5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Hoppy1075

Reaction score
Debadged the rear and new emblem Ram for fun. I’m not a skull guy, but will see how long it lasts. Swapped wheels (sport) for Rebel take-offs.
4de61a2f0b923d309e80391f8f202fa0.jpg

4d2c347d031e499550a5b8857886303e.jpg

5164623d1218c463080bfd91b6576e69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s a lot of great, aggressive-looking options in 275/55/20. To me, it really comes down to the tire shoulder. If I drive mostly on the road, I would want a densely packed tread pattern in the center of the tire but still have an aggressive shoulder.
true and maybe too many options, and funny how sometimes its like a decision has being made for you but you still want to fight it.
I have been looking at tires for the past few days, my dad sees this and says get the general, I go to the local tire shop me and my family had been going for the past few years, great service, great people and great prices so feels like family, guy is on vacation. calls me back today - recommendation go with the general.
then I see av8tor86 truck, looking awesome on generals

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
true and maybe too many options, and funny how sometimes its like a decision has being made for you but you still want to fight it.
I have been looking at tires for the past few days, my dad sees this and says get the general, I go to the local tire shop me and my family had been going for the past few years, great service, great people and great prices so feels like family, guy is on vacation. calls me back today - recommendation go with the general.
then I see av8tor86 truck, looking awesome on generals
They do look great and have a pretty good reputation also. Can’t really go wrong with that choice

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to go with two 275/60, but I just put the OEM mudflaps on and I read somewhere that they might rub.

I have read both that it does rub and doesn't. Based on my previous truck I am gonna believe that it doesn't.
I was running 33x12.5x20 on a 17 ram 2wd, quad cab, stock height, no rub
I did end up doing the level a few months later just to improve the look.
Plus this 21 bts has the extra 1" pre lift from factory so it should help clear it in case I go with the 275/60
if it rubs, i could go with the Bilstein 5100 and add another inch of height

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suck at updating.. but a week ago prior to dropping the truck off for a week.. removed sport sticker off the bed always hated it and debadged it really surprised a waiter a year to do it.

Had another shop fix/ replace some of the clear bra I had applied to the front a year ago wasn’t completely happy with the trim job previous shop did wasn’t really noticeable until it stopped raining almost every single day and truck was cleaned. While I was added it had some added to the rocker panel, door sills and fender flares, and rear bumper all in preparation when I eventually switch to AT tires. Also had it ceramic coated on the outside as well as the interior.

8334166c6daaa077491bb15dfdc13036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The negative offset is what will kill it fitting without rubbing. I could heat in shape the inner fender liners to make it not rub, but it will still hit the stock mud flaps (if thats what they actually are supposed to be).

I have the dilemma that I’m going to be super upset when I get the wheels and can’t run them in a few weeks than if I preemptively raise the front. I’m really torn on what to do.

My 33s with -19 20x10 wheels don’t rub with the stock front and lowered rear.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 33s with -19 20x10 wheels don’t rub with the stock front and lowered rear.

How close are you to the inner fender wells and the stock mudflap things? The tires I got are almost 3/4 of an inch taller than 33‘s. Also, do you have a close-up pic of the front wheels?

edit: do you also have a side view pic?

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I do like having the tires more travel room to go up and down. But general look, 35" would be best. I just don't want to "stuff" the wheel well with a big fat tires.

Long term goals, once I wear down the stock falcon wild peak, I want to upgrade to full 35" tires on those, but I will run the stock 32" it will come with.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
35's with a 2" lift look stuffed. I don't like that look either. IMO, the 2" lift and 33's are a perfect compliment. I like 35's better on Ram trucks but I didn't want to compromise my ride and MPG's that much.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
35's with a 2" lift look stuffed. I don't like that look either. IMO, the 2" lift and 33's are a perfect compliment. I like 35's better on Ram trucks but I didn't want to compromise my ride and MPG's that much.
Very true. I did the 2" lift on 33" toyo open country at3. Looked great and was happy with the setup. See pic below with my 2020 laramie before I traded him in.

Now this time around I want to do a 3.5" lift...so I'm thinking that 35" might be the way to go...but 33" wouldn't be too bad looking.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
3706a0131def5232d22fc7fdb265b2c3.jpg

BowDown

Reaction score
Greene racing recommend those injectors for that set up. the kit came with bigger injectors but the fic 650cc are bigger than the ones supplied by whipple. I’m assuming he wants me to run them because of my cam/ supercharger combo
Probably easier to tune.
FIC provides a tune file for their injectors but tuners are fickle

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No kidding, I have list of things just waiting for cyber Monday to be put in the cart, and let loose.
In the same boat! But worried cyber Monday will not be the same as in the past. Supply chain issues are going to be awful this season. I have a personal rule not to order a bunch of stuff if I don't have the subject vehicle in hand, BUT I may make an exception this time around! Not to mention price increases that are coming rapidly!

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of 1/2 inch wheel spacers.
i want the tires to be more flush but i know nothing about spacers.
You can just stick a tape measure on the center of the sidewall of the tire and measure a half inch out for a 1/2” spacer. The same would work with the lip of the rim. It’s pretty much that simple.

brenan00

Reaction score
In the same boat! But worried cyber Monday will not be the same as in the past. Supply chain issues are going to be awful this season. I have a personal rule not to order a bunch of stuff it I don't have the subject vehicle in hand, BUT I may make an exception this time around! Not to mention price increases that are coming rapidly!
Me too, I was ordering things before I got the truck, I didn't want to but the deals were too good. Good luck with your truck when you get it, the only thing I think is a must is the Hellwig 7709 sway bar, I will not give that up. I think I will be selling a few things though, Tazer, Banks peddle monster, and the carlinkit2. The first two I do not use and third I think I want to upgrade to the MMB. Later

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can just stick a tape measure on the center of the sidewall of the tire and measure a half inch out for a 1/2” spacer. The same would work with the lip of the rim. It’s pretty much that simple.
What i meant was i dont know sizes/brands of spacers are good
or which are crap.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Me too, I was ordering things before I got the truck, I didn't want to but the deals were too good. Good luck with your truck when you get it, the only thing I think is a must is the Hellwig 7709 sway bar, I will not give that up. I think I will be selling a few things though, Tazer, Banks peddle monster, and the carlinkit2. The first two I do not use and third I think I want to upgrade to the MMB. Later
explain to me (in idiot speak) why i must have the sway bar.
and i am planning on a tazer soonish.

Users who are viewing this thread