5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those who tow some expensive toys this ones for you. I installed a Rockstar tow flap on my truck. We move our boats and skis a lot in the summer through some crummy roads and I wanted to save the fiberglass the best I could mostly because I suck at repairing gel coat…

Also asked Santa for a nitro bass boat so hoping he sees my readiness to tow a nice boat and leaves the boat in my driveway on Xmas…

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those who tow some expensive toys this ones for you. I installed a Rockstar tow flap on my truck. We move our boats and skis a lot in the summer through some crummy roads and I wanted to save the fiberglass the best I could mostly because I suck at repairing gel coat…

Also asked Santa for a nitro bass boat so hoping he sees my readiness to tow a nice boat and leaves the boat in my driveway on Xmas…

Did you ever post a review on your Icon suspension?

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emptied out my catch can and idk why one of the hoses got this way? It's as if it was dipped in oil. It got super soft and gunky...

20211209_142517.jpg 20211209_144009.jpg

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Emptied out my catch can and idk why one of the hoses got this way? It's as if it was dipped in oil. It got super soft and gunky...

View attachment 113423 View attachment 113424
It's probably heater hose or similar, you need nylon hose for fuel/oil.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's probably heater hose or similar, you need nylon hose for fuel/oil.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

That's exactly what it is, heater hose. Thanks for the link, I'll be switching the lines out!

What brand catch can are you using?

I got it used from a buddy that ran it for a couple years on his HEMI Cherokee and it still working great for me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's exactly what it is, heater hose. Thanks for the link, I'll be switching the lines out!

I got it used from a buddy that ran it for a couple years on his HEMI Cherokee and it still working great for me.
Okay, was thinking they were the crappy hose that comes with cheap catch cans. But sounds like you just grabbed the wrong stuff when your buddy gave it to you. BilletTech can is good stuff

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:

Got my Course Motorsports MagSafe Magnetic Charging Mount installed for my iPhone 12. Very clean mount that attaches from behind the radio bezel. Charging mount attaches to the ball bezel mount. Simple ring that attaches to your phone with 3m tape. Magnet is around the perimeter and charger is in the center. Unobstructed dash access. Phone is Always in view. Easy phone access.
With my Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay, phone auto connects as soon as it’s in the truck. Reads my texts to me and asks if I want to respond. Full access to Siri voice command for phone use, navigation, etc.
Very nice setup! After getting a $364 ticket for touching my phone, I’m happy to say I’m truly hands free.
Running my charger power cord behind the radio bezel this weekend to complete the clean install.
Here’s a link on the mount install using just the Direct Fit standard magnetic mount:

5F55E954-4593-4040-8D26-83775A3A80DE.jpeg

37B6E02D-7130-4921-89E8-826552237CDB.jpeg

6EE5207C-0270-45EC-A754-87BE81300FDF.jpeg

Last edited:

d21arren

Reaction score
Update:

Got my Course Motorsports MagSafe Magnetic Charging Mount installed for my iPhone 12. Very clean mount that attaches from behind the radio bezel. Charging mount attaches to the ball bezel mount. Simple ring that attaches to your phone with 3m tape. Magnet is around the perimeter and charger is in the center. Unobstructed dash access. Phone is Always in view. Easy phone access.
With my Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay, phone auto connects as soon as it’s in the truck. Reads my texts to me and asks if I want to respond. Full access to Siri voice command for phone use, navigation, etc.
Very nice setup! After getting a $364 ticket for touching my phone, I’m happy to say I’m truly hands free.
Running my charger power cord behind the radio bezel this weekend to complete the clean install.
Here’s a link on the mount install using just the Direct Fit standard magnetic mount:

View attachment 113491

View attachment 113483

View attachment 113484
Nice setup, I have purchased this and need to get it installed. Please post pictures after you hide the chord also.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:

View attachment 113491

View attachment 113483

View attachment 113484

I just installed one two. I agree 100% I bought a MagSafe phone cover. So I didn’t need to use the ring. I was surprised how strong it hold.

I need to order the Carlinkit still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Parked it at the Appalachian Trail and took the dog on a short 5 mile hike:

whzZmJL.jpg

LDKYGa2.jpg
TWYN6tG.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took that dealer name decal off of my truck tonight. Really you expect me to give you free advertising? Nope. If you want free advertising you should have cut me a better deal! LOL

The best part is it looks so much cleaner now!!

I occasionally see out of state vehicles with dealer decals on the body, which isn't a common custom in CA. The most a dealer will do here is a license plate frame. Though CARMAX is trying really hard to make it a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread