5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vegasandre

Reaction score
Sold it… got rid of my ‘21 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel Off-Road Group about 2 hours ago. Sold it for a profit to get what I originally was trying to get (thanks to the market); a: 2022 Land Rover Defender 90 S. Absolutely love it and decided to lease it from a LR dealer in Buffalo, NY. It’s so freaking cool and always wanted a 2 door.

Yeah yeah reliability, who gives af. I’ve had unreliable cars be reliable and reliable cars be unreliable. It’s the luck of the draw I guess.

Anywho, here’s some photos and I’ll still stick around on the forums here for awhile. Still got an HD after all for the farm. It’s been a pleasure ladies and gents.

View attachment 99125 View attachment 99126 View attachment 99129 View attachment 99127 View attachment 99130 View attachment 99131 View attachment 99128 View attachment 99137 View attachment 99132 View attachment 99136
congrats on the Defender and Nice property! I had a LR3 for 10 years ..loved it . I wanted a defender too(4 door) ..wife and kids think its boxy but I loved it instantly ..decided to go the Truck route for first time. we shall see how that goes..lol

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
congrats on the Defender and Nice property! I had a LR3 for 10 years ..loved it . I wanted a defender too(4 door) ..wife and kids think its boxy but I loved it instantly ..decided to go the Truck route for first time. we shall see how that goes..lol
Yeah, it’s our farm. Yeah I prefer the 90 (2 door) over the 110 (4 door) myself; and thank you!

Reaction score
Like it. Have one coming myself ‘cause the WT one ate my paint job 🤬 hammered them on a review. Never again. Hopefully the AVS one will hide the chip... 🧐

What did it eat your paint job? Where?

I feel like this one will provide a good amount of protection especially with the curved up lip on it. Not exactly a fashion statement but not bad/ugly either. I can live with it and for the added rock protection even more so.

I am a little concerned about winter and ice getting stuck behind it. But that's a few months away so I'll worry about that when it comes to winter. I may take it off during the winter months.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Like it. Have one coming myself ‘cause the WT one ate my paint job 🤬 hammered them on a review. Never again. Hopefully the AVS one will hide the chip... 🧐
I had that same issue, just a small chip on top of the grill from the weathertech. At least I'm not the only one. I may go to the avs aeroskin...used them on 2 different trucks and really liked them.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did it eat your paint job? Where?

I feel like this one will provide a good amount of protection especially with the curved up lip on it. Not exactly a fashion statement but not bad/ugly either. I can live with it and for the added rock protection even more so.

I am a little concerned about winter and ice getting stuck behind it. But that's a few months away so I'll worry about that when it comes to winter. I may take it off during the winter months.
Right side on the curve, there is a cutout, jammed right into the paint job.

Reaction score
Hmmm that's no good.

I've only just put mine on, but it seems to be fine. I don't foresee any problems with this AVS.

It only cost me $64cdn because of a $20 coupon on Amazon I got. I did debate on the Mopar one but I like that this also protects the front of the fenders as well.

Reaction score
Are you talking about the curve where the good goes down by the headlight? There is a cutout on the bugflector on the AVS as well but its sits a decent amount away from the hood. I suppose this is because of the grill/hood curve. Plus I probably let's snow and ice escape.

It must looks like the AVS and WT looking exactly the same. Maybe fitment is better on the AVS. The install was simple and it was aligned without any issue or time really.

Do you have a picture of the WT and damage you got?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let the Ram rest today and installed the Comma AI Open Pilot in my Prius Prime to see if I wanted it in my Ram when it is available. What a ride. Nice to leave the driving to it.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Let the Ram rest today and installed the Comma AI Open Pilot in my Prius Prime to see if I wanted it in my Ram when it is available. What a ride. Nice to leave the driving to it.
It works with the Ram, you just need to build the harness which isn't that difficult.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Did the second oil change, @ 11,616 miles. The fumoto valve I installed the last time I did the oil change made it much easier. That and the filter was WAAAYYY easier to get off this time. Since I’m not 800 lb gorilla and put it on like it should come from the factory.

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Adds a valve to your heater hose line that allows you to reduce or shut off flow, which should in turn reduce temps in your cab. Many here have installed this and state they have been able to reduce a/c temps by 5 degrees or so. Any reduction in my a/c temps will be welcome. Here's a link:

So I added this yesterday and I think it has helped a little bit but nothing tooo crazy in my opinion! I guess my expectations were a little too high lol. I also didn’t realize I would spill so much coolant when I cut the hose and fit the valve on 😂 thankfully my truck was parked for a long time because if it was up to normal temps I wouldn’t have been able to plug the hole with my finger while I was getting the valve on lol

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So I added this yesterday and I think it has helped a little bit but nothing tooo crazy in my opinion! I guess my expectations were a little too high lol. I also didn’t realize I would spill so much coolant when I cut the hose and fit the valve on 😂 thankfully my truck was parked for a long time because if it was up to normal temps I wouldn’t have been able to plug the hole with my finger while I was getting the valve on lol
I spilled probably like 8-12 ounces. I thought it was gonna be a drip not a faucet lol I wasn’t ready

HemiDude

Reaction score
I received my kit Tuesday, hopefully have time tonite or tomorrow to install. I expect to lose a little coolant, but I planned on removing the hose from the elbow as opposed to cutting it, do you have pics of where you installed it?

HemiDude

Reaction score
I spilled probably like 8-12 ounces. I thought it was gonna be a drip not a faucet lol I wasn’t ready
My plan is to remove the hose from the metal tube, and shove the already assembled valve and hose (with the valve in the closed position) as quickly as possible. Hopefully it slides together as seamlessly as I imagine :unsure:

LuvGun

Reaction score
Bought the same decals a couple days ago. Haven’t gotten them in yet, though! Looks good! Easy to line up and apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The RAM one was easy. Have to be a little more careful with the BIG HORN.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
got my $350 295/60/20 ridge graps installed today + alignment after my 3” level. loving the truck! need to bump the air up in my rear bags to eliminate the cali lean, still haven’t found the exact right amount yet.

61d4b4eda194c36ff9bfcdf52227ac3f.jpg

e84e8bb6869300dbf48a9938179ccade.jpg

d7618762a97ee13ec201e6a52e3e76eb.jpg

how it sat before on stock 275/55/20
007b2695d7a0eb7014384102c5bf4121.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What offset are the rims?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My plan is to remove the hose from the metal tube, and shove the already assembled valve and hose (with the valve in the closed position) as quickly as possible. Hopefully it slides together as seamlessly as I imagine :unsure:
Yeah that was my *plan* as well lol I had it assembled ready to go but that hose is literally glued onto the pipe. After I took off the clamp and tried everything to get the hose off, I ended up having to cut the hose just before it reached the pipe (I used tin snips because scissors wouldn’t work). As soon as I did this all of the coolant started pouring out so I did my best to plug the hole with my finger while cutting off the leftover rubber still on the fitting and peeling it off because like I said it was like glued on there! As soon as that was off then yeah I put the valve on and tightened the clamps and I was good to go. Definitely did not go as easily as I thought it would though since I couldn’t just pull the hose off the fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread