5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I guess putting it in 4wd and locking the axle would have worked too, but I was trying to get back on pavement in a tight spot and in 4wd it's difficult to get a full lock on the steering wheel while barely or not moving. Right rear was barely making contact in loose dirt. Front wheels were on pavement and went from full left to full right as I backed up to pull forward. Not a life or death situation by any means, but leaving it in 2wd and locking the axle just made things easier.

I thought I had read somewhere the axle would only lock in 4wd, but I may be thinking of hill decent.
Yeah, hill descent only works in 4Lo. Axle lock works in 2wd/4hi/4lo but it disengages above 25mph, I believe.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, hill descent only works in 4Lo. Axle lock works in 2wd/4hi/4lo but it disengages above 25mph, I believe.
It must use front wheel speed sensors to disengage above 25mph, because playing in the snow, and doing burnouts, the axle will stay locked with the spoedoo showing well above 25mph. But truck not actually going that fast.

reapur

Reaction score
Installed blackvue dashcam today. Security guy helped me with any questions I had.
94a3259f5aa5b1d8b93eaacb3c8aeb21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I have my valentine one mounted and powered in this way. I had the kit on my 2015 3d and it worked fine on the 2022 except the pins were a little fatter I had to hammer them down a little. I'm wondering how the blackvue is connected inside the mirror, is it in the same way as the fuzz buster or did you use a plug of some sort? Also is one of those cables going thru the headliner back to the rear camera? Just wondering since I want to install dash cam in a clean way like this.

BRINK WHEELS

Precision Engineered Flow Formed Wheels
Reaction score
Kind of followed @MurphBigHorn footsteps and did a thing. Still not sure if I’m sold on the color combo but maybe time will change my mind. Wanted to break up the all black with some color:) The folks are @BRINK WHEELS Wheels were great to work with and they got it spot on with the offset I was looking for. The +12 brings it slightly past the fender which I feel like how the stock wheels should have come.

Love It! Thanks for sharing. The BRONZE wheel we've noticed always requires a little acclamation. I personally love the final build.

ccf2mb

Reaction score
Wife took it to tint the fronts and add a brow. Not super excited how they did the brow, but I'll give it some time and see if it grows on me...

Tint1.jpg
Tint2.jpg

....and it needs a bath badly.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wife took it to tint the fronts and add a brow. Not super excited how they did the brow, but I'll give it some time and see if it grows on me...

View attachment 135012
View attachment 135013

....and it needs a bath badly.
I'm not a fan of brows at all. They look incomplete. And the few vehicles I've ridden in with them, the cut off is right in my line of sight so I'm either trying to duck under it, or stretch up to look through

ccf2mb

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of brows at all. They look incomplete. And the few vehicles I've ridden in with them, the cut off is right in my line of sight so I'm either trying to duck under it, or stretch up to look through

Yeah, I get it. They aren't for everyone. I initially thought the one on more Ford was too low, but I got used to it and loved it. This one is too short, but we'll see how it goes.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled the starter relay out tonight, last night at 1 am our neighbor across the street and 2 over had their brand new bmw stolen. Our cameras caught them in and out within 1 minute.

As they drove away they stopped in front of our house and took a look at my fathers 4th gen and my 5th.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled the starter relay out tonight, last night at 1 am our neighbor across the street and 2 over had their brand new bmw stolen. Our cameras caught them in and out within 1 minute.

As they drove away they stopped in front of our house and took a look at my fathers 4th gen and my 5th.
Its beyond out of hand. Coworker had his Kia stolen 2 months ago, found today with temporary paper license plates and vin altered.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Did you buy the 21-23mm size for the lug nut covers? Been looking for something since I got my truck and been annoyed with the silver lug nuts when the rest of the truck is blacked out. Mopar wants $20 a nut which is insane to get all black ones. I also have purchased the LUX taillight tint. Did you install those yourself? How difficult was it? Super nice truck btw!
Yup… 21-23mm. Perfect fit and they still look great.

did the tint myself and I really like it, was initially worried about nighttime and not being able to see the light to well but it’s still super bright and not an issue… next time I would use a spray bottle with soapy water and soak it Down nice and wet. that way you can move it around a bit if they’re crooked.

TSL

Reaction score
Got it ceramic coated this week. First time I've ever done this to a vehicle. Time will tell if it was money well spent, but it looks great now anyway.
Product applied was called OptiCoat, has a 7 year warranty whatever that's worth. There are no regular re-applications needed they tell me although they suggest I bring it back to them once per year for a deep clean. On the way home from picking it up, I drove through a hail of bugs and all I could hear was the 'tick-tick-tick' of bugs going splat against the glass, so it wasn't quite as pristine by they time I got home !
Rolled over 1000 miles this week. It's not brand new any more !
Also took it to the dealer to fix a small trim issue. Final pic attached show the grab bar on the "B" pillar behind the drivers seat. There's a trim piece that covers access to the screw that holds the grab bar to the frame. As shown in the picture, this trim piece is loose and won't snap into place firmly. Dealer replaced the entire grab bar under warranty, since it wasn't clear whether it was the plastic trim piece or the body of the grab bar that had the issue.

Attachments

• 20220627_175438.jpg
    20220627_175438.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220720_204929.jpg
    20220720_204929.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 20220720_195454.jpg
    20220720_195454.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220720_195437.jpg
    20220720_195437.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 120

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Car show in my hometown today. Stopped by the covered bridge in the way out of town. This is the only covered bridge in Nebraska on a public road that you can drive through.
That bridge pic is fantastic (y)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got it ceramic coated this week. First time I've ever done this to a vehicle. Time will tell if it was money well spent, but it looks great now anyway.
Product applied was called OptiCoat, has a 7 year warranty whatever that's worth. There are no regular re-applications needed they tell me although they suggest I bring it back to them once per year for a deep clean. On the way home from picking it up, I drove through a hail of bugs and all I could hear was the 'tick-tick-tick' of bugs going splat against the glass, so it wasn't quite as pristine by they time I got home !
Rolled over 1000 miles this week. It's not brand new any more !
Also took it to the dealer to fix a small trim issue. Final pic attached show the grab bar on the "B" pillar behind the drivers seat. There's a trim piece that covers access to the screw that holds the grab bar to the frame. As shown in the picture, this trim piece is loose and won't snap into place firmly. Dealer replaced the entire grab bar under warranty, since it wasn't clear whether it was the plastic trim piece or the body of the grab bar that had the issue.
Opti-coat is good quality. I recommend you do the annual maintenance wash on it. I take mine in every spring after the roads are cleaned up from the winter salt.

Evanm129

Reaction score
Put on AVS low profile matte black window vents and aeroskin hood deflector.

I put the same items on every truck I buy, but these are the best version yet, in my opinion.

Low profile indeed.

Crazy easy install and I love the look.
How have they held up? The window vents that is. I ordered and didn’t know they were in channel I have always been nervous of window performance with in channel vents

Users who are viewing this thread