5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Reaction score
I'm surprised that most of you "guard" types don't opt for a clear wrap for your hood. No offense, but those plastic guards are just butt ugly. I'd rather have rock chips in my hood, which I do, than run a big ugly piece of plastic out front. Again, no offense. 🤣

Clear wrap does nothing for protecting the windshield from rock/gravel chips. Also clear or colour match wrap ends up discolouring the hoods and fine dust particles can still get under those things.

To each there own. I myself don't mind the look of my AVS guard, now with that being said didn't it's not my most FAVORITE thing on the truck but it's not butt ugly either.

In my case, function overruled aesthetics this time around. I'd prefer not to have chips on my hood or windshield. I already had a windshield replaced and now this one has a mark on it from something else.

I think the guard looks better in person then it does in pictures.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha! Yea, skip the deflector because Bill looks so much cooler sporting the homless bum look! View attachment 99308
wtf haha

I was under the impression the hood deflector made my previous ‘19 Laramie look good. I now realize, that was a mistake looking back. Never did it on my ‘21 Limited.

Before:

0C7CB1DD-D438-4C73-A26D-1E99884FD164.jpeg

After:

769A2EA6-2350-4D54-9762-70A42020EB90.jpeg

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
Installed the Bushwhacker front and rear mud flaps. I have the Bushwhacker fender flares and these were made to pair up with them perfectly and I think they pretty much do.

Install took all of 3 minutes per wheel well.

We'll see how they hold up.

Attachments

• Mudflaps.jpg
    Mudflaps.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 122

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like my AVS Aeroskin.
Yea, just a bunch of jabs back and forth on the deflectors. I had to pile on. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Heck some guys even like Chevys. What can you do?

Blue, I thought I remembered you posting this before. I really like it as it is different. I couldn't remember it and was going to pm you asking about it. I'm off to bookmark that site because I can see one in my future. Thanks!

Reaction score
Yea, just a bunch of jabs back and forth on the deflectors. I had to pile on. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Heck some guys even like Chevys. What can you do?

Blue, I thought I remembered you posting this before. I really like it as it is different. I couldn't remember it and was going to pm you asking about it. I'm off to bookmark that site because I can see one in my future. Thanks!

Yes everything isn't for everyone.... To each their own I say.. I may not like it, you may not like it, but the owner likes it and that is all that matters!! (this goes for everything we do to our vehicles)

I will say this, the AVS Aeroskin I have heard and read not so good things. Yes it's streamline, but I have read lots of negatives about small dirt particles getting under it between the hood and 3M tape and scratches up the paint. Not to mention if you ever take it off (a) your paint will be severely discoloured (b) it will be a huge PITA to get the 3M tape off... Like I said to each there own, but this one isn't for me for those reasons.

The AVS Bugflector 2 that I got can easily be taken off for cleaning, but you really don't need to as you can get between it and the hood. And bonus there is no tape to remove if I don't want it on.

Also... like you said there are people who drive Ford's and Chevy's, so there is something for everyone haha

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
To each his own, but I love look of the Aeroskin. I've used some version on every truck I've owned and I think this is the best so far.

As for taking it off, why would I do that? If it's damaged I'll just replace it with the same thing, although I've never had to replace one.

This ultra low profile is just awesome in my opinion. And the matte black looks great on my truck.

Attachments

• 20210508_160110.jpg
    20210508_160110.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 20210508_160040.jpg
    20210508_160040.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 20210508_160132.jpg
    20210508_160132.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 191

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
To each his own, but I love look of the Aeroskin. I've used some version on every truck I've owned and I think this is the best so far.

As for taking it off, why would I do that? If it's damaged I'll just replace it with the same thing, although I've never had to replace one.

This ultra low profile is just awesome in my opinion. And the matte black looks great on my truck.
I like the look of this but how well does it deflect wind and protect hood and windshield from rock chips? With it being so low profile I’d imagine it doesn’t do as well of a job as say a regular one or wt. I could be wrong

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
I like the look of this but how well does it deflect wind and protect hood and windshield from rock chips? With it being so low profile I’d imagine it doesn’t do as well of a job as say a regular one or wt. I could be wrong
I can only say that I haven't had any issues. I'm sure there are advantages if it were 1/2-1" taller, but I'm comfortable with what it covers.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
Installed my paint eating 🤬 Weathertech replacement today. AVS Bug Guard Il. Very happy with the result! Also very similar to the WT, except this one does not eat paint 😉.

Just curious, do you have pictures of the WT of wherre it was eating the paint? As you know I already have the AVS 2 but curious as to what the difference is between the WT and AVS as they look very similar in design.
I would like to know this as well since my WT bug protector is sitting in my garage waiting for a sunny day for install.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It'll probably protect the leading edge of the hood great but that's about it, rocks don't care about wind unless its tornado/hurricane force winds. I doubt you're any less prone to broken windshields with or without it

Users who are viewing this thread