5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
“What I did today” was discover that our trucks are no faster than a new Chevy Silverado 5.3.
Nothing planned or anything just a random guy at a stop light, we took off and literally stayed with each other exactly.
This makes me want a tune…

5.3 trucks have similar torque but are 50hp less than the 5.7 ram. They should be fairly equal from a stop light but after 40-60mph you should have driven away.
Probably those 👸 3.92 gears mountain whiskey recommends.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm suppose to be buying Christmas presents..but instead I just drove to pick this up from tire rack in delaware...falken wildpeak at3w...275/65/r20. (To go along with the fuel rims I have)

I thought about upgrading to a full 35" tire, but I played it safe with 34" on the Rebel. I don't want to change much on the suspension, but wanted to reduce tire noise from the 33" duratrac.

80f6bda888bfc571cf23dc407c1fb532.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Is that the Mopar bed extender?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5.3 trucks have similar torque but are 50hp less than the 5.7 ram. They should be fairly equal from a stop light but after 40-60mph you should have driven away.
Probably those 👸 3.92 gears mountain whiskey recommends.

Sorry, couldn't resist
lol, truck should be quicker with 3.92's right? not that i really care, these things haul *** for being trucks :ROFLMAO:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the Course Motorsports MagSafe Magnetic Carger to my truck today. It’s the charging magnetic pad. This along with the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless ApplePlay is a great setup. I’m going to run my power cord behind the radio bezel down to a USB C plug.

Here’s a link in case anyone is interested:

F1C8470B-9191-4258-9205-BBE62FBE7D10.jpeg
DD77B408-F530-432C-AF3A-5EF57BFB67CA.jpeg

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not worried. Maybe if I was modified more, but basically stock, so should be able to handle it. And it's not a constant thing. Few nights a year. Make 6-10 passes a night
Had to try it and well… You weren’t kidding about launching in 4x4. Damn these trucks move!

Attachments

• 77A28972-0B28-4519-BE20-FA8E92D2BB39.jpeg
    77A28972-0B28-4519-BE20-FA8E92D2BB39.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 86

BowDown

Reaction score
lol, truck should be quicker with 3.92's right? not that i really care, these things haul *** for being trucks :ROFLMAO:

I think below 20-30 mph it would be slightly quicker but after that being able to stay in a gear longer and not having a shift slow your momentum would be a bit faster.

CMil527

Reaction score
Drop dead Gorgeous!! how's the ride on those 24's? i've been thinking about some myself.
Thank you... drives good, no real complaints at all about the lower aspect ratio or the lowering links. Definitely a lil less forgiving over bumps but I love how it looks so it's a fair trade off!

CanRebel

Reaction score
I'm suppose to be buying Christmas presents..but instead I just drove to pick this up from tire rack in delaware...falken wildpeak at3w...275/65/r20. (To go along with the fuel rims I have)

I thought about upgrading to a full 35" tire, but I played it safe with 34" on the Rebel. I don't want to change much on the suspension, but wanted to reduce tire noise from the 33" duratrac.

80f6bda888bfc571cf23dc407c1fb532.jpg

2021 Ram Rebel
I did the same on my Rebel. I went with 295/60/20 Falken's

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the Course Motorsports MagSafe Magnetic Carger to my truck today. It’s the charging magnetic pad. This along with the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless ApplePlay is a great setup. I’m going to run my power cord behind the radio bezel down to a USB C plug.

Here’s a link in case anyone is interested:

View attachment 112964
View attachment 112963

Nice I order one too. Should be here in few days.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Painted and installed the Hellwig. Big difference. Set to the middle hole. All the reports of the truck feeling more planted and stable are absolutely true. Big difference in the corners, but even on the highway you can tell when changing lanes. The stock one looks and feels like a toy in comparison (huge weight difference). About a 2 out of 10 on the skills required to swap it out. If you have the tools ready, it’s a 15 min job tops.
Man this is probably a dumb question but how did you paint it? It comes with that textured powder coat so I wasn’t sure if I could sand that off or what exactly I needed to do to get the paint to adhere to the bar and be smooth like yours. Thanks!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice I order one too. Should be here in few days.
The power cord that comes with it is a USB C to USB.
My truck comes with the USB C and USB ports above the consul. I like to keep my USB ports free for other things. I have my recorded music on a USB so that only leaves one USB open. I ordered a USB C to USB C cord with 90* connections off Amazon so that I can do this.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the same on my Rebel. I went with 295/60/20 Falken's
Any rubbing on yours? I tried to play it safe and not go too wide. Worst case is trimming the inside plastic in the front

2021 Ram Rebel

CanRebel

Reaction score
Any rubbing on yours? I tried to play it safe and not go too wide. Worst case is trimming the inside plastic in the front

2021 Ram Rebel
None.
Like you, I didn't want to go too much. But didn't have to trim anything.

On_Boooost

Reaction score
Thanks you...Factory air suspension with lowering links..probably around an 1.25". This pic is in entry/exit mode.
Hi,

I LOOOOve the look of your truck..... I have a 2022 on order in Diamond Black. It arrives here (IN Australia) this week and remanufacture to RHD is scheduled for late January.....

I have purchased a number of items (LOL) already for the truck i don't have incl: Lowering Links, Tinted rear light film, light bar and grill - but also want the MGP covers - I have them on my last 2 x F150's - but when I try to order from MGP - it asks me for the rear caliper style - As i am yet to get my truck - can you tell me whet type yours has? or do you know anyway I can find out?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

CMil527

Reaction score
Hi,

I LOOOOve the look of your truck..... I have a 2022 on order in Diamond Black. It arrives here (IN Australia) this week and remanufacture to RHD is scheduled for late January.....

I have purchased a number of items (LOL) already for the truck i don't have incl: Lowering Links, Tinted rear light film, light bar and grill - but also want the MGP covers - I have them on my last 2 x F150's - but when I try to order from MGP - it asks me for the rear caliper style - As i am yet to get my truck - can you tell me whet type yours has? or do you know anyway I can find out?

Thanks in advance,
Simon
Thank you... it really depends on the assembly line what caliper is used. Mine actually used the older style and i had to accommodate for that. But as i recall its only the brackets they send you that is affected by the caliper style. If you are dealing with MGP directly they should be able to send you both style brackets... Good luck!

On_Boooost

Reaction score
Ohhh, And now..... just bought the B2 exhaust AND 5 inch tips...... its a sickness - don't even have the truck!!!

On_Boooost

Reaction score
Thank you... it really depends on the assembly line what caliper is used. Mine actually used the older style and i had to accommodate for that. But as i recall its only the brackets they send you that is affected by the caliper style. If you are dealing with MGP directly they should be able to send you both style brackets... Good luck!
Thanks - I will send an email to MGP and see what they say!

Appreciate the fast reply!!!!

I promised i wasn't going to modify this truck - I still have my F150 - and am readying it for sale - have a PILE of take off parts here..... but now I have ordered or received:

Screen Protector
Rough Country Light Bar kit
Mopar Lower Grill kit
B2 Exhaust
B2 Tips
Luxe light tints F+R
Lowering Links

Will it ever stop?????

Users who are viewing this thread