5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

minmar10

Reaction score
View attachment 87870
Got a magnetic phone mount, originally bought one from Walmart that stuck up but could not stand my phone being that high up on my dash so found this drop down one on Amazon, much better for my personal tastes. Tonneau, hood deflector, and mud guards should be in tomorrow... borla s coming soon I believe...
Do you have a link for the cell mount?

Quint

Reaction score
Borla S ordered, will be in next week... The wife is not exactly thrilled, but she said to make it my truck... and i promised to drive her across the country when she is ready for a new puppy...lol
I'll let you do anything you want to that truck if you promise to drive me across the country to pick up a load of Coors in Texarcana and drive it eastbound and down to Atlanta...!

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Gave the truck a nice wash yesterday.. going for tints today, doing suntek ceramic on all four windows and back glass. Definitely going with 20% for rear passenger and glass, thinking a little lighter up frontwith 30.. any thoughts

Attachments

• E1DC05BA-2E41-4BDC-A589-98F0120EE454.jpeg
    E1DC05BA-2E41-4BDC-A589-98F0120EE454.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 90

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gave the truck a nice wash yesterday.. going for tints today, doing suntek ceramic on all four windows and back glass. Definitely going with 20% for rear passenger and glass, thinking a little lighter up frontwith 30.. any thoughts
So you wanting 20% total on rear glass, because factory is already at 20%. If you put 20% over top, it makes it effectively 5%. I'd say 20% on front doors. You wont really notice 30% or higher.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had the second chip in my windshield repaired yesterday. Less than 10k miles and two rock chips. Gotta love midwest winters where they put gravel down on roads to help with ice traction

KCViper

Reaction score
So you wanting 20% total on rear glass, because factory is already at 20%. If you put 20% over top, it makes it effectively 5%. I'd say 20% on front doors. You wont really notice 30% or higher.
I have to agree with understanding about the VLT (visible light transmission) and putting tint over the factory rear and back glass. If you want the IR/UV benefits for the rear glass but don't want to go any darker, then you can simply put 70% or 80% ceramic on those windows. VLT in Texas is 25% on front windows and I don't want to get hassled, so I always put 30% on. It is not too far off the factory (20%) that it looks weird.....but to each their own. I find that there are no issues at night with 30%! GL

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Snowed in southern oHIo so too cold to wash it outside. Took it to my favorite detail place for a good washing. This is the same place that applied the PPF and ceramic coating last year.

Attachments

• RAM.jpg
    RAM.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 118

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I have to agree with understanding about the VLT (visible light transmission) and putting tint over the factory rear and back glass. If you want the IR/UV benefits for the rear glass but don't want to go any darker, then you can simply put 70% or 80% ceramic on those windows. VLT in Texas is 25% on front windows and I don't want to get hassled, so I always put 30% on. It is not too far off the factory (20%) that it looks weird.....but to each their own. I find that there are no issues at night with 30%! GL
I want the dark in the back to block the sun from going in the kid and babys eyes, it always bothers them on road trips. The law in my great state of NY is 70% visible light transmission on front windows. So basically any shade of tint up front is illegal. If I'm darker in the back and lighter up front maybe they won't pull me over.

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
No. I believe the instructions say to open the car door and leave the vehicle sit for 15-20 minutes so the vehicle powers down. Then go ahead and plug in the Sprint Booster. Then you should be good to go. Do not make any changes to the programming when you are driving or accelerating.
The Sprint Booster folks said 99.9% of the problems they get calls on are connector related. He said to try again and make certain you get the audible clicks of the connectors seating all the way. So, I did it again and went for a ride. No warning lights and works as advertised. I guess I didn't have the connections all the way in, duh.

My next post will be me complaining about not researching the Tazer DT (which I just bought) before buying the Auto S/S Eliminator...🙄

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Sprint Booster folks said 99.9% of the problems they get calls on are connector related. He said to try again and make certain you get the audible clicks of the connectors seating all the way. So, I did it again and went for a ride. No warning lights and works as advertised. I guess I didn't have the connections all the way in, duh.

My next post will be me complaining about not researching the Tazer DT (which I just bought) before buying the Auto S/S Eliminator...🙄

Glad you got it working but it's not to say that it can't or won't happen again. I went months without any issues and then all of a sudden happened as it has happened 2 times.

losswiggs

Reaction score
Picked up a new ‘21 Rebel a couple weeks ago. Wanted to get Night Edition but had a hell of a time finding the options I wanted with that package. Figured it wasn’t difficult to recreate so replaced the factory RAM logo ($20 eBay) in the grill with black letters and did a black Line-X spray on the skid plate ($70) when I had the bed sprayed earlier this week. Really happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• E664800D-7B89-47AF-BF48-7A68310ABD06.jpeg
    E664800D-7B89-47AF-BF48-7A68310ABD06.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 179
  • 11034A31-D2A2-423B-A7F6-DD02C49EF950.jpeg
    11034A31-D2A2-423B-A7F6-DD02C49EF950.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 179

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally placed an order for Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners thanks to a forum member posting the email notification of replenished stock.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I live in San Antonio and I did 30% all around except for the front windshield and the pano sunroof. I did 70% on those. I went with 3M IR ceramic. I love the outcome.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Picked up a new ‘21 Rebel a couple weeks ago. Wanted to get Night Edition but had a hell of a time finding the options I wanted with that package. Figured it wasn’t difficult to recreate so replaced the factory RAM logo ($20 eBay) in the grill with black letters and did a black Line-X spray on the skid plate ($70) when I had the bed sprayed earlier this week. Really happy with how it turned out.
congrats.. very nice!

Apettit13

Reaction score
I had full intentions of having new wheels and tires by now, but some unfortunate circumstances led to having to spend money other places. I couldn’t take the chrome anymore, so I plastidipped the wheels, and painted the exhaust tips black. The truck is almost entirely blacked out now with the exception of the headlights, which I will hopefully get to in the coming weeks. 2DCE0FB9-BC84-4E2C-BC74-A4883AF85D2B.jpeg
564F81B6-825E-41AF-B939-E769B430A0AA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread