5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Regular, tried ceramic on my last vehicle. No difference. And my tint guy who has done it for years shares the same opinion.

Anywho, dash lights finally came in!
f4680c6e9d27f9f14a4e4b440122c566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had my windshield replaced, drove for a week without ceramic tint in 100°+ weather, after re-tint there was a huge difference in heat coming through the windshield. The top of my hand would get hot on the steering wheel prior, not at all after

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Regular, tried ceramic on my last vehicle. No difference. And my tint guy who has done it for years shares the same opinion.

Anywho, dash lights finally came in!
f4680c6e9d27f9f14a4e4b440122c566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, had to look at your pic 3 times before I saw your parts .... All I saw initially was a bevy of adult beverages :ROFLMAO:

pitboss000

Reaction score
Love that upgrade! Can I ask what it cost? Labor and parts separate? Did you do this through a dealer or what? I see Katzin has so many options but I really like this black with cream interior (or white?) any part numbers?
Black with Biscuit centers and Biscuit stitching, perforated centers. $1600 out the door. Dealer wanted over 2K just to have a logo. Had it done at The Trim Shop in Newark DE. Dan Temple did an awesome job! Day and a half turnaround at a busy shop too! Two things to note: He doesn't show up on the Katzkin website as an installer (many don't - it's outdated), though he is authorized. So check with your local detailers and leather repair shops. This is what held me back from doing it for so long. I ran across a posting of his on Facebook. Secondly, go to your installer and match up colors with samples/swatches - website colors are not that accurate. I wanted to match the upper/headliner color for my inserts and thought it would be Bone, turned out to be Biscuit.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To clarify, it does work, or does not work?
I’m not him, but I put a full on shop work light up in that space when I was doing an oil change. There is a ton of space in there to work with for mounting a light without coming close to the air dam. All you have to do is stick your head under there when the truck is off, because when the truck is off, the air dam is as high as it will go.

U

User_63152

Installed the Husky mud guards. Kind of a pain. Had to put an extra screw in the rear ones. They were kind of flappy. I moved the included screws, for the rear, down towards the bottom and put the extra one up top, where it calls for the included one. I hope that makes sense. LOL :ROFLMAO:

They look pretty good. I think They will work out just fine.

Attachments

• HMG fd a.JPG
    HMG fd a.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 105
  • HMG fd b.JPG
    HMG fd b.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 101
  • HMG fp a.JPG
    HMG fp a.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 99
  • HMG fp b.JPG
    HMG fp b.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 97
  • HMG rd a.JPG
    HMG rd a.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 101
  • HMG rd b.JPG
    HMG rd b.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 100
  • HMG rp a.JPG
    HMG rp a.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 97
  • HMG rp b.JPG
    HMG rp b.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 100

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the Husky mud guards. Kind of a pain. Had to put an extra screw in the rear ones. They were kind of flappy. I moved the included screws, for the rear, down towards the bottom and put the extra one up top, where it calls for the included one. I hope that makes sense. LOL :ROFLMAO:

They look pretty good. I think They will work out just fine.
Do you mind taking a pic kind of far back from the truck so I can see how far they appear to stick out the sides?

Also, where did you order from?

Users who are viewing this thread