5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Started the de-chroming process on the truck. Removed the side emblems, rear emblems, and replaced the front RAM and rear ram head with matte black. So much cleaner. The hood emblems are coming from Santa. I'll take care of the chrome rims in the Spring.

PXL_20211211_014056168.NIGHT.jpg

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
Not "today", but over the past week: debadged it, detailed it, polished and sealed the paint, installed a Bedrug and a Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau cover.

Monday she goes in for a clear bra and ceramic window tint (all windows).
Clear bra is a smart idea.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
Started the de-chroming process on the truck. Removed the side emblems, rear emblems, and replaced the front RAM and rear ram head with matte black. So much cleaner. The hood emblems are coming from Santa. I'll take care of the chrome rims in the Spring.

View attachment 113713
I did this to mine. Super easy. I'm in Los Angeles. So, I let it sit in the sun for an hour, then took some fishing line and "sawed" right through the adhesive. I purchased a black emblem package for about $125 on Ebay and within forty-five minutes I had re-badged the truck.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this actually posted in any manuals or is this just your experience from it? I haven't found any actual info about it.

WReckeR

Reaction score
They had a spotter at an intersection. I was stopped at a red light. I picked up my phone to look at a recent text. They pulled me over a block away after I left the intersection.
You can't look at your phone while stopped at a red light?! Only off the road and in park, I'm guessing? Wow.

Devil's advocacy, yeah, distracted driving is definitely causing accidents nationwide. We all push the limits. Nevertheless, tickets are very frustrating.

WReckeR

Reaction score

View attachment 113713
There's a reason the Night Edition was very popular the last couple years.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Upgraded my console cup holder. It took 3 months to get the bottom bin due to shortages but I finally got it. View attachment 113725
View attachment 113726 View attachment 113727
I have the whole limited console in my bighorn. Unless I'm showing off the truck to someone, I find I always keep the console a notch back and have the cup holder open. So you really can't see any of the fancy parts. Lol

It does look great all closed up though, and the leather side pieces are nicer to have than the painted. Have you thought about swapping those? I'm sure they are not cheap.

I also swapped the limited arm rest cover for a laramie with the ram on it. Hated how it said limited.. like I was pretending to be something I'm not.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

schmidtp43

Reaction score
I'm about to repaint mine. Some of the paint started to chip off. Did you remove the pieces or just tape as best as possible

I removed the hood and tailgate (debadged doors and lower tailgate) emblems since I did a two step paint between color and black and it took a few days and I daily the truck in winter. The front RAM emblem I just taped around since I just painted it gloss black one afternoon. All were chrome, just scuffed with 400 grit, then a quality primer, then paint.

R.A.M

Reaction score
Yeah, I staid with the stock 22's this time (285/45R22). Might try the 305's next time as there seems to be plenty of room for them.
305/55 will rub brother. I had to take a mallet to the inner wheel well. All good now

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed the hood and tailgate (debadged doors and lower tailgate) emblems since I did a two step paint between color and black and it took a few days and I daily the truck in winter. The front RAM emblem I just taped around since I just painted it gloss black one afternoon. All were chrome, just scuffed with 400 grit, then a quality primer, then paint.
Yeah I did the same to mine, painted them all blue to match the color of my truck. I have another set, but want to do something a little different. Guess I'll start sanding and taping these. I feel like taking them apart so I can paint them all apart, but ugh it is so much work.

R.A.M

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a chrome tailgate cap? I've tried searching the forum 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread