5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MattF

Reaction score
Great looking truck. The wheels don't look like Sport Package wheels though.....

Matt

RamRod41

Reaction score
Great looking truck. The wheels don't look like Sport Package wheels though.....

Matt

Yeah didn’t like the bigger wheels so I had them swapped out. Saved me some coin too. I plan on getting aftermarket wheels anyways.

Lettika

Reaction score
What was different on the install? Mine just arrived, haven’t installed it yet. Any tips?

Just installed my AMP Bed Rxtender today, works great.

It is actually easier than the directions indicate. On mine I used two of the existing bolts and only added one bolt from the kit. You don't have to unplug the electric connection but you will want to pull it off of its mount. I used some zip ties when it all went back together to route the electrical where I wanted it. Out of the way and not threatened by the movement of the step. The step is sweet. You are going to like it. Takes a little practice to put it away without it SLAMMING.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Installed the OEM tow hooks up front.

ccb38e44-8670-4506-b2cc-6e209a169750-jpeg.8457

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had an Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover installed and Husky mudflaps that don't fit worth a darn. Should be replaced by the Weathertechs that I initially asked for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lateralus

Reaction score
what did you pay and where from?
discount tire direct website, $1,260 before rebates. 10% off for cyber Monday, and 10% for using their card. Will end up at $1,008 total.
They should get here Friday and I'll mount them up this weekend.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer for service. I had this odd chirp coming from my brakes. It sounded just like a suspension squeak when hitting bumps but then I noticed a pattern where if my brakes were lightly applied, no odd sounds.

When the brakes are lightly applied, it picks up the slack if you will so there is really only 2 things that could be wrong, the slide pins aren’t properly lubed or the caliper is not correctly clipped or shimmed.

The tech took a ride with me to hear the chirp and then tore into it to find that the slide pins were not properly greased from the factory. A little grease and it’s all quiet now.

itsrname2

Reaction score
Reading through this entire thread, and you guys have made me think long and hard about protecting the paint. I live in the northeast. Is it really worth it for the average person to go through the hours of labor to wax, etc to protect the paint? If so, is there any good reading about the best way to go about it? Thanks!

Where in the north east are you? I am in Maryland and the guy who did mine was awesome. It was 1200 lifetime warranty ceramic.

itsrname2

Reaction score
I had my truck ceramic coated this weekend, im glad i had it done. He found a small rust spot on the roof. Having the dealership fix it next week.

Attachments

• 31CDD857-B281-4E0B-ABA5-6FF7BC6BAFF2.jpeg
    31CDD857-B281-4E0B-ABA5-6FF7BC6BAFF2.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 190
  • FF77C3F7-0127-4B7F-AA90-894DDE5503A6.jpeg
    FF77C3F7-0127-4B7F-AA90-894DDE5503A6.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 190

geotex1

Reaction score
Where in the north east are you? I am in Maryland and the guy who did mine was awesome. It was 1200 lifetime warranty ceramic.

I'd be curious where in MD at that price and what product and level of protection was included if you wouldn't mind sharing.

itsrname2

Reaction score
I'd be curious where in MD at that price and what product and level of protection was included if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Glen burnie. He gave me 100 off because I am a veteran. Here is his website. Its a product called system x. They have different levels but I went with the lifetime, and after he was done I had to register the warranty on the system x website. Even if I move I can have it fixed at another system x detailer. He also has a Facebook page and he answers messages fast. Tell him Bryan Thompson sent you if you get it done.

https://tunerxpressions.com

Lettika

Reaction score
Mine isn’t taught either, just thought that is the way they are. Wonder if I should have mine looked at.

Let me know if you do and there is some resolution. My dealership nor the associated body shop could come up with anything. They gave me new cables, but the cable length is not the issue, it is the distance on the attachment points. I am going to try to shorten one of the new cables by about 2mm or 1/8" and put it on the drivers side. Sux to have to do this to a new vehicle but I off loaded a transmission the other night and I was cringing when it was on the tailgate. I knew something was going to bend but it didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread