5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Mine shows a different version of that graphic when the tailgate is down. I have the center red splash on the evic and that icon of the truck also shows the tailgate down by an extended red block behind the truck like this

3ea2533d-3ecb-4804-832d-9b785682d88c-jpeg.84716
Do your rear parking sensors turn off if you back up with the tailgate down?

Clv22p

Reaction score
They don't and your truck will slam on the brakes because it thinks you are about to back into the pavement.
It’s the worst!! Head slams into the headrest and i go into a panic wondering what I just hit.

Unless you have turned off the crappy rear braking assist
I keep it on because I think one day it might save me.

Clv22p

Reaction score
So far my rear brake assist has only stopped me from colliding wiiiiiittthhhhhh……

38d2409f2bb5c0b4b3ca0d9d7f351dcd.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine as stopped me from colliding with many things…my own tailgate, my trailer(which was attached and straight), grass, small mound, and the wind.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A Ziplock bag does indeed make things much much better for removal, but also a PITA. Once oil gets on the filter from unscrewing, and you trying to turn with the bag over it...its like slick vs slick...getting a grip is not easy...but still do-able
This isn’t directed at you, but just general steps I successfully took.

Here’s the steps I used for no drips on my ‘21 hemi:
- Open top a Ziploc bag as much as possible and scrunch it down below the filter.
- loosen oil filter until a tiny bit of oil slowly starts running down the filter.
- Unscrunch bag up and over the filter.
- Use hand to loosen filter in eighth to quarter turn increments so that bag does not spin around.
- when filter comes off, guide it to the bottom of the bag with your hand (hand is still on the outside of the bag).
- push bag down a little and screw a new filter by hand.
- zip the bag shut without a bunch of extra air (so the opposite of how my wife closes every Ziploc bag), and remove bag.

TSL

Reaction score
I really want to find a way to add/relocate the camera for the digital rearview mirror to the back of the rack, so I've got an unobstructed view of what's behind me. The rack partially covers the CHMSL camera, and went my rooftop tent is mounted, the camera (and brake light) will be completely blocked. I have a 2021 Ram; 2022 added an option for trailer surround view cameras, which would make this easy provided you can find the parts. I know I can use a Fakra cable to extend the camera, but I still have to work out how to route the cable, what camera to use, and how to make the camera waterproof.

If you've got ideas or experience on relocating the CHMSL camera (perhaps for a topper), please let me know.
Being curious about this question myself I emailed the guy I met at Overland Expo PNW. He told me there's a facebook group where he thinks this has been discussed and some folks may have done it already :

Xtrusion Overland BedRacks | Facebook

It doesn't help me a lot because I avoid Facebook at all costs, but it might help some people so thought I'd share it here

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was definitely worth to that guy walking :)

It definitely has merit. It’s why I haven’t shut it off and accept its conservative sensitivity personally. And I probably haven’t had a situation happen yet (luckily) but it IS a little more conservative than I would make it.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Bed liner question - should I have LineX or the dealer do it? Around same price unless I have LineX color match it…

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the uconnect vehicle settings menu under “SAFETY/DRIVING ASSISTANCE” when you go into the park view camera settings you should see a couple choices:

6559aec90707b541566c7e81b24948ce.jpg

My 21 doesn't have this option

Users who are viewing this thread