5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I didn’t take pictures, I actually used mine like a truck today. I had to make a trip to Tractor Supply to get some garden fence, posts, mulch, and dirt so I could fill in some holes around three crape myrtles my dog has decided (1) has too much dirt around the bottom, and (2) they are too tall so she decided to break off some of the top branches and chew on them.

Heres the temporary fix.
9ACF1C8D-868E-45E3-B76B-838DFADF3D1A.jpeg

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks - I will send an email to MGP and see what they say!

Appreciate the fast reply!!!!

I promised i wasn't going to modify this truck - I still have my F150 - and am readying it for sale - have a PILE of take off parts here..... but now I have ordered or received:

Screen Protector
Rough Country Light Bar kit
Mopar Lower Grill kit
B2 Exhaust
B2 Tips
Luxe light tints F+R
Lowering Links

Will it ever stop?????
It never ends!

mb3

Reaction score
Today, I loader her with wood to build a floor in my attic. I also put a new fire pit and some storage bins in the bed with the wood. The day before she had Christmas presents and groceries.

Bob.

Reaction score
I got train horns!!

I got the train horns off the last truck which was a Silverado and put them into the Ram. This kit is a Kleinn GM-KIT 1. I had to custom fit them to work on the Ram.
I placed the air compressor and air tank into the cooler. Everything is bolted down so it can't slide around. The yellow air line is my tank drain which runs to the tailgate of the truck. I put back the tonneau cover and no one sees what I got in back in the body. The cooler protects the air compressor in the event I use the truck like a truck.

The horns are under the passenger door, You can see the horns a little if you look. I angled them down so if rain gets in, it will drain.
Tested and working. Took a long time to install over 12 hours. No joking. painstakingly slow to do.

Best part about this set-up you don't hear the air compressor running unless you stand on the side of the body stop be still and listen. The cooler has great sound proofing qualities!

Look at the frame. The thinnest metal I've ever seen!

air compressor.jpg air horns.jpg

Tgryphon

Reaction score
Man this is probably a dumb question but how did you paint it? It comes with that textured powder coat so I wasn’t sure if I could sand that off or what exactly I needed to do to get the paint to adhere to the bar and be smooth like yours. Thanks!
Taped off the ends. Scotch pad scuff the whole bar with a thorough iso alcohol wipe down. Krylon Fusion rattle can spray with a really light first layer dried well to make sure it had a good tacky base, then 4 to 5 coats with about 15 min on average in between. 2 hours dry before any significant handling.

Reactions: c3k

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Taped off the ends. Scotch pad scuff the whole bar with a thorough iso alcohol wipe down. Krylon Fusion rattle can spray with a really light first layer dried well to make sure it had a good tacky base, then 4 to 5 coats with about 15 min on average in between. 2 hours dry before any significant handling.
That easy? Dang that’s cool! I definitely think I’ll paint mine either burnt copper or chrome soon. Thanks man

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Finally installed some white rock lights. I didn’t like the lights that came with the Amp steps and I really wanted something that lit up the ground more like a puddle light. Found a way to mount these so they shine on the ground and on the steps and they look 100% factory. Tapped the wires into the footwell light so they turn on when I unlock the truck or open the door. Pics make them seem bright and you can see the 4 individual lights, but in person you can’t tell it’s 4 lights & it really just looks like a high end factory option. Matches the brightness and color of the factory lights nearly spot on. Total cost $20. 3D8B3166-0CC0-45AA-AA0B-E6E81E0D3B67.jpeg 17F0CB0A-5571-4633-94A8-8229184B1DB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 8DF683F4-F785-449B-BAD7-A25DF1824729.jpeg
    8DF683F4-F785-449B-BAD7-A25DF1824729.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 67

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally installed some white rock lights. I didn’t like the lights that came with the Amp steps and I really wanted something that lit up the ground more like a puddle light. Found a way to mount these so they shine on the ground and on the steps and they look 100% factory. Tapped the wires into the footwell light so they turn on when I unlock the truck or open the door. Pics make them seem bright and you can see the 4 individual lights, but in person you can’t tell it’s 4 lights & it really just looks like a high end factory option. Matches the brightness and color of the factory lights nearly spot on. Total cost $20. View attachment 113072 View attachment 113073
Nice! Can you pose a link to the lights? I’m looking to do something similar with mine.

ABess

Reaction score
Had the windows tinted, 25% all the way around (Except the windshield....it has the strip at 25%). Then I moved a kingsized bed for my daughter.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I bought 20" Bighorn Chrome wheels from @MG99 a month ago, wrapped them in Blizzak DM-V2s in OEM size (275/55/R20) and installed them on the RAM 1500 Limited Night Edition. Chrome on a Night Edition truck I thought would look weird but I actually like it. No intention to change it any time soon and by that I mean I was thinking of stripping the chrome and powder coasting the OEM wheels in a matte black.

J1ecRlB.jpg
HYhxBIu.jpg
cNTarIt.jpg
NzGH8d5.jpg
bUerwbs.jpg

Here are the OEM 22" wheels for reference:
QkGrdzu.jpg

Swap was easy. I run two sets of wheels on all of my cars because I can swap them in my yard with a floor jack. I almost always run smaller winter wheels so my Golf R runs 19s in Summer, 17s in Winter, same for our Golf Wagon and other vehicles. So 22 to 20 both allows me to have a lot more side-wall and it makes tires in winter cheaper to replace. I visually prefer the 22" night edition wheels but 20" wheel & tires are just more economical for our rough Winters.

I am a Blizzak Fan on pretty much everything. We have in our stable, LM-32, WS-80 and now these DM-V2s. They're louder than the stock tires of course. No TPMS errors and I expect the sensors to sync up pretty fast.
That blue really hides when it's out of the sun. No one is going to judge you for running winter tires in the winter. Good choice, and nice to have the added traction / safety.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Pulled it out of garage so I could pull engine and transmission out of my Dakota. View attachment 113050 View attachment 113051
What year is your Dakota? I have a 2001, and it's so terribly rotted by corrosion (Indiana winters). I have a broken leaf spring buckle on the passenger side. It's been awful trying to get it out of there, everything is seized with rust.

Yours looks very clean. I must assume you don't have salted roads, and it's probably the 2004 or 2005+ generation, looking at the headlights. I'm happy to have gotten 200,000 miles out of mine, but if the rust hadn't been a problem, I might not have bought the Ram!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What year is your Dakota? I have a 2001, and it's so terribly rotted by corrosion (Indiana winters). I have a broken leaf spring buckle on the passenger side. It's been awful trying to get it out of there, everything is seized with rust.

Yours looks very clean. I must assume you don't have salted roads, and it's probably the 2004 or 2005+ generation, looking at the headlights. I'm happy to have gotten 200,000 miles out of mine, but if the rust hadn't been a problem, I might not have bought the Ram!
2000 Dakota R/T with 175k miles. Headlights are modified eBay specials. I added projectors and color matched the bezels myself. I live in Nebraska. We definitely salt the roads here, and it was a daily driver for three years, even through winter. But honestly it got more rust/corrosion the four years I lived in San Diego than it did when I was daily driving it through winter here in Nebraska. Just gotta take care of them. Keep it washed through winter with undercarriage spray in automatic car washes. And once spring hits, get up in all the nooks and cranny with hose and nozzle.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That blue really hides when it's out of the sun. No one is going to judge you for running winter tires in the winter. Good choice, and nice to have the added traction / safety.

Patriot blue seems to have 5 different colors depending on the lighting. It does 'burnt turquoise' when it's overcast:

51391653983_d06843cdbf_b.jpg

U

User_76295

Auxito Y13 bulbs installed in the low beams.

Will go for a "test cruise" tonight and see how they are....

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread