5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I jack knifed my 2014, and the damage looked exactly like that. Did the bed panel buckle as well? The body guy did an amazing job. He pulled the entire dent out and had to paint bed side. Make sure you check the gapping on tailgate before you leave with the truck when it’s finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes checking that and when I was underneath it I noticed the bed damper mounting point was a bit damaged too.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And put the 5in tips back on. They really do change the sound for the better. They act like a megaphone. I didn’t do a vid with the rams. But this is what it did on my Silverado with a similar type tip

a1684f819dbce0532cf03b1362ff9533.jpg

Interesting (y) Where do you get the tips? Does it come in black. I have a Night Edition with the stock exhaust.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Went in for oil change and came back to this. Dealer going to fixed it but all the beeping from the sensors and the back up camera and the oil change guy still backs it into something. Expensive oil change thinking about $4000. Needs new tail light and the body work and they renting me a vehicle for 1 to 2 weeks at $750 a week.

That sucks! Posts like this make me happy that I'm doing my own oil changes.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went in for oil change and came back to this. Dealer going to fixed it but all the beeping from the sensors and the back up camera and the oil change guy still backs it into something. Expensive oil change thinking about $4000. Needs new tail light and the body work and they renting me a vehicle for 1 to 2 weeks at $750 a week.
Damn, sorry to see that a dealer did that... :(

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So did my 4th oil change and since so many on the forum have been recommending Penzoild Syn Platnum, I went with it this time around, it was a bit more pricey than the Valvoline that I usually use, but it seems to have good reviews.

I have been using the zip lock bag to remove the oil filter and for the most part, it works very well. I was just about to finagle the bag and filter and I dropped it all over myself....what a mess......ugh!

Lets just say I was still cursing the Ram engineers on this oil filter placement.

And to keep things interesting, I burned my arm on the Catalytic converter....🤷‍♂️:mad:

I was just a mess this time around.....

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Interesting (y) Where do you get the tips? Does it come in black. I have a Night Edition with the stock exhaust.

It won’t do much for stock exhaust. But yes they have black. Go on carven exhaust website.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
keep in mind this will likely show up on a carfax report down the road. If they have to order parts and they include the vin, it's almost guaranteed.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Suspension Maxx front sway bar end links p/n SMX-1319L today.

Overall, I think they are pretty nice. But there are two design issues, in my opinion, that will keep me from recommending them. Firstly, there is not proper thread engagement through the nut holding the 5 degree swivel link to the sway bar. My right side is barely flush with no threads coming through the locking end of the nut and the left side does not even reach the end of the locking end of the nut. This is even after verifying correct alignment of the tapered washers. The threaded portion of the swivel link needs to be longer by several threads.

Secondly, there is no easy way to hold the swivel link in proper orientation while torquing the nut. It always wants to rotate. A redesign that includes a hex on the swivel link, to hold with a wrench, would help keep it aligned while torquing. It took a bit of effort to keep them aligned while they were being torqued.
I concur with all. I had to put loctite on the upper stud because the nut kept backing off despite several torquing attempts. Not even sure if a nylon locking nut would work due to insufficient stud length. Other than this issue I have had no other complaints.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I concur with all. I had to put loctite on the upper stud because the nut kept backing off despite several torquing attempts. Not even sure if a nylon locking nut would work due to insufficient stud length. Other than this issue I have had no other complaints.
Has anyone reached out to the company about the issue so they can correct it? If so, what, if anything, was their response?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone reached out to the company about the issue so they can correct it? If so, what, if anything, was their response?
I personally have not. Probably not a bad idea but little research and development goes a long way. Certainly they had to mount them to a truck before releasing 🤷.

jgc650i

Reaction score
No worries. Last time I spoke with a Putco rep, they said they have extended spacers for their light bar for the 5th gen rams, which in theory compensate for the molded protrusions in the MFT (maybe the regular tailgate as well...not sure). Did you get those and still need to drill different spacers as other on this forum did? Thanks for the feedback on the other items as well. Too many options for truck additions....

I used spacers I got from Lowes like other posters have mentioned. Didn’t know Putco came up with their own spacers. When I reached out to them just a month or two back they simply replied they weren’t compatible with the 5th Gen with MFT, so I followed what other forum members did.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had the new keyfob programmed for the truck so now I have remote tailgate release from the keyfob. $170 total for fob, off eBay, and programming by local locksmith. All to have remote tailgate release. May be excessive for some, but hey, it's something I didn't have before.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the new keyfob programmed for the truck so now I have remote tailgate release from the keyfob. $170 total for fob, off eBay, and programming by local locksmith. All to have remote tailgate release. May be excessive for some, but hey, it's something I didn't have before.

LOL! You'll never know if you'll use it until you have it... :)

I have had that feature for 3 years now. I don't think I have ever used it.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Swapped out my 6-channel Kenwood amp/dsp over the weekend for a Helix V Eight, and put Audiofrog GB10s in the sail panels. Even with just a rough tune completed, loving it so far. i jacked up the sails a little bit, and had to cut the holes twice to flush mount the tweets. But no biggie, I’m planning to make them into pods over the next couple weeks, anyway, so will be covering that up.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! You'll never know if you'll use it until you have it... :)

I have had that feature for 3 years now. I don't think I have ever used it.
There's been several times I would have used it if I had it in the past. We go grocery shopping every Sunday. My wife's Traverse, I always open the hatch as we are walking up to it. Would do the same with tailgate if I had feature. Now I do. I mean, it's not a necessity, but just like having the tailgate open warning in the dash, if it's an option I can make work, I want to have it. My BigHorn BTS didn't come from factory with either,.and now I have both working

Users who are viewing this thread