5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks to have a screw in there.

Each time that I rotate in the spring and fall, I do a nail and screw check. Sometimes these things can form a pretty good seal and you wouldn't even know that it's there.

Sorta found out by luck
Was helping neighbour move stuff, nothing truck related, and I just happened to look down as we walked by. At first I thought just a stone.

minmar10

Reaction score
Is it only my truck that the volume sucks over 25? like 25-38 there is no difference in volume at all. and it isnt loud.

looking to upgrade all doors to 6x9 and then do a sub box. But i did hte 6x9 all doors in a n old suv and it sounded great without subs even, using alpine type s components off a alpine single din pushing 45watts from the reciver.
All honestly, my alpine system sounded great. I did not have any problems with the volume. The sub behind the passenger rear seat did great. I just wanted more., lol.. now it’s slamming pretty hard.

brian1684

Reaction score
Dang. Are you guys talking stock system? Anything much past 12-14 on my alpine would make my ears hurt lol.
Mine came with the 9 speaker with sub alpine and it is one of the best stock systems I’ve ever heard. The surround sound is pretty amazing and makes the sound clear and crisp any where in the cab, the sub provides the right amount of hit for me, I got the really loud booming bass out of my system in my younger years.

Apettit13

Reaction score
First off, I want to express a very sincere "Thank You" to every single person who provides input on this forum. Over the course of the last month and a half I spent a ton of time reading different thoughts and ideas when it comes to making these RAM's tough! The insights and information were key in helping me build my truck to my liking but with input from all of you. Again, Thank You.

Here is a list of stock and custom accessories I've added since getting my stock 2020 RAM Limited w/ air suspension back in July. I would not change a thing! :)

1. Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust with 5" Black Chrome tips (Borla 140752BC)
2. Mopar Auto-step
3. Stock Mopar Tonneau cover
4. Window tint - 20% to match in front, 5% rear and sunroof
5. Fuel Rage 20x9 +1 offset wheels
6. Federal Xplora MTS tires - 33x12.50x20
7. Kykr 12" premium screen protector (Love it!)
8. IGL Kenzo ceramic coating (paint, glass, plastic, wheels)
9. Xpel paint protection film - full fender and flares, A-pillar, roof, mirrors, rockers, grill, hood
10. Mopar Crew Cab Slush Mats Floor Mats - (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M78Y778/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - $114
11. Dawn Enterprises - Chromline painted body side molding (sorry blackout guys, i'm old school so like a little chrome to match my wheels)
12. Putco Blade 60" Tailgate Light Bar - (thanks for the tip on the "Swpeet nylon round spacers) - the right spacers did the trick in making sure the tailgate doesn't hit the light bar when opening and closing
13. LFPartS USA American Flag Metal Embossed LIcense Plate - (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07812QC46/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
14. Carbon Fiber decals which include hood detail and RAM logo's on front doors and grill - reflectiveconcepts.com
15. Painted Sport hood bezel/vents and tailgate RAM logo
16. Factory spray-in bedliner
17. Tailgate seal kit
18. Headlight/Fog/Tailgate/Cab/Side Mirror - painted tint to 20%
19. 3.92 rea axle
20. Active-Level Air Suspension
21. Weathertech splash guards
22. Rough Country 20-Inch Cree LED Light Bar Black Series with Cool White DRL
23. JMS Chip - Pedalmax - (https://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-2018_2020_some-ram-and-jeep-vehicles-px1920dcx4/)
View attachment 66523 View attachment 66524 View attachment 66538 View attachment 66539 View attachment 66528 View attachment 66531 View attachment 66532 View attachment 66533 View attachment 66534 View attachment 66535
First off your truck is absolutely gorgeous!

how do you like the tinted headlights? Are things still easily visible? Did you use a tint overlay or paint? I’m looking to do this, I’m just concerned about light not coming through

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
Everything gets along great with an eTorque.
HOLY COW!! I installed mine today. Immediately, the traction control service message flashed across the dash and the "service gas pedal" warning popped up too. I attempted to drive it and it was accelerating without me even touching the pedal, and accelerating fast. I turned around and went home and immediately unhooked it. I put my scanner on and got several pedal code errors. I erased them and the traction and pedal service light went off, but now the check engine light won't go off. I'll call Sprint Booster tomorrow and find out WTF is going on.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HOLY COW!! I installed mine today. Immediately, the traction control service message flashed across the dash and the "service gas pedal" warning popped up too. I attempted to drive it and it was accelerating without me even touching the pedal, and accelerating fast. I turned around and went home and immediately unhooked it. I put my scanner on and got several pedal code errors. I erased them and the traction and pedal service light went off, but now the check engine light won't go off. I'll call Sprint Booster tomorrow and find out WTF is going on.

Just keep it off for a day or so and the lights will go off. Make sure when you put it back on to let the vehicle sit for 20 or so minutes before putting it on. You have to follow the instructions exactly. I've had this happen a few times.

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
Just keep it off for a day or so and the lights will go off. Make sure when you put it back on to let the vehicle sit for 20 or so minutes before putting it on. You have to follow the instructions exactly. I've had this happen a few times.
Thanks. When it started accelerating out of my driveway i was a little startled.

P.S.- You mean hook it up and then let the truck sit about 20 minutes after that before starting, right?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. When it started accelerating out of my driveway i was a little startled.

P.S.- You mean hook it up and then let the truck sit about 20 minutes after that before starting, right?

No. I believe the instructions say to open the car door and leave the vehicle sit for 15-20 minutes so the vehicle powers down. Then go ahead and plug in the Sprint Booster. Then you should be good to go. Do not make any changes to the programming when you are driving or accelerating.

brian1684

Reaction score
868414C1-F378-4BF2-AB6B-2F303C6B6668.jpeg
Got a magnetic phone mount, originally bought one from Walmart that stuck up but could not stand my phone being that high up on my dash so found this drop down one on Amazon, much better for my personal tastes. Tonneau, hood deflector, and mud guards should be in tomorrow... borla s coming soon I believe...

Attachments

• 33AE9AF3-2C5D-41ED-80A0-4F82BA24DA2D.jpeg
    33AE9AF3-2C5D-41ED-80A0-4F82BA24DA2D.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DF721950-BF4A-48A3-908A-D0C2F445E5B8.jpeg
    DF721950-BF4A-48A3-908A-D0C2F445E5B8.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 96

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the way mine was. Stock sounded great by itself. I just wanted a little more punch.

Agree. Mine is usually on 10 sometimes 12 if a good song! 🤣

Mine came with the 9 speaker with sub alpine and it is one of the best stock systems I’ve ever heard. The surround sound is pretty amazing and makes the sound clear and crisp any where in the cab, the sub provides the right amount of hit for me, I got the really loud booming bass out of my system in my younger years.

Haha yea, I love my alpine system. I did replace the 3 dash speakers with some Kickers and it took it up just a little bit more. I agree that even stock the alpine is a great system. I love it so much I almost can't stand to drive my commuter lol. Maybe I need to dump a system in it.

Jeeper

Reaction score
View attachment 87870
Got a magnetic phone mount, originally bought one from Walmart that stuck up but could not stand my phone being that high up on my dash so found this drop down one on Amazon, much better for my personal tastes. Tonneau, hood deflector, and mud guards should be in tomorrow... borla s coming soon I believe...
does it suction on dash trim.? pretty solid?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread