5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you pick the newest “style”. Says 2019-2020 on the drop down.

and click the coupon.
Thanks @GATORB8
I found it here for $109 USD.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed TAC Predator Bull Bar, Red Emblem overlays and Icon Motorsports OEM style Fender Flares. Still need to do a black refinish to the running boards.
That is a good looking bull bar! Never wanted one on this truck, but I may have to reconsider after seeing that one. How do you like the fit of the fender flares? Mine don't fit quite as exact as I'd hoped, but they aren't too bad.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Thanks @GATORB8
I found it here for $109 USD.
FYI, when you check the coupon on Amazon it’s $104

HemiDude

Reaction score
View attachment 91393
Spent my weekend (and many beers) getting this beast ready. Used Adams Graphene Ceramic coating. Wash, clay bar and polish and then coating.

I was super nervous using the Adams because everyone online made it seem like you had to be careful when doing. I get it, don’t let it dry for more than a minute, wipe off all the spots. But only exacerbated my stress when using it. But I think it came out great, pics don’t do it justice.

I guess I have some questions to granite Crystal metallic owners out ther: do you sometimes notice an unevenness of the paint application? Several times it looked like there were minute shadows in the paint, where maybe the metallic paint was more concentrated? Is it possible to get your paint that clear to accentuate any imperfections in how they applied the paint?
I haven't noticed any shadows or tiger striping in mine, but I do see it on some others. It's a shame with all of the technology and automation involved in production, that manufacturers can't get paint figured out. Mine does have some orange peel, which has been a problem with Dodge and Ram for as long as I can remember

JetMech

Reaction score
That is a good looking bull bar! Never wanted one on this truck, but I may have to reconsider after seeing that one. How do you like the fit of the fender flares? Mine don't fit quite as exact as I'd hoped, but they aren't too bad.
Yeah I didn't want one until I saw this one. Doesn't take away from the look of the truck. Plus it gives a place to put the park sensors that yoy can't on others. The fender flares fit pretty good. I had to notch a few holes so I could tighten them up to be flush. Overall happy with them.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any shadows or tiger striping in mine, but I do see it on some others. It's a shame with all of the technology and automation involved in production, that manufacturers can't get paint figured out. Mine does have some orange peel, which has been a problem with Dodge and Ram for as long as I can remember
My Rugged Brown Pearl must be 1/2 orange peel. Frustrating not to be able to get it looking perfect.

I haven't noticed any shadows. A really good touch up can look like a little puddle in metallics, maybe they caught a couple nicks in PDI.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considered selling it, was surfing the web and saw that used truck prices have gone through the roof. The problem is replacing the truck in this current market

While I have no desire to sell my truck I was intrigued by another post I saw mentioning vroom. They offered me 46.5k for my truck. Only 3k less than I paid at the dealer almost a year later. Hard to beat that!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considered selling it, was surfing the web and saw that used truck prices have gone through the roof. The problem is replacing the truck in this current market
I ended up selling my 2019 bighorn for 40k with 16k miles on it and factory ordered my 2021. The trade in prices were unreal in November as well and there were still some decent deals to go around. Seems the deals now are not as friendly so you're right, replacing it would suck!

Scram1500

Reaction score
While I have no desire to sell my truck I was intrigued by another post I saw mentioning vroom. They offered me 46.5k for my truck. Only 3k less than I paid at the dealer almost a year later. Hard to beat that!
I ended up selling my 2019 bighorn for 40k with 16k miles on it and factory ordered my 2021. The trade in prices were unreal in November as well and there were still some decent deals to go around. Seems the deals now are not as friendly so you're right, replacing it would suck!
Holy crap, unheard of trade in value!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the values are amazing right now, but I had a devil of time finding my truck in July of last year...I don't even want to think about looking for one now....

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Holy crap, unheard of trade in value!

Yeah the values are amazing right now, but I had a devil of time finding my truck in July of last year...I don't even want to think about looking for one now....
Gone mine in March last year. Traded in my 13. Nobody was buying then. Took them to the cleaners on the 2020 and got ZERO interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/