5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What i meant was i dont know sizes/brands of spacers are good
or which are crap.
It really doesn’t matter at the 1/2” size you mention. As long as it’s just an open spacer like the first image below and not a type like the second image below, then you don’t need to worry too much about the brand. My one recommendation though if you get the type like in the first picture is to get hubcentric spacers- It will make your life much easier when you’re mounting the wheels

Note: towing with wheel spacers is not a good idea, although people do it all the time.

110CC148-C8DE-4461-951E-603F0AC3DE86.jpeg
0A8D66ED-DAE9-44F7-9116-37D8B679D44F.jpeg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why is towing with spacers bad?
i have not towed a trailer in years, but…

The 2nd spacer may not be a tow weight rated spacer, studs make sheer off. The 1st I don't think would be an issue, I'd be concerned about increased wheel bearing wear with the 2nd though as you're changing the way the and where the load is carried on the bearing

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why is towing with spacers bad?
i have not towed a trailer in years, but…
The farther the wheel moves away from the hub, the greater sheer stress is placed on the wheel studs. This could cause failure of the wheel studs. It’s not normally a problem under normal conditions, but can be an issue under extreme stress situations like drag racing or towing with maximal loads.
For the type in the second image, there are two additional potential failure points compared to the spacers in the first image.

Edit: those articles Bowdown posted probably do a better job explaining than me.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How close are you to the inner fender wells and the stock mudflap things? The tires I got are almost 3/4 of an inch taller than 33‘s. Also, do you have a close-up pic of the front wheels?

edit: do you also have a side view pic?

Look at my topics. My build thread has all the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brenan00

Reaction score
explain to me (in idiot speak) why i must have the sway bar.
and i am planning on a tazer soonish.
The backend is just more planted to the ground, the back of the truck isn’t moving back and forth. Also my wife felt more comfortable driving it “it didn’t feel as big”. If you are not part of the tazer group buy, I would hate to take someone away from the group, you can DM me about the tazer. Later

mesoavery

Reaction score

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The backend is just more planted to the ground, the back of the truck isn’t moving back and forth. Also my wife felt more comfortable driving it “it didn’t feel as big”. If you are not part of the tazer group buy, I would hate to take someone away from the group, you can DM me about the tazer. Later

Attachments

• 103_1513.JPG
    103_1513.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 103_1514.JPG
    103_1514.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 103_1515.JPG
    103_1515.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 119

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally finished up my Shifts and Grins light bracket and Diode Dynamics light bar install.

Sorry for the rain in the end, filmed in between tornado warnings. Overall, I’m super happy with this combo.

798f8192cd9af9d023fe37318be05366.jpg

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Where is the tazer group buy?

Users who are viewing this thread