5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my Tuffy Center Console Safe sitting on my tool bench for over a year now. Decided I had nothing better to do tonight after the kids went to bed. So, got that put in. Fits so snug. First time I have ever had a second key on my key ring. Usually just walk around with the RAM Fob.
Apply a bit of WD-40 or any like penetrating oil to that warning sticker, let sit about 5 minutes the removal will be easy.
Nice safe for a reasonable cost, will likely buy one, thanks for posting.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my Tuffy Center Console Safe sitting on my tool bench for over a year now. Decided I had nothing better to do tonight after the kids went to bed. So, got that put in. Fits so snug. First time I have ever had a second key on my key ring. Usually just walk around with the RAM Fob.
Love mine

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What model # is that one. It looks like a shallow one.
Does your front consul slide back overtop? I have a Limited.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it will work on a Limited. From the Tuffy site:
NOTE: Drilling required. Does not work with the RAM sliding console trays that have lids on the cup holders, as seen on RAM Longhorn and Limited trims. Crew Cab or Quad Cab with a fixed floor OEM console.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it will work on a Limited. From the Tuffy site:
NOTE: Drilling required. Does not work with the RAM sliding console trays that have lids on the cup holders, as seen on RAM Longhorn and Limited trims. Crew Cab or Quad Cab with a fixed floor OEM console.
Ya I just read that. Won’t fit Longhorn or Limited with the deep tray. Dang!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if these fit into a G/T console... my guess is not, but maybe once there's more if them out there they'll come up with one. I like the rear Ram-bin ones, but i'd rather have something in the center console ones like this... seems more practical than having "it" in the floor in the back.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I was finally able to get the UCA's done. Took some heat and a pickle fork to get the job done, but it is DONE!. Had the alignment done this morning, so we are ready to take the camper out this weekend. I think the UCA's will be the last thing done to the RAM for a while. :)

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was finally able to get the UCA's done. Took some heat and a pickle fork to get the job done, but it is DONE!. Had the alignment done this morning, so we are ready to take the camper out this weekend. I think the UCA's will be the last thing done to the RAM for a while. :)
The pickle fork technique is always a last resort if ever, tends to always damage the boot. Next time, try this cheap tool first. https://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
The pickle fork technique is always a last resort if ever, tends to always damage the boot. Next time, try this cheap tool first. https://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html
Oh, I did. The separator tool would not open far enough to fit on top of the UCA AND under the bottom of the ball joint bolt. I ultimately went with the pickle fork because I was at my wits end and had NO plans on re-using the stock UCA's so I was not concerned with damaging the boot. Coincidentally, I did not find any boot damage after we were done.

Last edited:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Laramie, so no fancy cupholder lids for me. The console slides over top perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Impatiently waiting for my dealer to email me that my Mopar CAI is finally ready for pickup. In the meantime, it was 43F on Sunday so I installed the Sleekster lightbar mount. It does disable the front parking sensors but I don't really need them. I'll keep it installed for now. It is definitely sturdy and well built! If it weren't for the fact that it disabled the sensors it'd be perfect. Just gotta get the light on if it ever warms up again lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20220220_211651316.jpg
    PXL_20220220_211651316.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread