5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

truckless

Reaction score
Picked her up on Saturday and installed AWE 0FG Cat-Back Exhaust on Sunday

View attachment 121977

View attachment 121978

How does it sound volume wise? Something neighbors (urban....since it looks like you aren't so urban) might get pissy about? Figure this very well might be my last ICE truck so considering since I have never had a nice exhaust I want this one and been eyeballing the AWE. Not expecting them all to share yours (and my smiles) but don't want to the be all scowly either :sneaky:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How does it sound volume wise? Something neighbors (urban....since it looks like you aren't so urban) might get pissy about? Figure this very well might be my last ICE truck so considering since I have never had a nice exhaust I want this one and been eyeballing the AWE. Not expecting them all to share yours (and my smiles) but don't want to the be all scowly either :sneaky:
you are the first person i have heard in the wild using the term ICE. Very progressive!

rzims

Reaction score
Installed ARE Z2, waited 3 1/2 months for this thing
That's a good looking topper and a great looking truck. I looked at that but the lead time was even longer than the LEER which is why I went with the LEER

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the new Dark Dune front light mounts this weekend. Shout out to my wife for helping me pull my bumper off. Hopefully my SS5’s show up soon!

1b7aa2cdd6d64547e828e82caefb1e8b.jpg

a976b0f4eb20fdc15782239a16f93dee.jpg

Obligatory, here’s the install video:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that is stupid
lets find a derogatory term for the electric car 😂
They're called AEVs, which is stupid enough all on its own.

These a-holes can't figure out how to run my camper's AC for more than 10 minutes on a battery, but they think they're going to come up with an AEV in my lifetime that will ever replace a proper truck?

L.
O.
L.

truckless

Reaction score
They're called AEVs, which is stupid enough all on its own.

These a-holes can't figure out how to run my camper's AC for more than 10 minutes on a battery, but they think they're going to come up with an AEV in my lifetime that will ever replace a proper truck?

L.
O.
L.

"Those people" have real issue with acronyms. Wonder when they just start compounding them and then put a + at the end to be all encompassing.

Too far?? 😏

Found this online.....

AEV: All-Electric Vehicle. Run only on electricity, either from a battery (BEV) or a fuel cell (FCEV).

BEV: Battery Electric Vehicle. A PEV that uses only a battery and electric motor to power the EV. Current examples include the Nissan LEAF, the Chevrolet Bolt, or any of the Tesla models.

EV: A generic term for a vehicle that gets some or all of its power from an electric motor. Sometimes used to mean PEV, BEV, AEV, FCEV, and occasionally HEV.

FCEV: Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle. An AEV that is powered by a fuel cell rather than a battery. These are not covered in this resource kit, which addresses only PEVs.

HEV: Hybrid Electric Vehicle. These vehicles do not plug in, but have a large battery on board that is charged by the vehicle’s braking. The energy stored by this battery assists the ICE in moving the car, significantly improving the gas mileage. A current example is the Toyota Prius or Honda Accord Hybrid.

ICE: Internal Combustion Engine. Traditional gasoline and diesel cars and trucks use an internal combustion engine to convert fuel to the motion that moves the vehicle. Propane or compressed natural gas is used in some ICE vehicles as well.

PEV: Plug-in Electric Vehicle. An EV that plugs in to an external source to charge an on-board battery that provides the electricity for the electric motor. Some EVs, such as trolleys, subways, trains, and trolley buses, are powered by electricity from overhead wires or a track. FCEVs are powered by a fuel cell.

PHEV: Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle. PHEVs use both an ICE and an electric motor with a battery that recharges by plugging into an external source. Depending on its exact configuration, the PHEV’s battery can either assist the ICE, or fully power the vehicle until the battery has been discharged, at which time the vehicle continues to operate as an HEV. Current examples include the Toyota Prius Prime and the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Those people" have real issue with acronyms. Wonder when they just start compounding them and then put a + at the end to be all encompassing.

Too far?? 😏

AEV: All-Electric Vehicle. Run only on electricity, either from a battery (BEV) or a fuel cell (FCEV).

BEV: Battery Electric Vehicle. A PEV that uses only a battery and electric motor to power the EV. Current examples include the Nissan LEAF, the Chevrolet Bolt, or any of the Tesla models.

EV: A generic term for a vehicle that gets some or all of its power from an electric motor. Sometimes used to mean PEV, BEV, AEV, FCEV, and occasionally HEV.

FCEV: Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle. An AEV that is powered by a fuel cell rather than a battery. These are not covered in this resource kit, which addresses only PEVs.

HEV: Hybrid Electric Vehicle. These vehicles do not plug in, but have a large battery on board that is charged by the vehicle’s braking. The energy stored by this battery assists the ICE in moving the car, significantly improving the gas mileage. A current example is the Toyota Prius or Honda Accord Hybrid.

ICE: Internal Combustion Engine. Traditional gasoline and diesel cars and trucks use an internal combustion engine to convert fuel to the motion that moves the vehicle. Propane or compressed natural gas is used in some ICE vehicles as well.

PEV: Plug-in Electric Vehicle. An EV that plugs in to an external source to charge an on-board battery that provides the electricity for the electric motor. Some EVs, such as trolleys, subways, trains, and trolley buses, are powered by electricity from overhead wires or a track. FCEVs are powered by a fuel cell.

PHEV: Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle. PHEVs use both an ICE and an electric motor with a battery that recharges by plugging into an external source. Depending on its exact configuration, the PHEV’s battery can either assist the ICE, or fully power the vehicle until the battery has been discharged, at which time the vehicle continues to operate as an HEV. Current examples include the Toyota Prius Prime and the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.

All-electric Vehicle Torque Plus (AEVTQ+). There we have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online