but I was trying to get back on pavement in a tight spot and in 4wd it's difficult to get a full lock on the steering wheel while barely or not moving. Right rear was barely making contact in loose dirt. Front wheels were on pavement and went from full left to full right as I backed up to pull forward. Not a life or death situation by any means, but leaving it in 2wd and locking the axle just made things easier.

I thought I had read somewhere the axle would only lock in 4wd, but I may be thinking of hill decent.

Users who are viewing this thread