5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Nels

Reaction score
This with all 4 doors and the tailgate open. The icon shows the open doors but not the tailgate. Doesn't change when shifting from park to reverse or drive.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Changed the oil. I hate it.

To all of you that say "I never spill a drop", I call BS.
I changed the oil too. Literally didn’t spill a drop! I used a quart sized ziploc for the oil filter

For whatever reason this was the smoothest the oil change had ever gone.

I installed a Fumoto oil drain valve this time so hopefully next time is even easier.

Last edited:

shaginwagon

Reaction score
Finally installed my new suspension bits…
i had the org stuff on my north edition truck…
lowered the back 3 inches and the front 2 inches.

edit…
the darker one is morning pre work and
the sunny pic is afternoon after lowering.
Who's lowering kit did you use? Part # ?

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed the oil too. Literally didn’t spill a drop! I used a quart sized ziploc for the oil filter

I installed a Fumoto oil drain valve this time so hopefully next time is even easier.
Lies, lies, lies! Lol I tried the ziplock bag trick and somehow the oil made it out and then the filter tipped and the mess began.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
that dash is level 2 and b for some trucks

just trying to point put that not every truck will have the ability to show the tailgate open

I believe some of the trucks came without tailgate open sensors, so even if the feature is activated it won't show up.

Nels

Reaction score
that dash is level 2 and b for some trucks

just trying to point put that not every truck will have the ability to show the tailgate open
This is from my window sticker. Level 1, Tailgate Ajar warning listed. Presumably it has the ability to show it, yet it does not. I am assuming a dealer should have the ability to turn it on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220714-040625_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-040625_Drive.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 58

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't really do anything to the Ram, but was at Tractor Supply and purchased a mini ram. They didn't have a 1500, but not many people will pick out the difference of this 3500 when it is hanging on the Christmas tree - at least it is the correct color to match my truck. . . .

20220712_131226.jpg 20220712_131142.jpg

Last edited:

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is from my window sticker. Level 1, Tailgate Ajar warning listed. Presumably it has the ability to show it, yet it does not. I am assuming a dealer should have the ability to turn it on?
I believe this is indicating that your tailgate is open. Could be wrong, though.

20220713_205616.jpg

Last edited:

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This with all 4 doors and the tailgate open. The icon shows the open doors but not the tailgate. Doesn't change when shifting from park to reverse or drive.
Also... don't know if it makes a difference, but did you try it with the doors closed and in Drive?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 Built to Serve didn't even have that indicator until I enabled the tailgate ajar warning with alfaOBD
Now that I look at that pic again it doesn't have the little bar on the bottom so... I dunno. It should have at least that little indicator as per his window sticker.

Last edited:

blckout

Reaction score
Gave her a bath

fe222cb206b5e662f3b1945d7231c71d.jpg

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
You would think so, however, based on other threads on the subject, The dealer is NOT likely to turn it on for you. It seems that Stelantis has chosen to only activate it when specific (and unrelated) options are purchased. Last I have seen, no one has been able to get it activated at a dealer, though there may be a rare instance I am not aware of. I activated mine (Laramie Level A) with AlfaOBD, but also used it to change tire size, switch DRL location, and a couple other things. Worth the cost in my opinion.

Duran

Reaction score

Video challenge lol

Users who are viewing this thread