5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scott4399

Reaction score
Any comments on how it feels/drives with the leveling kit? That few inches really makes the Rebel look right. I am debating it myself. How much did the shop charge you to do the level by the way? Thanks.
I haven't noticed any change besides getting higher lol, shop charged me $125

JAK

Reaction score
No drone at all. It's actually much louder than I expected for what they describe as a "sleeper" system. There is nothing sleeper about it.

Cmoar

Reaction score
Had the muffler shop pull my resonators off yesterday. I hated the way they sounded with my Borla muffler. I made a before and after resonators video if anyone is curious. It made a big difference in the sound quality, but still not noticeable in the cab at cruising speeds, even with MDS on. Very happy

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Had the muffler shop pull my resonators off yesterday. I hated the way they sounded with my Borla muffler. I made a before and after resonators video if anyone is curious. It made a big difference in the sound quality, but still not noticeable in the cab at cruising speeds, even with MDS on. Very happy
Post the link, I'd like to hear it.

Cmoar

Reaction score
Post the link, I'd like to hear it.

I liked the subdued sound with the resonators inside the cab, but hated the air through the weep holes outside. Without them it sounds really good outside, and the only difference inside is when accelerating. No drone either way. Both starts are cold starts in the video.

I should note that I wanted a quieter muffler on this truck. We are in a lot of camp sites, and I always felt bad leaving out early.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I liked the subdued sound with the resonators inside the cab, but hated the air through the weep holes outside. Without them it sounds really good outside, and the only difference inside is when accelerating. No drone either way. Both starts are cold starts in the video.

I should note that I wanted a quieter muffler on this truck. We are in a lot of camp sites, and I always felt bad leaving out early.

Sound great with out resonators, similar to mine. I have the Borla XR1 MUFFLER with no resonators behind the tips. I love it. Better than my previous flowmaster

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
All windows tinted including the sunroof. All windows are dark as law will allow in NC, sunroof got a "clear UV blocker". Borla XS Pro installed.
Dropped her off at the body shop to get the door ding and scratch on Rambox that was there at delivery fixed. Body shop is also going to look at the issue of the two tailgate cables not being taught when tailgate is lowered.

Mine isn’t taught either, just thought that is the way they are. Wonder if I should have mine looked at.

Autoplay

Reaction score
Mine isn’t taught either, just thought that is the way they are. Wonder if I should have mine looked at.
What I happened to notice today,as I have the tight/slack cable issue with tailgate open is..........

On each side of the bed,where the tailgate locks into,is two sheet metal pieces,spot welded in areas etc....from the top of bed to bottom of bed. The side (in my case,the passenger side) that is tight,the piece of spot welded sheet metal,is higher up,in comparison,to the slack/driver side.

I looked very briefly if there was a way for adjustment,via a nut/bolt where the tailgate pivots,and where the cables attach,and saw nothing in a five second glance.

Possibly others can look at theirs,and see if sheet metal end caps are higher/lower from each other. Mine appeared to be an 1/16”-1/8” difference.

Remixznflow

Reaction score
I cried... So pissed right now... Who does this mess and then isn't man or woman enough to own up?? 20181125_155730.jpg 20181125_155720.jpg

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar Bed Step today. Very easy install, it was not just like the directions called for though, but easy enough to see what was supposed to happen. Step deploy's perfectly. I have to work on my technique for putting it away as you need to push it forward only and your inclination is to push it down and forward. Really glad I held out for the Mopar unit though. The others don't look nearly as clean when put away!!
What was different on the install? Mine just arrived, haven’t installed it yet. Any tips?

Just installed my AMP Bed Rxtender today, works great.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cried... So pissed right now... Who does this mess and then isn't man or woman enough to own up?? View attachment 8901 View attachment 8902
Wow...they either kicked their door open (and did serious damage to their own door) or hit you with a bumper. You don’t get that from a minor slip. Sorry to see that...no respect of others’ hard-earned possessions.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I bought mine..then immediately pulled the RAM logos off the doors.
Wheels, tires, and tint next.
(Pic before the badge removal)

Attachments

• 20181121_170516-01.jpeg
    20181121_170516-01.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 173

Users who are viewing this thread