5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Yeah I parked all the way at the back of the parking lot last night. I'm staying at a hotel while my home is remodeled. Came out this morning to that. To answer another person's question yes it has been windy with a cold front coming in. Doesn't excuse this at all. I was able to get some good photos and I'm going to get an estimate... Just frustrating I have to do this...[/QUO
Yeah I parked all the way at the back of the parking lot last night. I'm staying at a hotel while my home is remodeled. Came out this morning to that. To answer another person's question yes it has been windy with a cold front coming in. Doesn't excuse this at all. I was able to get some good photos and I'm going to get an estimate... Just frustrating I have to do this...
Hopefully the hotel has cameras in the parking lot and a registry of guests/cars so you can get info for the police report. It will help in the insurance process.
Edit: I see this has already been suggested. I do hope you get quick resolution to this. Good Luck.

Last edited:

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
One more reason why I want a dash cam.

The only problem with the dash cam is that you don't get very much life on the vehicle battery. Couple hours at best before your voltage detector (you are running one right?) shuts it off. If you don't have a voltage detector you are going to ruin your battery post haste. The other options are additional battery packs - but you won't get much life out of those either.

Doc

Reaction score
If you haven't already speak with the Hotel. They may be able to get you video off the camera's in the lot, which you can provide to the Police to file a report, that may help with the insurance claim.

Sorry to see the damage, it is heartbreaking.
Good idea

R

ramit2019

Today it all started!! tinted the windows, Within the last two days ive ordered fuel assualt 12x9+1 with 33/12.50/20 nitto ridge grapplers. Magnaflow black tip cat back, rough country 2" leveling kit. Air lift ultimate 5000 plus for the rear! needless to say next week its going to look like a completely different truck!! pretty exicited and hope i didn't screw the look up with the rims and tires i picked!

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
35% tint in the front windows. And PPF on the front end, mirrors, door edges, fender flares, ramboxes, tailgate edge, and bumper face. Keeping dirty hands/gloves from messing up the paint was a priority.

fat trout

Reaction score
Just did a little razor knife work to make the rubber bed mat from my GMC crew cab fit my new Ram....yeah, im a cheap *** and swiped it out of the gmc before i traded it. New step rails arrive tomorrow

Brobee

Reaction score
Ordered up my Husky HUL-54501 Liners X-act Contour Floor Liners for $110.25 shipped.

sass

Reaction score
Just installed my gatorback mud flaps... old man thinking here... took a little extra time due to I wasn’t on level ground till the last half an hour to get into the garage. Lol

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my BlackVue 590w 2 channel dash cam. Blendmount for radar detector. Routed a short outdoor extension chord to the towhook so 8E131098-8D56-433E-AA3D-B41F30E46813.jpeg 4AE9B335-3FB1-47A9-A1F4-DF7205B282AA.jpeg 3B36A14E-E4E7-42EC-A5C6-AA15D01BAD28.jpeg FA17ABDD-441F-4B0C-B6F5-A009B05685ED.jpeg I don’t need to open the hood to plug in when the temp gets down here and then installed a fancy bed divider.

Lettika

Reaction score
Very sweet!! I was looking at the blendmount. Is there anyway to make the top of the Radar Dectector flush with the bottom of the mirror using that mount?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very sweet!! I was looking at the blendmount. Is there anyway to make the top of the Radar Dectector flush with the bottom of the mirror using that mount?
Unfortunately no. The angle of the steel post that holds the mirror forces you to drop it like I have done in order to allow the mirror to be moved freely. I was a little miffed that large plastic shroud for the auto dimming headlights is empty as the Rebel not have that feature however it made a convenient location to bundle and hide extra cable from the rear camera. It’s hollow.

Users who are viewing this thread