5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bookemdano

Reaction score
Nice, how much did it cost you? Add it yourself?

Curious did you also tune it? Was reading in another forum, some members were mentioning if you add it, you should also have it tuned.
It was about $1k from the dealer. Everyplace I looked online it was about $750, but then they tacked on $250-$400 for freight! The box is big, but it's only 30lbs!!! Anyway, dealer ordered it, got it the next day, and while I was there had a free oil change. It worked for me.

I installed it myself. Pretty simple process. The hardest part was reaching the cowling clips at the firewall, and I'm 6'1"! :LOL: No tuning. I might start looking into that sort of thing when the mileage is higher. At 6700, I'm still just trying to keep the warranty intact.

SNVulkan

Reaction score
Got my truck back last week. It was at the dealer for a week and a day (they didn't make an appointment with the body shop so they couldn't fit me in for a bit). Turns out it was the third brake light leak. Fixed it with a $10 gasket. It was $425 with the labor to take the headliner out and clean it. Luckily it was $0 for me. Happy I found the leak under warranty. I'm just happy I have it back. Driving the fiancée's Subaru Crosstrek was brutal for a dude that's 6'5"! I didn't feel like myself the whole week!

Jr22

Reaction score
Got my Diode Dynamics 30” light bar installed using @Shifts And Grins Fab hidden brackets, I’m excited to see it at night, I’ll post a couple pictures. One thing I’ll mention is the brackets for the front bumper on my big horn are quite different than the ones on the rebel so I ended up drilling two holes but overall not to bad. View attachment 117419
Next thing to do is to give my baby a wash
do you have the part# for the lower grill? The lower grill on my 20 limited is filled in like the tow hook covers you have

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received my EGR slimline in-channel window visors, but have to wait for it to warm up to install. Directions show above 60 degrees to install.

Jr22

Reaction score
I used PN 68334531AD and it fits but its not as perfectly flush as the origional solid one, I dont mind it though. I think the part number @grimreefer listed might be a better.
I looked up the part @grimreefer said it doesnt seem like it has the two mounts for the sensors. How ever the picture on the part # you provided does have the mounts for the two grill sensors

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Painted some things the past couple of days

View attachment 117776 View attachment 117777
Good taste my man. I actually thought about red tow hooks. But since I love hydro blue, I just painted them as close to that blue as I can.

I had those same RAM blue decals...but I didn't do it on this ram because it has the unique grill.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked up the part @grimreefer said it doesnt seem like it has the two mounts for the sensors. How ever the picture on the part # you provided does have the mounts for the two grill sensors
Huh that’s odd, I just searched the part number he posted and some results do have park sensors and some don’t like you said. Here is one which does have holes in it with that part number

Here’s the exact link where I got mine https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/75663268/68334531AD.html

It says it’s specific to the eco diesel trucks but that’s just because there’s an intercooler behind there instead of nothing on the v8 trucks. And if it doesn’t fit right I think these places offer returns.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Just installed the OEM bed step ( Part # 82215289AH ) on my ‘19. To anyone who is on the fence about shelling out the $$$ like I was, just do it. This thing is built like a tank and feels rock solid when standing with all of your weight on it. Highly recommend.

7193b0a764041a406c2b83cdfd602e7a.jpg

6219a346f67cbcbb067d31b8f0d29aeb.jpg

TexasDrone

Reaction score
A very interesting side hustle! Do your clients run the gamut of demand, or are they primarily tourism based? While an RV is seen as primarily tourist based, anyone needing temporary housing would be a potential client. The portability and delivery are bonuses. That price per night is much more than for a motel / hotel, so I'm guessing there is some reason this option is still appealing.

Most of the clients are Horse show people so they tell me where the show is for the week and they just show up and enjoy.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2021 RAM 3500 Blackout Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL
2021 Luxe Elite 42FL
2022 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L-Summit

Avayel

Reaction score
Good taste my man. I actually thought about red tow hooks. But since I love hydro blue, I just painted them as close to that blue as I can.

I had those same RAM blue decals...but I didn't do it on this ram because it has the unique grill.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks man! I thought about doing the blue tow hooks as well but I thought the red would be a nice accent and nod to the red interior I have.

I was able to get hydro blue spray paint so that’s what I used for the grill RAM letters. Love it!

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
Just installed the OEM bed step ( Part # 82215289AH ) on my ‘19. To anyone who is on the fence about shelling out the $$$ like I was, just do it. This thing is built like a tank and feels rock solid when standing with all of your weight on it. Highly recommend.

7193b0a764041a406c2b83cdfd602e7a.jpg

6219a346f67cbcbb067d31b8f0d29aeb.jpg
Anyone compare the OEM step to the AMP Research step. AMP step looks wider and also seems to protrude more than the OEM.

*Edit: they're also pretty much the same price ~$290

1642884426794.png

Users who are viewing this thread