5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing fun, but dropped the Rebel off at the dealer for:
-exhaust manifold ticking and fumes in cab
- hard downshift 4-3 and 8-7
- gas tank won't fill
- mis-aligned rambox lids
- shudder at highway speed- feels like dragging brakes, or binding diff.

We'll see how it turns out!
Is that all? :oops:

SNVulkan

Reaction score
I think you already know, but my dad owns a auto repair business that’s been in business since 1971. Over the years, a lot of trouble vehicles from Waldorf Dodge have come to our shop and we have repaired them under warranty. Waldorf Dodge used to be great, but I don’t trust them anymore and they don’t have a good selection of vehicles on the lot.

Chriswell is usually my second choice, but they don’t have a good selection either, and their FNI guys **** me off.

i’ve bought two vehicles in a row from ourisman Hyundai, and don’t like their sales tactics, which is why I was very pleasantly surprised with the ram dealer. Everyone was clear and upfront with me.

I know guys at Prince Frederick, but no one is allowed to give family discounts any more ( which I think is actually them blowing smoke) so that’s why i didn’t choose them.
Over the past few years I've used Ourisman of Bowie, Prince Frederick Dodge, and Waldorf Dodge. I'd have to say Ourisman of Bowie was the best sales experience. But I live 10 minutes south of Prince Frederick so I use them for service under warranty. Honestly never thought I'd see someone talking about Calvert County dealers on here! Haha

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Over the past few years I've used Ourisman of Bowie, Prince Frederick Dodge, and Waldorf Dodge. I'd have to say Ourisman of Bowie was the best sales experience. But I live 10 minutes south of Prince Frederick so I use them for service under warranty. Honestly never thought I'd see someone talking about Calvert County dealers on here! Haha
Yeah, small world! I’m in Dunkirk

Morenar

Reaction score
Early Christmas present from the wife. Just picked the truck up from the lift shop. Readylift 3.5 but Used the bilstein 5100 adjustable in front instead of the preload spacer and also added the 5100 in the rear. Rides great!

Attachments

• 17232590-3148-40B2-BD21-ADEEB8DF8690.jpeg
    17232590-3148-40B2-BD21-ADEEB8DF8690.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 199
  • B0DE6575-6FE0-464A-AC84-D3BB4FE4E196.jpeg
    B0DE6575-6FE0-464A-AC84-D3BB4FE4E196.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DC6B4ADA-FCFD-48A0-BDB2-CFEFE754E3F8.jpeg
    DC6B4ADA-FCFD-48A0-BDB2-CFEFE754E3F8.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 197

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Early Christmas present from the wife. Just picked the truck up from the lift shop. Readylift 3.5 but Used the bilstein 5100 adjustable in front instead of the preload spacer and also added the 5100 in the rear. Rides great!
looks great!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is perfect. Exactly what want to do n my rebel.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks incredible what size tires and what offset are those wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ibanez540r

Reaction score

Where or who did you find that has the Bilstein 5100s!?

Jr22

Reaction score
Finally got time to take a picture after picking her up from 4inch BDS air, Wheels, tires and rotors. I have been driving it non stop with a smile on my face the whole time. I love the way it turned out Front Screen Shot.jpg

more pics on a thread i just started dont want to spam on this one

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
bilsteinlifts.com I pieced all my parts over the past 6 months. Waiting patiently for things to come and then ordered them.
OK, yeah I'm still "patiently" waiting too. I've got the rears, but need the fronts. The 5100s were supposed to be back in November, then got pushed to December, now everyone is saying March 2022. Sucks.. Now I'm going to have to put my tires on now and get an alignment to make it through winter, then do the level and alignment again when they come in.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally got time to take a picture after picking her up from 4inch BDS air, Wheels, tires and rotors. I have been driving it non stop with a smile on my face the whole time. I love the way it turned out View attachment 114408

more pics on a thread i just started dont want to spam on this one
looks great!

Mjgain

Reaction score
Nothing fun, but dropped the Rebel off at the dealer for:
-exhaust manifold ticking and fumes in cab
- hard downshift 4-3 and 8-7
- gas tank won't fill
- mis-aligned rambox lids
- shudder at highway speed- feels like dragging brakes, or binding diff.

We'll see how it turns out!

Dealer found nothing wrong with manifolds. All bolts intact and could not duplicate ticking.

Transmission flashed to latest software and drives much better

Dealer ordered a new filler neck for the gas tank. Will have to drop the truck off again for install in a couple of weeks.

Ramboxes look worse than when I dropped them off. They will redo them when I drop off for gas filler neck

Dealer flashed something for the shudder. Not sure if it was the power steering TSB fix or not. The steering feels tighter, but did not take it on the highway.

Dealer also ordered parts for the tailgate. They said that there is a new fix for a "hard close" situation. I guess my VIN is affected. Never really noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online