5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 13 x 5 Halloween trailer, fog machine, talking skull and pumpkin, lots of beverages, 400 watt RamBox inverter ran all the lights,

That's a cool use of the inverter!

Cmoar

Reaction score
They sound great and so clear I found the dash tweeters to be good but not great these jbl’s made it sound like a concert all around you in the front. I had these JBL’s in my 2016 charger with the beats audio but traded it in for the new ram

I’m also curious about this. Mostly the best way to remove the speaker grills without tearing anything up.

John

Reaction score
I was just looking at Hottexhaust.com at they are having a 25% off November sale on the Magnaflow #19429. A complete cat back stainless system (black or polished tip for about $620. regular $828. free shipping!! Any of you have experience with Magnaflow??

John

RenoRam

Reaction score
I was just looking at Hottexhaust.com at they are having a 25% off November sale on the Magnaflow #19429. A complete cat back stainless system (black or polished tip for about $620. regular $828. free shipping!! Any of you have experience with Magnaflow??

John
I do as I have had their catback on previous generations (04 and 14). I just received their 19430 yesterday from that site. Note they are in Canada and place orders with Magnaflow who ships directly to you. The plan is to be installing this weekend.

John

Reaction score
I do as I have had their catback on previous generations (04 and 14). I just received their 19430 yesterday from that site. Note they are in Canada and place orders with Magnaflow who ships directly to you. The plan is to be installing this weekend.
Congratulations, let us know how the install goes! Do you have access to a Lift or just doing it old school with jackstands and a lot of crawling around?? Curious if the parts remake easily! Were you able to get the 25% discount?

John

RenoRam

Reaction score
Congratulations, let us know how the install goes! Do you have access to a Lift or just doing it old school with jackstands and a lot of crawling around?? Curious if the parts remake easily! Were you able to get the 25% discount?

John
Yep, doing it the driveway with ramps. Did it to my 14 Ram and it took a couple of hours. Did receive the 25% discount so it was around $650.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m also curious about this. Mostly the best way to remove the speaker grills without tearing anything up.

plastic trim remover, if you have a Harbor Freight close by they have a 5 piece set that will work.

You will also need an 8 mm socket and/or a super shallow phillips head with a 1/4" wrech to loosen the screws closest to the windshield. also a nice towel to protect the dash as you lay the old speaker on the dash to remove the connector, very much a two handed operation.

work the left dash grill cover from the right side, opposite the right grill cover. the center cover is the easiest to remove, lift from the front.

i used my thumbnail to start the prying process so i could get the thin side of the trim tool under the grills. the plastic is not forgiving at all so be gentle and take your time lifting the grills.

djwdjw

Reaction score
Not Sure about the limited but I ordered the LED package for the Laramie and it had all LED inside and out EXCEPT for the cargo lights and 3rd Brake light!

The limited cargo and 3rd brake light are incandescent. I swapped all 3 of mine yesterday for LEDs.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
plastic trim remover, if you have a Harbor Freight close by they have a 5 piece set that will work.

You will also need an 8 mm socket and/or a super shallow phillips head with a 1/4" wrech to loosen the screws closest to the windshield. also a nice towel to protect the dash as you lay the old speaker on the dash to remove the connector, very much a two handed operation.

work the left dash grill cover from the right side, opposite the right grill cover. the center cover is the easiest to remove, lift from the front.

i used my thumbnail to start the prying process so i could get the thin side of the trim tool under the grills. the plastic is not forgiving at all so be gentle and take your time lifting the grills.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SP84D/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great for removing most any interior panels. Although I recommend a plastic coated metal set for the doors, the main clips around the doors have too much holding power for solid plastic trim tools.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One would t
The limited cargo and 3rd brake light are incandescent. I swapped all 3 of mine yesterday for LEDs.
One would think that the Limited and Laramie's would come with LED brake and cargo lights since the rest of the lights are LED.:)

Cmoar

Reaction score

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread