5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Huh. Whattaya know? Maybe I’m thinking of the rambox lids then. Those are definitely not metallic, and flex easily. But that’s some weak *** aluminum. And why didn’t mine dimple in the hail then? My roof sure did. Guess I got lucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big was the hail? Quarter size has hit my truck and left no damage. Your sunroof is glass, it wont dent either, you mean the roof around the sunroof?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
12 year old me would be so excited. Plus new tires on the outback under warranty. Because, just because
fc68994ca3743d1e3036f8745995ea18.jpg

b120bdbcee88f08fbbff95bc921f23eb.jpg

0ba7f71e247e4cdbf012364e9968c145.jpg

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How big was the hail? Quarter size has hit my truck and left no damage. Your sunroof is glass, it wont dent either, you mean the roof around the sunroof?

Ya I meant the metal around the roof since it seems to be the only upward facing steel on the truck except for the two front fenders. And it was dime-ish. I posted pics in this thread when it happened. But it was heavy and for a half hr. And when I cleaned it all off the roof - around the glass - was dimpled. And the hood was not.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's just a guess, but maybe the shape of the hood helped it resist it the hail (vs the roof which has a flatter shape to it).

Possibly. Just odd as it’s a big area. And it was really coming down on it. I know aluminum is less malleable than steel but idk. Either way I’m glad it survived.

Watts

Reaction score
Changed my horns out for some hella horns. I like them so far. Completely different sound. Now I look like a wrx haha
View attachment 129850
Did you need to remove the grill? One of my horns stoped working - I only have the high tone so it sounds like a clown car. Replacement arrives tomorrow and I’m hoping I can get it in there w/out grill removal

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you need to remove the grill? One of my horns stoped working - I only have the high tone so it sounds like a clown car. Replacement arrives tomorrow and I’m hoping I can get it in there w/out grill removal
I just took off the radiator cover and you can get to them easily through there.

jayray38

Reaction score
Waiting for my truck to come out of the shop (for the new grill) then going to install the new pedal commander I finally bit the bullet on getting. I'll let you know how I like it later.

craigmw

Reaction score
Thanks!
These wheels are just a tad different than OEM.
22×10, +25 offset. With the 12.5 wide tires, front wheels sat just too close to the UCA's for my liking, so I added in a set of 3/8 inch BORA Spacers. Below I have before spacer (first two pics) and after spacer photos. Also before and after of the space between tire and UCA. Ran them for about 1300 miles before adding in spacers.
As far as the tires go, I love em. Was looking at 305/45/22, but backorder was a long wait, and they had these in stock.
Only thing for me is the jump from 18's to 22's, along with the lesser sidewall, the overall ride has changed a bit. Really do feel all of the road now, but not much change in road noise.
Good luck, and thanks again! 👊
I like it a lot. Subtle mods look nice to me and your example is a good one! I have factory flares, so if I go this route I may use a larger spacer to line up the tire tread with the outside edge of the flare. I'm nerdin out a bit on your solution and like how your tires aline with the top of the wheel opening with really no poke beyond the fender.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Watts

Reaction score
I just took off the radiator cover and you can get to them easily through there.
Confirmed today. Swapped in the replacement horn in about 10 minutes just by taking off the radiator cover. There is room between the core support and the ac condenser to sneak it in. 10mm bolt comes off on the back side so no need to move the latch or remove the grill.

I no longer sound like a clown car!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Confirmed today. Swapped in the replacement horn in about 10 minutes just by taking off the radiator cover. There is room between the core support and the ac condenser to sneak it in. 10mm bolt comes off on the back side so no need to move the latch or remove the grill.

I no longer sound like a clown car!
What horns did you get?

K_Hub

Reaction score
Installed my rough country 20" light bar.

For some reason the lower grill on the big horn doesn't come in 2 pieces ( my 2021 rebel was similar and was two pieces) so I can remove the back plate to make it see through.

Anyway $50 later and I painted it to match my truck. It came out very nice.
65a413a34445ae123dd1377cad7706d0.jpg
efcf3db201ea968f44265e97d62ec85e.jpg
772f7572d8b970307815ee2d887ad3df.jpg

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
How was the removal of the lower grill? I just got my 20" bar in and picked up the see-through grill at the dealership today. Did you reuse the parking sensor clips from your orginal grill? I'll either tackle this this weekend or wait until next week when my wireless switch from SpeedTech Lights shows up. I don't want to touch the dash in my truck.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it a lot. Subtle mods look nice to me and your example is a good one! I have factory flares, so if I go this route I may use a larger spacer to line up the tire tread with the outside edge of the flare. I'm nerdin out a bit on your solution and like how your tires aline with the top of the wheel opening with really no poke beyond the fender.
Oh trust me, I have nerded out for hours on many trucks here trying to put it all together. So much info and examples to learn from.
Flush to fender was what I was trying to achieve. Not a real big fan of an aggressive stance, especially on just a level. If I went with a taller lift, for sure will get them out a bit more, but not much.
But then even before the spacers got installed, OMG the side of the truck was getting it. Ended up getting mud guards off of Amazon to curb the spray across the side of the truck. It helped, for sure.
I do have a set of painted OEM Laramie flares from eBay I have yet to install. Am on the fence because I really like how everything sits as is now. Would also have to buy another set of guards to fit around the flares.
If you haven’t already, You may wanna do some research on thicker spacers. The guy at BORA explained that at 3/8”, I’d be okay with the stock stud length. There are a few threads that support this too.
Anything thicker and you will be looking at spacers with pressed in studs. If not thick enough, trimming of your stock lugs will be in order. Good luck, and thanks again!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How was the removal of the lower grill? I just got my 20" bar in and picked up the see-through grill at the dealership today. Did you reuse the parking sensor clips from your orginal grill? I'll either tackle this this weekend or wait until next week when my wireless switch from SpeedTech Lights shows up. I don't want to touch the dash in my truck.
So the sensor pop off, and the black clip inserts that hold the sensors also clip right off. I would wait to do that until the grill is loose, towards the end for easy access, but you can remove them before you start.

The grill itself, not to bad. My ram back country comes with an extra 1" lift so I didn't need a ramp, but if you don't have clearance use a ramp or just jack it up.

Anyway, it has about 8 small nuts at the top attached to a thin bolts from the bottom up. Just lose them, don't have to unscrew them all the way, because once it's lose, you can take them out. Then just push the grill out and up(there are 2 placeholders at the bottom) and your set.

Just take your time with them. Hardest part was just getting my hands back there with the retractable air dam.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

HemiDude

Reaction score
Curbed a rear wheel going through a tight bank drive through :(. Really disappointed in myself, don't recall ever curbing my own wheel. I'd be more upset, but ironically I watched @MurphBigHorn's disastrous hail video earlier today, so I have no room to complain. Cleaned it and touched it up, it'll do for now, just have to watch for any flaking paint.

BNJMN

Reaction score
Installed the husky mud flaps yesterday and waxed today. Still have some bug removal on hood/grill/bumper before waxing them. And the glass needs done . Used griots best in class wax. Very easy to wipe off, like the truck took most of it. Have some of there 3-1 ceramic may use that on hood. KIMG1067.JPG KIMG1068.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread