5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Einstein376

Reaction score
My 2019 had a set of running boards on it when I bought it that did not survive Michigan winters and were rusting. So, I ran across these RAM boards from Athens Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (on-line) #82215294AC on sale with free shipping. So off with the junk boards after fighting with the rusted bolts and bolted the new boards on. CB02CA45-F1D8-475D-BD4E-B5BC6AE69B8B.jpeg
7F5A0813-7F84-4A20-97DA-89CC5705248F.jpeg

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My 2019 had a set of running boards on it when I bought it that did not survive Michigan winters and were rusting. So, I ran across these RAM boards from Athens Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (on-line) #82215294AC on sale with free shipping. So off with the junk boards after fighting with the rusted bolts and bolted the new boards on. View attachment 129666
View attachment 129667
look like factory wheel to wheel steps.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my exhaust yesterday (Borla S-type). I love it! It only took about an hour (no lift) and only because we tried to get the factory exhaust out first without cutting it. Love how it sounds, I can barely hear it inside the cab when cruising and with music on even less. Fit was fine, the driver's side had to be opened just a tad to slide on but everything was pretty smooth.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just watched my truck get its *** beat by golf ball size hail. Dents everywhere. I’m driving it now and can see the dent all over the hood.

Picture from my neighbor.
f7ac1d469126077b8af255686f35692b.jpg

Had it here too but it was down to quarter size and did no damage. It's not unusual to get ping pong/golf ball size through tennis balls size though.

Probably going to buy a hail protector, some one on a neighbors car a few streets over.

20220505_064630.jpg

20220505_064644.jpg

Sorry about the hail damage to your truck, I know the feeling.
In the late 90s I was at home when a large hail storm hit Dallas. Orange to grapefruit size hail, watched it beat the **** out of my Daytona Shelby. I could only stand in the garage yelling stop as it the clouds would.

The. 2 years later, it happened again, mayfest storms

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had it here too but it was down to quarter size and did no damage. It's not unusual to get ping pong/golf ball size through tennis balls size though.

Probably going to buy a hail protector, some one on a neighbors car a few streets over.

View attachment 129685

View attachment 129686

In the late 90s I was at home when a large hail storm hit Dallas. Orange to grapefruit size hail, watched it beat the **** out of my Daytona Shelby. I could only stand in the garage yelling stop as it the clouds would.

I would just park my truck in the garage instead of in that bouncy house. 😆

Nels

Reaction score
My 2019 had a set of running boards on it when I bought it that did not survive Michigan winters and were rusting. So, I ran across these RAM boards from Athens Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (on-line) #82215294AC on sale with free shipping. So off with the junk boards after fighting with the rusted bolts and bolted the new boards on. View attachment 129666
View attachment 129667
I put same steps on my 2019 Laramie and love them.

craigmw

Reaction score
NEW SHOES!
OE Creations PR192C, 22x10 +25
Toyo Open Country AT3's 33x12.5R22
Some shots from the installation shop, my driveway and work.
Truck needs a bath, but am super happy how it came out. 👍
Nice shoes! I've been considering the same OE Creations 22x10's in black. I believe this rim pokes out about 1/4" compared to the stock rims and hoping you would be willing to post a pic showing the tire/rim stance in relation to the outside of fenders, both front and back. Those chrome rims are a great choice and look really nice with your white truck and badging.

I'm also considering the AT3's, maybe bigger, and curious about your thoughts on the road noise level compared to stock tires.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tinting is illegal here too, but a medical waiver will allow front driver and passenger windows to be tinted.
Yes a medical waiver is very helpful. My wife has keratoconus and her eyes are very sensitive to light. So the front windows must be tinited.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of 12’ trim boards and some other stuff. When I was loading up it was like a commercial for the ram boxes and the bed extender And my wife said the other 2 dudes there picking up stuff were peering over at it when I was tying stuff down.

Almost forgot to snap a pic (I was mostly unloaded at this point.)

e2e6a0e84b0c7ad3ff64f289801184f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need this:
1652890592527.jpeg

MaxxHaul 70231 Bed Extender, can use for lumber, siding, canoe/kayak, etc. $70 on Amazon.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Just removed my headlights because my extended 5/60 MAXIMUM CARE warranty sucks b@ll$!

I called Mopar and even though I bought the 5/60 MAXIMUM CARE warranty my faulty headlights are not covered. My truck is only 2 years old but I exceeded 36k miles. I purchased the 5/60 warranty knowing I would be putting extra miles on my truck, looks like it was a complete waste of money. I asked the Mopar rep if there was anything RAM could do for me, the answer was a resounding 'NO'.

My driver side light is completely dead. You can see the water leaking out. The passenger side is just as bad.
View attachment 129623
View attachment 129624
View attachment 129627

I'll be shopping for aftermarket headlights, I'm open to suggestions.

What was the warranty clause that excluded your headlights from replacement?

fliptide

Reaction score
What was the warranty clause that excluded your headlights from replacement?
I have seen this on a couple sites that sell Max Care:

What’s NOT Covered Under Our Maximum Care Plans​

The only parts and labor not covered:

• Maintenance Services and items used in such services
  • Catalytic Converter and Particulate Filter
  • Glass, Plastic Lenses & Light Bulbs
  • Body and Paint Items
  • Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches
  • Wear items (Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Belts and Wipers

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score

View attachment 129685

View attachment 129686

I've never seen anything like that. If I saw that car cover, this is what I'd imagine was underneath:
1652905027798.png

or this:
1652905096570.png

Users who are viewing this thread