5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Swag1981

Reaction score
It actually happened yesterday, but I paid off my truck. Between the stimies and a large tax return + savings, we had enough to pay it off and still keep a proper e-fund.

Didn’t like taking out the loan last year, but paying it off in 14 months was a good feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
before you guys go an clean up those trucks. take a picture of your dirty truck and head over to the Photo Challenge Thread. Current challenge is for the dirtiest truck

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure how far down it's stripped, but I couldn't even get the 50 in. lbs. to click. the other 3 are fine. So, I'm pretty sure it is all the way down. I am looking at the helicoils and/or nut-sert avenue.

I am going down to my Dad's for a week or 2. I have a bunch of things to do on my truck down there. Muffler, tow hooks, Mopar tailgate step (possibly a front level. I keep going back and forth with that one). My dad has a hydraulic lift, so it will make it easier. LOL.

I will take a closer look at the TB issue when I get there. Plus, my Dad is a wizard at stuff like this. That's what he does. He fixes things that are broken. 41 years at GM, skilled trades / machine tool & die. LOL.

Hopefully we can figure out a solution. I'm sure it will be fine.
Take advantage of dad while you can. I'm sure he likes being appreciated. Mine was a Ford mechanic after he retired from the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic. I was fearless rebuilding and tearing engines apart when I was young. I knew if I f'd it up, dad could fix it. He'd grumble and lecture about how the factory made crap the way they do for a reason while I was modding them up but he would jump right in and take the challenge! That was years back and I did not inherit his skill. Heck he retired when it took a computer to tell you what was wrong. Good memories that will stick with you.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
You piqued my interest so I checked out my preferred local dealer and they have a TRX for $83. Huh, that's really not that unreasonable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have noticed trx prices have dropped. $83 isn’t bad. What “level” does it have cooled seats?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have noticed trx prices have dropped. $83 isn’t bad. What “level” does it have cooled seats?

I had a dealer tell me it was a marketing ploy when they were first arriving as the dealers would get them optioned out and you couldn't actually purchase the base price. Don't know if you can just build and order now?

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Did a thing today. Ditched the Fuel Assaults and went with the Fuel Coverts. Tire is the Falken Wildpeak AT3. Will post specs tomorrow. 34.5” tire on a 2” level no rub at full lock
c8d3090958b7995a5249b796d86f6ecd.jpg

McFly.

Reaction score
Did a thing today. Ditched the Fuel Assaults and went with the Fuel Coverts. Tire is the Falken Wildpeak AT3. Will post specs tomorrow. 34.5” tire on a 2” level no rub at full lock
c8d3090958b7995a5249b796d86f6ecd.jpg

Verdict on the Coverts?

I am sitting on the fence between these and the Fuel Vapors in 20” on an all black limited... cannot decide!!

I am leaning toward the Coverts though...

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Those are nice, I have the midnight 22's and already scraped a rim so I'm looking at a smaller rim with more tire.

I off-road a lot and didn’t want to hit one of the spokes on the assaults. Happy with more sidewall

Users who are viewing this thread