5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

cruz1996

Reaction score
i too replaced the three dash speakers yesterday with the same JBL's. so much better sound. replacing the speakers was much easier vs the 4th gen, not much but a little more room to work.
i have the amp update on my short list of dealer fixes, the sound should really pop then!
Do you have the alpine? Or Harmon kardon? I have the alpine and that thing rocks I had people ask me what kind of subs I added I’m like it’s factory

xo151

Reaction score
After reading on this thread that a few people have replaced the stock alpine 3.5" speakers with the JBL GX302. I found this video on youtube where a guy did the same thing on his charger. I'm assuming FCA uses the same 3.5" Alpine across their lineup. Crutchfield has them on sale for 39 dollars a pair with free adapters to plug into the factory wiring.

Do you have to specify a specific car model to get the correct adapters? Their website says these speakers don't fit the 2019 Ram.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have to specify a specific car model to get the correct adapters? Their website says these speakers don't fit the 2019 Ram.
I used a 2018 ram 1500 crew to avoid the speakers don't fit warning, install parts are the same for the 2019. Metra 72-7902 for the adapters

MattF

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Excellent job. How much of the EXO V4 was required and do you have any tips on applying? I'm considering doing this to my billet silver sport

Thanks

Matt

Results of approximately 20 hours of detailing. Washed, clayed, polished, IPA wipe, panel wipe, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, two coats of Gtechniq EXO v4, solution finish black plastic bed toppers, 303 other exterior plastic. That was a LOT of work! Now I won't have to wax, polish, or anything other than just hand wash for about 4-5 years. (Video best viewed in HD mode)

View attachment 7114

View attachment 7115

View attachment 7116

View attachment 7117

View attachment 7118

View attachment 7119

View attachment 7120

View attachment 7121

Youtube Video:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the alpine? Or Harmon kardon? I have the alpine and that thing rocks I had people ask me what kind of subs I added I’m like it’s factory

i have the 19 speaker HK system.

when i traded my 4th gen in i removed the 3 JBL dash speakers, put the old ones back in. the 9 speaker alpine system in the 4th gen was/is very good sounding. better with upgraded speakers, but will pass as stock.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They fit. you will need to watch the orientation of the speaker connection for the corner speakers. the magnets on the JBL's are easily twice the depth than the factory HK's. so you will have to tilt them into the speaker cavity. i put them so the connectors faced the cabin vs the firewall, you'll see what i mean.

Extra helpful tip!
Before you drop the new speaker in place, you don't have to, but if you trim the metal tang around the screw holes close to shape of the factory speaker you are replacing, the JBL's will sit nice and flush. i took a pair of tin snips and gently trimmed the tang. Be careful now, as that newly trimmed edge will be sharp!

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Completed a full decontaminate wash, clay bar / nano-scrub, light polish, and ceramic coating about 2 weeks ago. I brought the truck home with the delivery plastics still intact, and requested that the dealer does not wash it during PDI. This minimized the amount of swirls/scratches.

Its first wash after bringing it home (less than 24 hours of ownership).

ri6yhWgh.jpg

SqsxP0xh.jpg

After its detail, about a month after bringing it home / its first wash. Took about 16 hours total (over 2 days). Pretty happy with the outcome. Very difficult to tell from the pictures, but after the paint correction and protection, the colour has more depth and gloss to it. Colour is Granite Crystal Metallic.

BVrSh3ph.jpg

TrxCkKKh.jpg

pJhukjUh.jpg

9EjHkt4h.jpg

nw6QivGh.jpg

iF15sdsh.jpg

As it sits now

tZWlU3nh.jpg

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aren't the dome and 3rd brakelight bulbs led in the Limited?

John
Not Sure about the limited but I ordered the LED package for the Laramie and it had all LED inside and out EXCEPT for the cargo lights and 3rd Brake light!

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Excellent job. How much of the EXO V4 was required and do you have any tips on applying? I'm considering doing this to my billet silver sport

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I purchased way too much EXO V4. I don't have the sunroof and applied one coat of CSL. I bought two 30ml bottles of CSL. It took one full and about a 1/3rd of the second one. So, one 50ml bottle of CSL would have been perfect (and would be enough to do the door jams and wheels). After the CSL is applied, the EXO takes even less. I used one 30ml bottle to apply two coats of EXO. I opened the second bottle to do two coats on the door jams and wheels.

So... if you got one 50ml bottle of CSL and one 50ml bottle of EXO, you'd have enough to do the job. Gtechniq sells a kit on their website that includes this, plus their panel wipe for $150.

John813

Reaction score
These came in last night(ignore the mess, moving soon hopefully). Going to be hard to hold off on installing them asap.
275/60R20 Cooper ATPs

20181031_180808.jpg

20181031_180812.jpg

MattF

Reaction score
Very helpful - thanks for taking the time to share!! I'm on this!!

Matt

Hi Matt,

I purchased way too much EXO V4. I don't have the sunroof and applied one coat of CSL. I bought two 30ml bottles of CSL. It took one full and about a 1/3rd of the second one. So, one 50ml bottle of CSL would have been perfect (and would be enough to do the door jams and wheels). After the CSL is applied, the EXO takes even less. I used one 30ml bottle to apply two coats of EXO. I opened the second bottle to do two coats on the door jams and wheels.

So... if you got one 50ml bottle of CSL and one 50ml bottle of EXO, you'd have enough to do the job. Gtechniq sells a kit on their website that includes this, plus their panel wipe for $150.

Rubenidas

Reaction score
Finally installed the mx4 tonneau cover

Attachments

• C75C6D95-C8DB-4B86-ABC9-66051157DA35.jpeg
    C75C6D95-C8DB-4B86-ABC9-66051157DA35.jpeg
    939.1 KB · Views: 229
  • FD3DEB56-0F67-48C4-86DB-465A8488E865.jpeg
    FD3DEB56-0F67-48C4-86DB-465A8488E865.jpeg
    923.6 KB · Views: 230

dsd1212

Reaction score
They sound great and so clear I found the dash tweeters to be good but not great these jbl’s made it sound like a concert all around you in the front. I had these JBL’s in my 2016 charger with the beats audio but traded it in for the new ram
How easy /tough was it to replace the factory speakers with the JBL’s?

Users who are viewing this thread