5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the blue version! That will look great
Wanted to match my hydro blue ram. Super excited. Now I don't know if I should go 35" or just 33". I'm getting a 3.5" lift (dont know if I want to go rough country or ready lift).

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You might be able to get away with it. I saw someone with 295/60R20's on a truck that had rear lowering springs installed.
The negative offset is what will kill it fitting without rubbing. I could heat in shape the inner fender liners to make it not rub, but it will still hit the stock mud flaps (if thats what they actually are supposed to be).

I have the dilemma that I’m going to be super upset when I get the wheels and can’t run them in a few weeks than if I preemptively raise the front. I’m really torn on what to do.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted to match my hydro blue ram. Super excited. Now I don't know if I should go 35" or just 33". I'm getting a 3.5" lift (dont know if I want to go rough country or ready lift).

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

They are going to look amazing!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The negative offset is what will kill it fitting without rubbing. I could heat in shape the inner fender liners to make it not rub, but it will still hit the stock mud flaps (if thats what they actually are supposed to be).

I have the dilemma that I’m going to be super upset when I get the wheels and can’t run them in a few weeks than if I preemptively raise the front. I’m really torn on what to do.
Ah yeah forgot about the offset you chose. Darn so you will need to lift. Just get yourself the motofab front spacers and put your rear springs back on. That should work out.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

3.5" is too much lift for 33's, IMO. It will look much better with 35's.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah yeah forgot about the offset you chose. Darn so you will need to lift. Just get yourself the motofab front spacers and put your rear springs back on. That should work out.
Have you read the people who had issues with the upper control arms making noises? That’s really my main concern with doing motofab instead of readylift, zone, or mopar. I don’t want to get this thing aligned and then need to get it realigned a couple weeks later. I’m not certain I’ll have an issue though.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.5" is too much lift for 33's, IMO. It will look much better with 35's.
I know what you mean. I do like having the tires more travel room to go up and down. But general look, 35" would be best. I just don't want to "stuff" the wheel well with a big fat tires.

Long term goals, once I wear down the stock falcon wild peak, I want to upgrade to full 35" tires on those, but I will run the stock 32" it will come with.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you read the people who had issues with the upper control arms making noises? That’s really my main concern with doing motofab instead of readylift, zone, or mopar. I don’t want to get this thing aligned and then need to get it realigned a couple weeks later. I’m not certain I’ll have an issue though.
I haven't read too many on UCA's failing but I know it's a possability. I thought about upgrading to the ones that Mopar uses for their 2" lift. They are like 50 dollars a piece or so. I left mine alone since my angles aren't bad at all. This is probably the most lift I'll ever do. I'll eventually move over to coilovers in a year or so but I don't really want to increase my ride height anymore. :)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read too many on UCA's failing but I know it's a possability. I thought about upgrading to the ones that Mopar uses for their 2" lift. They are like 50 dollars a piece or so. I left mine alone since my angles aren't bad at all. This is probably the most lift I'll ever do. I'll eventually move over to coilovers in a year or so but I don't really want to increase my ride height anymore. :)
I just ordered the 2" readylift with uca's because tire rack had it for $407 delivered tomorrow. That's $123 less than on readylift's site.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see your setup complete.
I'll definitely post pics. I just saved myself $1500 by going with readylift over mopar, doing the level kit myself, and do the alignment. Still, this truck is going to make me go broke.

Edit: having my family’s shop do my alignment instead of NTB.

Last edited:

ironman8282

Reaction score
That's a small injector for boost
Greene racing recommend those injectors for that set up. the kit came with bigger injectors but the fic 650cc are bigger than the ones supplied by whipple. I’m assuming he wants me to run them because of my cam/ supercharger combo

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got rid of the Dueler’ for some General Grabber A/Tx before starts falling.
4141aa339c2c32511aac397282fd8547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
great looking truck, what size tire are you runing, and are you stock height or level

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! 275/55/20 tires and stock height.

wow what a difference a good tire can make, I got a 2021 bts stock tires and off road package and couldn't decide on falken wildpeaks and these general.
and thinking one size up 275/60/20
I believe my decision has been made, going with the general, now after seeing your pic I might not go a size up and stay at the same size.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
wow what a difference a good tire can make, I got a 2021 bts stock tires and off road package and couldn't decide on falken wildpeaks and these general.
I believe my decision has been made, going with the general, now after seeing your pic I might not go a size up and stay at the same size.
There’s a lot of great, aggressive-looking options in 275/55/20. To me, it really comes down to the tire shoulder. If I drive mostly on the road, I would want a densely packed tread pattern in the center of the tire but still have an aggressive shoulder.

av8tor86

Reaction score

I was going to go with two 275/60, but I just put the OEM mudflaps on and I read somewhere that they might rub.

Users who are viewing this thread