5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today?
I swore at it. I swore a lot at it!
I think I invented a few new swear words as well.
I went to get into my truck via passive entry and it didn’t work. I pressed the key fob, it unlocked. I drove away and parked in a lot behind the building to re-investigate. Got out of the truck and locked it on the way out. Tried the passive entry, no go. Tried the fob, no go. Used the emergency key in the fob to open the door and set off the alarm. Quickly locked the door and it cancelled the alarm.
So….. I assumed it was maybe the battery in the fob. I walked a few blocks to a store, found the right battery, took some time to figure out how to break the fob open and changed the battery. Walked the few blocks back to the truck, tried the fob…nothing.
I phoned the Dealer Service. They said bring it in. I said, how am I supposed to do that? He told me to use my emergency key from my fob, it will set off the horn, but quickly hold the fob against the start button and use it to start the truck. It worked! Started the truck and it cancelled the alarm.
I headed towards the dealership when I decided to pull off into another parking lot and try it again. This time passive entry worked as well as the fob to lock and unlock the truck.
I called the dealership and told my service guy everything was working again.
He said he had just learned from the service manager, that there are a few areas around where something interrupts the RF signal from the fob. They weren’t aware of the location I was at but do now!
I definitely learned something new!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Airlift 1000HD and Maxtrac 2” leveling coils in the rear. All said and done it lost 1.5 inches in the rear which I assume is because of the airbags. It does ride slightly harder but not to bad. I routed the air lines together and not independently as I’ll be adding onboard air soon. I don’t have much mechanical experience with suspension so the dual rate springs threw me off, I thought something was wrong when they all bunched up at the top but that’s how they work apparently. Top photo is stock, only way to really tell is to look at the bed of the 2500
14F8EF3B-38B8-4B74-B2B8-DA5DB3588F56.jpeg 6F777456-EA25-4CD5-A9D5-8529D0A8870B.jpeg 639C01B5-E56B-4E91-AF69-0643850DE365.jpeg 032BDF5C-DD25-4752-8245-42C79BBEA002.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Put my hard tags on this morning. Also tried programming the homelink garage door controller to the garage doors and I can’t since I don’t have remotes. It seems silly that there’s no listen mode in that frequency range for the garage door opener, but there is one for the transmitters.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put my hard tags on this morning. Also tried programming the homelink garage door controller to the garage doors and I can’t since I don’t have remotes. It seems silly that there’s no listen mode in that frequency range for the garage door opener, but there is one for the transmitters.
Most newer garage door opener do have a function where you set a dip switch on the opener and push a little button and it will transmit the code. Most of them have like 15 seconds limits. You push the little button the opener, go in your truck push and hold the button for 20 seconds and it should be programmed.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most newer garage door opener do have a function where you set a dip switch on the opener and push a little button and it will transmit the code. Most of them have like 15 seconds limits. You push the little button the opener, go in your truck push and hold the button for 20 seconds and it should be programmed.
Thanks, I’ll try that. I operate the doors right now though the Chamberlain myQ app, so the garage door’s functions are being commanded by wi-fi.

jgreene

Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today?
I swore at it. I swore a lot at it!
I think I invented a few new swear words as well.
I went to get into my truck via passive entry and it didn’t work. I pressed the key fob, it unlocked. I drove away and parked in a lot behind the building to re-investigate. Got out of the truck and locked it on the way out. Tried the passive entry, no go. Tried the fob, no go. Used the emergency key in the fob to open the door and set off the alarm. Quickly locked the door and it cancelled the alarm.
So….. I assumed it was maybe the battery in the fob. I walked a few blocks to a store, found the right battery, took some time to figure out how to break the fob open and changed the battery. Walked the few blocks back to the truck, tried the fob…nothing.
I phoned the Dealer Service. They said bring it in. I said, how am I supposed to do that? He told me to use my emergency key from my fob, it will set off the horn, but quickly hold the fob against the start button and use it to start the truck. It worked! Started the truck and it cancelled the alarm.
I headed towards the dealership when I decided to pull off into another parking lot and try it again. This time passive entry worked as well as the fob to lock and unlock the truck.
I called the dealership and told my service guy everything was working again.
He said he had just learned from the service manager, that there are a few areas around where something interrupts the RF signal from the fob. They weren’t aware of the location I was at but do now!
I definitely learned something new!
I find if I put the fob in my pocket with my phone. It gets wonky and can take a few seconds to work when I pull it out. Plus the passive won't work when. It's in my pocket with my phone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll try that. I operate the doors right now though the Chamberlain myQ app, so the garage door’s functions are being commanded by wi-fi.
How did you operate the garage doors before you added the MyQ? I have that on my garage doors, but still have remotes as well.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did you operate the garage doors before you added the MyQ? I have that on my garage doors, but still have remotes as well.
No, we bought the house and weren’t given any openers. The sellers claimed they only used the app. I could buy one, but I don’t really see a reason to. I haven’t got a chance yet to try what Manny suggested.

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Have a link for the bumper cover? I only dug up one company but not for the new model trucks

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Is it a cover or did you replace the whole lower bumper? I’m not a fan of my chrome bumpers and have been exploring some options but they all seem expensive.

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

av8tor86

Reaction score
Is it a cover or did you replace the whole lower bumper? I’m not a fan of my chrome bumpers and have been exploring some options but they all seem expensive.

I ordered a cover already painted flame red on Ebay. Set them side by side and changed everything over.

jellis466

Reaction score
New Bumper and some plasti dip emblems for now. New Flame Red front bumper cover arriving tomorrow. Now what to do with the chrome grille 🤔. Black vinyl wrap, plasti dip or replace completely. Decisions, Decisions.
did you plastidip the large RAM badge too?

pmegason

Reaction score
It really helps with the sag especially since I’m leveled. I added it since I run up to 7500 lbs loads. It sounds like you may have too much pressure in them. They are rated to over 2000 lbs fully inflated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have them. I am thinking about getting some. The bounce I am having is more like a floating, not a rough bounce.

av8tor86

Reaction score
Got it. Was it hard or take long to swap over?

Hardest part was getting the bumper back on the truck. I couldn’t quite get the bolts to line up, even though they move up and down a bit. I ended up taking the bolts out and feeding them in from behind once I got it in place. If I had to guess maybe three hours tops.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
10min $40 mod done. where to buy? I wanna do this!!!!

c36c8d48d4020c057412be4cbcec558f.jpg

f4c7ebb5d81ae085cab633a444abedc0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread