5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.

broman66

Reaction score

Doc33

Reaction score
Picked up and installed my Mopar off-road style running boards, took me a while to decide what I wanted and quite a few that I liked were not available for quad cabs. These were a little pricey but I'm glad I got them. They seem very well made and heavy duty and they don't hang down too far. Install was simple too. View attachment 93380 View attachment 93381 View attachment 93382 View attachment 93383 View attachment 93384 View attachment 93385
Do you know the width of your running boards?

U

User_63152

FINALLY got my MBRP muffler installed. It sounds awesome. The guy at the muffler shop said he thought it sounded great, too. He only charged me $40. He also told me that he really likes the quality of MBRP stuff. He has a lot of experience with that company, apparently. Bonus.

There is maybe a slight amount of drone at certain RPM's. When you get into it, it really sounds sweet. Even, cruising, with MDS on, I really didn't notice any odd sounds. Excellent! I will test it out more tomorrow.

*UPDATE* May 27th

I did notice a change in tone when the MDS kicks in. It sounds like an amplified fluttering paper bag. LOL. I am going to bypass the ANC with a little harness from Crutchfield. I noticed that I am getting feedback in the cab, from the exterior exhaust note, at about ~1700 RPM (have to 86 that garbage, quick). I plan on putting a small amp and new speakers in sometime soon, anyway. Possibly a sub, too.

I am having my front leveling kit installed today, so, since it's already at my friend's shop, I am going to have him tack weld the resonator weep holes shut. Need to get that full exhaust note rolling. (y)

**END OF UPDATE*

I was going to do it myself, but it was so hot today (somewhere between 85-90).

And, I'm lazy. :ROFLMAO:

I also just noticed, from the pictures, that he wiped the finger prints off. Or, at least tried to. I like that.

Attachments

• MBRP a.jpg
    MBRP a.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 167
  • MBRP b.jpg
    MBRP b.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 165
  • MBRP c.jpg
    MBRP c.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by a moderator:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed the chrome tow hooks today. Ordered the wrong bezels from eBay (didn’t notice that they were the ones for the rebel). So I will make a trip up to the dealer to purchase them. Easy install and took about 30 minutes.
Thanks for the report. The truck looks better with the hooks. I think I'll order some black ones.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
How is removing the rear 2 coils on the drivers side? Looks tight under the brake booster.
Actually it wasn’t bad, you can put a wrench in there and loosen them at just turn them with your fingers.

the hardest is bending the rubber boots into the holes, seems easy but that was the hardest part.

Chuck19

Reaction score
FINALLY got my MBRP muffler installed. It sounds awesome. The guy at the muffler shop said he thought it sounded great, too. He only charged me $40. He also told me that he really likes the quality of MBRP stuff. He has a lot of experience with that company, apparently. Bonus.

There is no drone at all. When you get into it, it really sounds sweet. Even, cruising, with MDS on, I really didn't notice any odd sounds. Excellent! I will test it out more tomorrow.

I also just noticed, from the pictures, that he wiped the finger prints off. Or, at least tried to. I like that.
Sound clip is required for exhaust mod! Pics aren’t worth anything 😂

sep1006

Reaction score
Forgot to post the video from the detailer when I had my truck ceramic coated

Klicht87

Reaction score

There is no drone at all. When you get into it, it really sounds sweet. Even, cruising, with MDS on, I really didn't notice any odd sounds. Excellent! I will test it out more tomorrow.

Sound clips? I've been looking at exhaust systems for about 2 months now and can't decide if I want to do a muffler and resonator delete (B2FAB) or just bite the bullet and get the Borla S Type/ATAK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online