5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Well, I TRIED to replace my UCA's with the Rough Country UCA's to go with my 3" spacers. Only issue was I could NOT get the ball joint to separate from the knuckle. Tried everything I could with the tools I had on hand and it simply would not budge. Ordered a pickle fork set and ball joint separator tool to try again this evening. Hopefully those tools will do the trick and the control arms will be on in no time.

I MUST get the new UCA's on by tomorrow night so I can get an alignment Thursday. We are going camping Friday and need the truck in perfect order to tow the camper.
If that hasn't been answered yet and you have a harborfreight close by than get this and you'll need to grind the opening tooth a little wider to make it fit all the way in.
3/4 In. Ball Joint Separator
Easy after that just be careful and leave the nut loosely on still so the whole thing doesn't fall off when it pops

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good deal and thanks for the quick response. Just ordered it from Amazon.
Of course. It is pretty solid in there and the bitting of the key seems pretty good. I'm debating getting the Rambin boxes as well for larger items.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GraniteRam

Reaction score
When I installed the Bilstein 5100s with the mopar UCAs, used a 5lb sledge with pickle. Like yours, wouldn't budge. Tried heat, still wouldn't budge. Last resort, modified the separator tool by removing the portion of the arm below the red line and widened the opening to gain more purchase. Worked perfect.

View attachment 121553
I had to do the same.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Did some anti corrosion spraying on it. Hit the battery terminals with the red stuff and some of the underside bolts and bare metal with Fluid Film. I plan to more thoroughly coat it once the weather warms up.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Added those fake carbon tail light covers. Was on the fence. But they don’t look bad. Needed more black to match the 3rd tail
612f055619eb6ea515d44aaf8f834bd8.jpg

7e0c17ee6180d1daa462813ee856ab2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added those fake carbon tail light covers. Was on the fence. But they don’t look bad. Needed more black to match the 3rd tail
612f055619eb6ea515d44aaf8f834bd8.jpg

7e0c17ee6180d1daa462813ee856ab2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recon 3rd brake light?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online