5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Remixznflow

Reaction score
That just looks intentional. This is why I park WAY in the back away from everyone. I would be FUMING!!!!

Yeah I parked all the way at the back of the parking lot last night. I'm staying at a hotel while my home is remodeled. Came out this morning to that. To answer another person's question yes it has been windy with a cold front coming in. Doesn't excuse this at all. I was able to get some good photos and I'm going to get an estimate... Just frustrating I have to do this...

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen this happen when it's very windy. Someone opens the door and the wind catches it like a parachute. They should have still owned up to it. I try to park facing into the wind in those conditions. The wind pushes the door closed instead of open.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Got my windows tinted, forgive the angle but the front are 25% thanks Texas and the rear is blacked out.

Attachments

• VjupG4IqQfCeNaThK3Nl%Q.jpg
    VjupG4IqQfCeNaThK3Nl%Q.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 173

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
I've seen this happen when it's very windy. Someone opens the door and the wind catches it like a parachute. They should have still owned up to it. I try to park facing into the wind in those conditions. The wind pushes the door closed instead of open.
Actually had this happen to me when I was stationed in VA. The wind caught the lady’s car and her door slammed into mine. Literally shook my wife’s car. She tried to take off before I could get out of the car.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
Yeah I parked all the way at the back of the parking lot last night. I'm staying at a hotel while my home is remodeled. Came out this morning to that. To answer another person's question yes it has been windy with a cold front coming in. Doesn't excuse this at all. I was able to get some good photos and I'm going to get an estimate... Just frustrating I have to do this...

If you haven't already speak with the Hotel. They may be able to get you video off the camera's in the lot, which you can provide to the Police to file a report, that may help with the insurance claim.

Sorry to see the damage, it is heartbreaking.

Lateralus

Reaction score
Ordered some new tires with 20% off. 295/55R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I'm too embarrassed to drive the truck with the crap Nexen tires that came on it ;(

Sven

Reaction score
Reading through this entire thread, and you guys have made me think long and hard about protecting the paint. I live in the northeast. Is it really worth it for the average person to go through the hours of labor to wax, etc to protect the paint? If so, is there any good reading about the best way to go about it? Thanks!

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Reading through this entire thread, and you guys have made me think long and hard about protecting the paint. I live in the northeast. Is it really worth it for the average person to go through the hours of labor to wax, etc to protect the paint? If so, is there any good reading about the best way to go about it? Thanks!

Autogeek.net has some great resources to bring you up to speed. They even have online videos and eBooks for free.

flowchart-2018.jpg

Sven

Reaction score
Thanks. How much typically to pay a shop to do all this? What would you guys consider as the most important detailing to do?

Mason1217

Reaction score
Replacing my TOW package mirrors with OEM Power Folding:

Ordered this package from INFOTAINMENT - 10% off Cyber Monday

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/19-20-ram-truck-power-folding-mirrors-package
Holy crap, 1400 bucks? The tow mirrors must REALLY annoy you lol. Good luck with the install. I wondered why the description didn't say the new mirrors will be heated? Are tow mirrors not heated so the functionality cant be added with aftermarket power folding? Just curious

flffpm

Reaction score
This is why people SUCK. You went out of your way to park, yet.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well today I dropped my ram off at the dealership for a check engine light....

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy crap, 1400 bucks? The tow mirrors must REALLY annoy you lol. Good luck with the install. I wondered why the description didn't say the new mirrors will be heated? Are tow mirrors not heated so the functionality cant be added with aftermarket power folding? Just curious

My tow mirrors are heated...

GATORB8

Reaction score
Thanks. How much typically to pay a shop to do all this? What would you guys consider as the most important detailing to do?
Each part you want to do with different frequency. If you can catch it before you need serious paint correction, you should be able to protect it enough to eliminate the need for multi step compound/polishing, or at least significantly extend the period in between.
Pricing will vary widely, normally the detail shop on the corner (or even at the local carwash) will give you a coat of wax for under $100, ceramic coatings and PPFs tip the scales closer to $1k. Paint correction by a high end guy can get up near there too.
Start small and see how much more you care to do, but at least get it waxed or sealed regularly to keep the paint protected and the water beading.
If you live in a mild climate, no reason not to do it yourself, makes for some good quality bonding time with your truck. You can wash and wax the whole truck in a couple hours.

geotex1

Reaction score

ABSOLUTELY! My pickups have always been my daily drivers and do-alls! I may get the groceries in them, but I also get the stack of sheetrock, pallet of concrete, tow my 8900# camper, and drive through everything you can imagine and not just the typical PA weather. One thing I have always done is take great care of paint, and what that has afforded me was top dollar when I've let my trucks go. I have always got my full asking price without haggle! Also, I have never before traded in a truck at a dealer, and I have a lot of grey hair, until my 4th Gen just this past weekend because I always felt they low-balled. I have to say this time was different as I was in the mix of a group of car guys, and the appraisal manager came in loudly proclaiming how clean and nice my Sport was. I already did the KBB stuff myself, and his offer for my trade was so strong to the high private sale dollar that I took it! Best part, we negotiated the new truck sale price before even talking about a trade!

RamRod41

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 Ram Ivory White Laramie (Sport Package) yesterday.

Mods will include

3M film front end, along doors and flares and tint all the way around.
Bought All weather mats and steering wheel cover today.

Black RAM grille emblems, and Tail gate Emblem. Will de-badge everything else.

Going to consult with Painter about tinting my tails.

Thinking 33x12.50 AT2s extremes or Ridge Grapplers with 20s or 22s. BMF Novakanes or Fuel Lethals. Depending on wether Mopar 2” fox lift will rub if I run -24 off set. Don’t mind trimming for the look.

Bed rug with LED Mopar bed kit.
Back flip G2 Tonneau

Then maybe Amp steps down the road 9AA698FD-BD3A-4CEF-AABA-03071AA4DB41.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online